Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 44,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MTD][EL30] RandomROM THUNDERHAWK IV FINAL | [5/16]

Tip us?

RandomKing
Old
(Last edited by RandomKing; 3rd May 2012 at 04:45 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1466

DONATE TO ME
Default Bluetooth/4G(Hopefully) Fix

HELLO ALL!

I have uploaded the latest themes for this rom HERE. These should also be flash-able over any EL30 rom you may still be using on BML OR MTD.

More importantly, they contain the fix I have built for the Bluetooth and I'm assuming 4G. Once again, I can't confirm or deny that second one, as I have no 4G to test with. But the corrupt coding seemingly affecting Bluetooth, Wifi, and 4G connections WAS in a Wimax file, so I believe it's a safe assumption.

I have now tweaked the overall theming in slight ways, as well as the lock screen change I've already displayed. More importantly, options.cfg now can contain a line for:

"aosp.lock=yes"

This will enable, yes, an AOSP lock. As with the power menu options and the pulldown toggles, you can adjust any of these features at any time, and they will change instantly after flashing one of my themes.

While not as nice as, say, an app interface... You can quickly edit the options.cfg file with the ES File Explorer I include. Then "Flash an update" through the CWM manager I include. The phone will reboot, install, and re-load all on it's own. Takes no time at all! Enjoy!

Just an FYI: If you notice some screenshots on my site are gone... it's because they were linked to my romgeeks site. PPCGeeks has apparently shutdown romgeeks without notice. Good thing I already mostly abandoned it, eh?

If you're an active Epic 4G user, show it with a vote in this thread! I'm taking a tally.
My work will always be free! If you want to buy me a coke!

Sprint Galaxy SIII: | Jaguar 2.2.1 MD4
Sprint Epic 4G | Sprint Galaxy Tab | HP Touchpad
--Battery Save!--
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RandomKing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VassagoX
Old
(Last edited by VassagoX; 3rd May 2012 at 05:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Good news! I'll give it a go and do some testing on the 4g issue.

I have run into one more problem which I'm sure is more user error. My voicemails are playing through the speaker! There doesn't seem to be any way to stop it. Is it a bug or a feature I can turn off easily?

EDIT: The settings say Speakerphone is automatically off, yet it still plays through there.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, turning that on and then off again seems to have corrected the issue. Weird. I'll let you know if I experience it again.

RandomKing
Old
Thanks Meter 1466

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by VassagoX View Post
Good news! I'll give it a go and do some testing on the 4g issue.

I have run into one more problem which I'm sure is more user error. My voicemails are playing through the speaker! There doesn't seem to be any way to stop it. Is it a bug or a feature I can turn off easily?

EDIT: The settings say Speakerphone is automatically off, yet it still plays through there.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, turning that on and then off again seems to have corrected the issue. Weird. I'll let you know if I experience it again.
Let me know if there's an improvement. It definitely brought my bluetooth back. For the last few days, if I activated it, it would sit in limbo for a minute and then give up without turning on. Now it works in... 5-12 seconds? Seems good to me.

I've made efforts to better organize my theming so I can finally make a red version I so want...

--Battery Save!--

v4g480nd
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Theme/Fix Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomKing View Post
More importantly, they contain the fix I have built for the Bluetooth and I'm assuming 4G. Once again, I can't confirm or deny that second one, as I have no 4G to test with. But the corrupt coding seemingly affecting Bluetooth, Wifi, and 4G connections WAS in a Wimax file, so I believe it's a safe assumption.
Baller-status. Thanks for the fix! I can confirm that wifi and bluetooth are fixed here. Can't test 4g because i'm in an underground lab today but it appears to try to connect correctly :-/
The Following User Says Thank You to v4g480nd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VassagoX
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by v4g480nd View Post
Baller-status. Thanks for the fix! I can confirm that wifi and bluetooth are fixed here. Can't test 4g because i'm in an underground lab today but it appears to try to connect correctly :-/
The issue I always had was it would show connected, but not actually be connected, switching from WIFI to 4g or 4g to WIFI. I'll test it when I have access to a WIFI connection. Right now, 4g is working fine for me.

