FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

2.3.4 ZergRush

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Phryxus, Member on 1st May 2012, 06:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd May 2012, 01:11 AM |#11  
Spectre51's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,357
 
Donate to Me
More
If you are rooted then update OTA you usually keep root access.


Sent from my iPhone 4s
 
 
3rd May 2012, 06:28 AM |#12  
Junior Member
Flag Your Mum's House
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
In preparation for 2.3.4 I flashed a stock 2.3.3, rerooted, then went ahead with the OTA. It kept root but for some reason my signal and wifi indicators are now a constant gray. Everything works fine so I guess its nothing major right?

Sent from my R800x using XDA
Last edited by Willie_Dynamite; 3rd May 2012 at 06:32 AM.
3rd May 2012, 12:52 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie_Dynamite

In preparation for 2.3.4 I flashed a stock 2.3.3, rerooted, then went ahead with the OTA. It kept root but for some reason my signal and wifi indicators are now a constant gray. Everything works fine so I guess its nothing major right?

Sent from my R800x using XDA

I have the same issue. Called Verizon to see if it was part of the update, they called Sony "who could not tell" but said "if everything is working, dont worry about it."

I had the Verizon 2.3.3 firmare, and rooted with zregRush. Before the OTA I read that it would fail with root, so I unrooted the phone. Started having a couple issues, so minor I do not remember what they were, but ended up using flashtool to reflash the stock image I downloaded. Everything was fine then, my icons were turning green when connected, and all. Then did the OTA, and everything is working but the icons for wifi and 3g never go green. Is there any more word on this? Is there any futher word on zeregRush rooting?

I have the doomloard linux script to to the root process, and I tried to run the commands instead of the script, I found that I was unable to create or pus files to the device, so I tried to use the sdcard, but when running the zregRus program all I get is access denied!
3rd May 2012, 05:11 PM |#14  
Phryxus's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjalbert

I have the same issue. Called Verizon to see if it was part of the update, they called Sony "who could not tell" but said "if everything is working, dont worry about it."

I had the Verizon 2.3.3 firmare, and rooted with zregRush. Before the OTA I read that it would fail with root, so I unrooted the phone. Started having a couple issues, so minor I do not remember what they were, but ended up using flashtool to reflash the stock image I downloaded. Everything was fine then, my icons were turning green when connected, and all. Then did the OTA, and everything is working but the icons for wifi and 3g never go green. Is there any more word on this? Is there any futher word on zeregRush rooting?

I have the doomloard linux script to to the root process, and I tried to run the commands instead of the script, I found that I was unable to create or pus files to the device, so I tried to use the sdcard, but when running the zregRus program all I get is access denied!

Sorry to quote your whole reply. I'm currently mobile. I have the same greyed out issue and turns out a lot of people are having this issue with 2.3.4 on other phones. Galaxy Nexus for exmaple. They are all using stock like most of us with R800x. My Wifi and 3G do work flawless but its annoying because I can never tell if its lost signal or not.
3rd May 2012, 06:06 PM |#15  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,574
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phryxus

Sorry to quote your whole reply. I'm currently mobile. I have the same greyed out issue and turns out a lot of people are having this issue with 2.3.4 on other phones. Galaxy Nexus for exmaple. They are all using stock like most of us with R800x. My Wifi and 3G do work flawless but its annoying because I can never tell if its lost signal or not.

Check G-Talk, if that can't connect, that's the issue (I had the issue on a non-rooted version, too)

Pax
3rd May 2012, 06:06 PM |#16  
Member
Flag los angeles
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Same here. Greyed out.

Sent from my R800x using XDA
3rd May 2012, 06:19 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

Check G-Talk, if that can't connect, that's the issue (I had the issue on a non-rooted version, too)

Pax

I checked G-Talk, and no it can not connect to the server. Is this an issue I can fix(reload app, factory reset??) or is this something in the update?
3rd May 2012, 06:53 PM |#18  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,574
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjalbert

I checked G-Talk, and no it can not connect to the server. Is this an issue I can fix(reload app, factory reset??) or is this something in the update?

To my knowledge, something in the update, I tried flashing latest Gapps, and still have the same problem

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 06:54 PM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjalbert

I checked G-Talk, and no it can not connect to the server. Is this an issue I can fix(reload app, factory reset??) or is this something in the update?

BTW I have locked bootloader, never messed with that! Did root, 2.3.3 also had an issue were I used flashtool to load the R800x_3.0.1.E.0.88_Verizon.ftf so I guess I am not quite sure if I was running a stock image before I did the OTA to 2.3.4?
3rd May 2012, 07:01 PM |#20  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,574
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjalbert

BTW I have locked bootloader, never messed with that! Did root, 2.3.3 also had an issue were I used flashtool to load the R800x_3.0.1.E.0.88_Verizon.ftf so I guess I am not quite sure if I was running a stock image before I did the OTA to 2.3.4?

If you ftf'd back to stock, you were on a unrooted device when you updated, so root isn't the problem :P

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes