Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

TF & New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack

OP lkbfreak

2nd January 2012, 08:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

138 posts
More
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and just to let you all know that I tried and succeeded charging my TF!

I took 2,5 h to charge TF full from 50% battery but the only trick is that the TF screen must be off. While connected, TF didn't show any signs of charging, like battery icon or similar but to my surprise it did fully charged.

iCruiser has an output voltage of 5 V, 1 mA so using it with TF is similar to usb charging trick. Usually while I charge my HTC phone with iCruiser it goes off when finished but with TF it stays on so you have to turn it off manually.

So if anyone owns or plans to buy similar or same external battery pack, it could save you while on trip etc.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-iCru.../ref=pd_cp_e_1
The Following User Says Thank You to lkbfreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Thx for the word! I have a NEW Trent battery pack that I like and use a lot. just last night I tried and failed to charge it. I tried both 1 and 2.1 amps, each at five volts. Didn't see anything and figured it wasn't working. Ill try what you say.
4th January 2012, 03:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 9

41 posts
While it is true that 5v will charge the TF and Dock it will take for ever and you can not have the screen on as you are finding out. It would be a better choice to use a battery that has a 12v output. A battery pack designed to extend the battery life of a notebook computer would be what to look for.

Thank you for the post. Appreciate the info.

hshoem1
4th January 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #4  

9 posts
I tried my 5V battery last night and it did charge. I use my external battery a lot for my phone, MP3 player, etc. Its nice that it at least somewhat works with my tablet.
24th April 2012, 08:56 AM   |  #5  

29 posts
I know this thread is a little old now, but are you still as impressed with it as before? I've heard that it doesnt have a long battery life and gives out after 3 - 6 months.

What are your thoughts?
3rd May 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #6  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

81 posts
More
I just bought the IMP70D and I get that it charges while the screen is off, but my question is, how do you keep the screen off? The moment it detects a charge it turns my screen on. Then it keeps turning on at random while its plugged in. Are you turning the tablet off to do this?
3rd May 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 409

941 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie

I just bought the IMP70D and I get that it charges while the screen is off, but my question is, how do you keep the screen off? The moment it detects a charge it turns my screen on. Then it keeps turning on at random while its plugged in. Are you turning the tablet off to do this?

Weird, it should not turn back on when you have turned it off.
But you can try disabling "stay awake" in dev. options.
3rd May 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

271 posts
Please help me!
I have the New Trent 7000mAh IMP70D
Is there a way to charge my Transformer??
Do I have to plug it on the 2.1A or 1A and what else should I do??
4th May 2012, 07:23 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 333

1,439 posts
The 1A is good enough for 5V charging. USB (or 5V) will only trickle charge when the TF is off. Good enough for overnight charging but that's about it.

Sent from my PG41200 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
4th May 2012, 12:23 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 8

271 posts
So all I gotta do is plug it in the port where it says "1A for iPhone 4S" and turn off the screen??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charging, external battery, icruiser, new trent, transformer
Previous Thread Next Thread