VassagoX
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
The issue I always had was it would show connected, but not actually be connected, switching from WIFI to 4g or 4g to WIFI. I'll test it when I have access to a WIFI connection. Right now, 4g is working fine for me.
Ok, I tested it out. Unfortunately, the issue is still present. It's not the phone. I just got this phone last week as a replacement from Sprint. It's brand new. The issue was on both of the phones.

It appears to turn on and connect when switching. There just isn't a connection. You can't surf the net or use internet apps until you reboot unless you go back to what connection you were using or use 3G.

Example, at work I stay on 4g. It works all day. I go home and connect to my WIFI, no connection, even though it shows I'm connected. If I turn off WIFI and go back to 4g or use 3g, it connects and works fine. When I reboot with WIFI on, it works on boot. If I turn it off and try to go to 4g, no connection again. Now, only WIFI and 3g work until my next reboot.

This has been true when connecting to other WIFI networks as well, so it's not specific to my network.

Is no one else experiencing this exact issue?

On a side note, the Bluetooth issue appears to be resolved.
The Following User Says Thank You to VassagoX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RandomKing
Old
(Last edited by RandomKing; 4th May 2012 at 04:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1466

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok, I tested it out. Unfortunately, the issue is still present. It's not the phone. I just got this phone last week as a replacement from Sprint. It's brand new. The issue was on both of the phones.

That's so bizarre. The bluetooth has been the issue for me personally. I'm rebuilding the rom in my spare time (over lunches). I've matched nearly all stock files against CleanROM. Very few files were different, and aside from the ones I fixed to solve the bluetooth, none SHOULD cause a problem.

Just the same, I've cleaned up the installer-script. Again. I was going to make the rom autoconvert BML to MTD, but I've thought better of it. Size mostly. Instead, I will try to create a converter that will attempt to preserve your setup. Meanwhile, the RandomROM installer will simply bail out if you haven't converted.

All of this will be carried into FC19 to hopefully avoid these issues in the future.

Hopefully somewhere in the cleanup I will magically fix 4G.

--Battery Save!--

VassagoX
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomKing View Post
That's so bizarre. The bluetooth has been the issue for me personally. I'm rebuilding the rom in my spare time (over lunches). I've matched nearly all stock files against CleanROM. Very few files were different, and aside from the ones I fixed to solve the bluetooth, none SHOULD cause a problem.

Just the same, I've cleaned up the installer-script. Again. I was going to make the rom autoconvert BML to MTD, but I've thought better of it. Size mostly. Instead, I will try to create a converter that will attempt to preserve your setup. Meanwhile, the RandomROM installer will simply bail out if you haven't converted.

All of this will be carried into FC19 to hopefully avoid these issues in the future.

Hopefully somewhere in the cleanup I will magically fix 4G.
Sounds good. This is the only rom I've seen this issue on. I've specifically tested it with other roms to see if it was the phone.

Keep up the good work!

Trident
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:

It appears to turn on and connect when switching. There just isn't a connection. You can't surf the net or use internet apps until you reboot unless you go back to what connection you were using or use 3G.

Example, at work I stay on 4g. It works all day. I go home and connect to my WIFI, no connection, even though it shows I'm connected. If I turn off WIFI and go back to 4g or use 3g, it connects and works fine. When I reboot with WIFI on, it works on boot. If I turn it off and try to go to 4g, no connection again. Now, only WIFI and 3g work until my next reboot.

This has been true when connecting to other WIFI networks as well, so it's not specific to my network.

Exact same thing was happening with me. When I wasn't using the phone much, it was tolerable. When I'm switching around a lot- not.
Peace,
Trident

Using a Sprint GalaxyNexus for work and LG G2 for personal.
[Feel free to press the Thanks button if I helped you- I'll do the same.
Loving my new connection-

RandomKing
Old
Thanks Meter 1466

DONATE TO ME
Default Recognized Developer Status

I am apparently now a Recognized Developer! Thank you everyone for your support. As long as Android stays popular and interesting, I'll still be modifying it!

--Battery Save!--

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RandomKing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe