[FAQ] S-Off

OP luis86dr

1st May 2012, 01:44 AM   |  #171  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,591

2,220 posts
More
Try the time to hgoldner made. Seems to work well for timing. Download is in OP.

Sent from my Htc Rezound
Follow me on twitter @lmrtech
1st May 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #172  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 425

2,719 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis86dr

Try the time to hgoldner made. Seems to work well for timing. Download is in OP.

Sent from my Htc Rezound

Weirdly enough after saying eff...did it one more time and it worked.
1st May 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #173  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jersey

2,220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blestsol

Weirdly enough after saying eff...did it one more time and it worked.

Lol. Patience is the key.

Sent from my Htc Rezound
The Following User Says Thank You to luis86dr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 06:07 AM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 12

54 posts
I must be doing something wrong. The video shows the phone booting into bootloader but every time I run the program, it boots into a black HTC screen when it tells me to do the wire trick. Any ideas?[COLOR="Silver"]

LOL ok nevermind. I got it to work. I also installed the JuopunutBear Hboot. Should I keep this one or go back to the stock Hboot? I'm on Clean ROM 4.2.2 on the latest ICS leak if that matters.
Last edited by johnan2112; 2nd May 2012 at 06:27 AM.
2nd May 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #175  
Flag Northwest Georgia
Thanks Meter: 110

211 posts
More
If I'm getting to the "Do wire trick" prompt and I can't get it to take, is it just my timing sucks or can something else be the problem? I've tried it about 5 million times (give or take) and it just keeps saying "Do wire trick now" then after a while reboots and comes back with "still sober". I've tried a strand of CAT5, paperclip with electrical tape, and coax. I've tried using the Timing2.acc and I just can't get it. I was running onexxx and was on the newest leak fw. I've just redownloaded the Stock Rooted Deodexed 4.0.3 - 3.10.605.13.zip from Scott's site and am willing to go back through the steps of installing the RUU, unlocking and trying again. Just want to double check before I go through the hassle.
Also, to install the RUU, do I just drop it on the SD and run from recovery like a custom rom or is there a better way to do it?
2nd May 2012, 07:54 AM   |  #176  
Cullman
Thanks Meter: 259

1,160 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmterp

If I'm getting to the "Do wire trick" prompt and I can't get it to take, is it just my timing sucks or can something else be the problem? I've tried it about 5 million times (give or take) and it just keeps saying "Do wire trick now" then after a while reboots and comes back with "still sober". I've tried a strand of CAT5, paperclip with electrical tape, and coax. I've tried using the Timing2.acc and I just can't get it. I was running onexxx and was on the newest leak fw. I've just redownloaded the Stock Rooted Deodexed 4.0.3 - 3.10.605.13.zip from Scott's site and am willing to go back through the steps of installing the RUU, unlocking and trying again. Just want to double check before I go through the hassle.
Also, to install the RUU, do I just drop it on the SD and run from recovery like a custom rom or is there a better way to do it?

The phone should reboot when you hit both the first time. You're not making good contact between the points

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
3rd May 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #177  
Thanks Meter: 40

280 posts
SD fix
SD fix is not working for me...
I am afraid my battery is going to die since I cant charge it through this process.
Can anyone help?
3rd May 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #178  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jersey

2,220 posts
More
How is it not working for you? What error are you getting?

Sent from my Htc Rezound
3rd May 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #179  
Thanks Meter: 40

280 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis86dr

How is it not working for you? What error are you getting?

Sent from my Htc Rezound

I was able to get it to work eventually, I was doing something wrong.
I actually ended up restoring everything back the way it was. After several tried doing the wire trick, I started getting scared that my battery was getting low (really it never got below 90%) and I just restored everything the way it was. Maybe ill build up the courage to try the process again some time.
3rd May 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #180  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jersey

2,220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trud9340

I was able to get it to work eventually, I was doing something wrong.
I actually ended up restoring everything back the way it was. After several tried doing the wire trick, I started getting scared that my battery was getting low (really it never got below 90%) and I just restored everything the way it was. Maybe ill build up the courage to try the process again some time.

Smart move. Always better to play it safe. Else you'll end up with a expensive paperweight.

Sent from my Htc Rezound

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
#blameant
Previous Thread Next Thread