[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

Tip us?

worldindo1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakisa950 View Post
sorry if it has been addressed but has the rotation issue been fixed
Rotation issue? I remember waaaaaaaaaay back there was an issue on Fattire's sneakpeek-fullofbugs2 but that has since long been fixed. Are you referring to how the screen looked funky when you went from portrait to landscape? Or possibly if that isn't what you're talking about, could you post a video of what you're talking about?
Please sign this petition to force HTC to include S-Off in its Bootloader program.
^ Please try to include this in your signature. Every person counts!

Devices
Nook Color: CM10.1 (Nightly)
HTC One X: ShoreDroid CM11
HTC Evo 3D: CM11
HTC One V: CM10.1 (Nightly)
PS3: Stock 4.50

The Graveyard
Toshiba Satellite A215-S5825: R.I.P
LG Optimus V: Harmonia 2.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanogen View Post
I mean this with the utmost respect: go eat a bowl of dicks.

leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 3rd May 2012 at 05:30 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3406

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldindo1 View Post
Rotation issue? I remember waaaaaaaaaay back there was an issue on Fattire's sneakpeek-fullofbugs2 but that has since long been fixed. Are you referring to how the screen looked funky when you went from portrait to landscape? Or possibly if that isn't what you're talking about, could you post a video of what you're talking about?
Early on, like you said, there was a rotation issue. Fattire fixed it by putting the necessary rotations in the kernel rather than a setting in build.prop. Recently (4/27), keyodi discovered that a fix to ics had been made that made fattire's kernel rotation unnecessary. So he removed the kernel rotation and re-inserted the build.prop setting.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here

freonchill
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomn View Post
For a much better picture of what's happening use Better Battery Stats to check for apps that are causing a lot of "partial wakelocks", which is where the app calls for the CPU to stay awake or more importantly to wake up the CPU without turning the screen back on. When a partial wakelock happens the device still looks like it's sleeping but it could be using a lot more power
tired BBS and "partial wakelocks" over the last 4d 36m 9s - the overwhelming offender was *backup* android system @ 1h 1m 51s; while the next item was my google reader sync @ 2m 20s...

i am at 33% battery, it was (before it updated) at ~70% this afternoon when i came home. i had not touched it for 1-2 days.

cpu spy says that its been up for 101:57:54, since i booted last (which was after i came back to it and the battery was dead)
1100mhz 0:12:54 0%
800mhz 0:1:22 0%
600mhz 1:44:42 1%
300mhz 0:00:00 0%
deep sleep 99:58:55 98%

i disabled backup and going to see if it will stay @ 33% for the next couple of days without use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freonchill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

worldindo1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Early on, like you said, there was a rotation issue. Fattire fixed it by putting the necessary rotations in the kernel rather than a setting in build.prop. Recently (4/27), keyodi discovered that a fix to ics had been made that made fattire's kernel rotation unnecessary. So he removed the kernel rotation and re-inserted the build.prop setting.

On an unrelated topic, does your modded NookColorUMS have any problems mounting /boot on Win7? I'm trying at this very moment (because I want to install TWRP as a uAlt recovery) and the app seems to have no effect. Win7 just reads it like a normal MTP and shows me eMMC and SD partitions. Is there some sort of command I can run in CMD to get it to work? This is my work computer so I can't install ADB. In the meantime however, I will get ADB on my Ubuntu workstation. But for now is there some sort of workaround?
Please sign this petition to force HTC to include S-Off in its Bootloader program.

Devices

The Graveyard

Quote:

eyeballer
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3351

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
On an unrelated topic, does your modded NookColorUMS have any problems mounting /boot on Win7? I'm trying at this very moment (because I want to install TWRP as a uAlt recovery) and the app seems to have no effect. Win7 just reads it like a normal MTP and shows me eMMC and SD partitions. Is there some sort of command I can run in CMD to get it to work? This is my work computer so I can't install ADB. In the meantime however, I will get ADB on my Ubuntu workstation. But for now is there some sort of workaround?
I haven't used NookColorUMS in a while, but if you want to flash TWRP to alt then you can find my flashable zips here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1469732

leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 4th May 2012 at 03:41 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3406

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I think you may be running too old of a CM9 nightly. UMS has only been activated a short time (since 4/22). You have to go to settings, storage, menu, USB Computer connection and there should be an option 'mass storage'. Select that. If it is missing or greyed out, update to a newer nightly. (I just updated my tips post to reflect this).

But it would be easier to flash eyeballers zip.

shumash
Old
Thanks Meter 1483

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The latest eyeballer build restores the problem. The display rotates, but landscape is portrait (upside down) and portrait is landscape and the touchscreen is wonky and ... I reverted.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3406

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shumash View Post
The latest eyeballer build restores the problem. The display rotates, but landscape is portrait (upside down) and portrait is landscape and the touchscreen is wonky and ... I reverted.
Are you sure you have the right kernel? Do you have the build.prop setting that says hwrotation=270? You may be using a custom build.prop from some supercharging or something. See my earlier post about what keyodi did recently to the kernel and build.prop.

The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

worldindo1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
I think you may be running too old of a CM9 nightly. UMS has only been activated a short time (since 4/22). You have to go to settings, storage, menu, USB Computer connection and there should be an option 'mass storage'. Select that. If it is missing or greyed out, update to a newer nightly. (I just updated my tips post to reflect this).

But it would be easier to flash eyeballers zip.
I run the newest as they drop on his techerrata mirror. I never actually realized there was an option for UMS. Thanks And as for TWRP I'll use the aformentioned ZIP.

Devices

The Graveyard

Quote:

shumash
Old
(Last edited by shumash; 4th May 2012 at 08:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1483

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Are you sure you have the right kernel? Do you have the build.prop setting that says hwrotation=270? You may be using a custom build.prop from some supercharging or something. See my earlier post about what keyodi did recently to the kernel and build.prop.

I'll check that out. I did use the 2.6.32.59 kernel when I flashed it 'cause the build kernel looked older. Probably my bad.

EDIT:
Yup, that was the problem. All is well.

Tags
cm9, ics, nightly