Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Vote if you got 100% SuperCharged! Does it work as advertised?
Definitely! Nothing beats it... PERIOD! 1,087 41.82%
Very good! Quite happy with the results! 963 37.05%
Snake Oil! It Does NOTHING! 330 12.70%
Makes things worse! 219 8.43%
Voters: 2599. You may not vote on this poll

[V6U9RC13]For Your Lag(4x) Do it good, Good, GOOD, GOOD! SuperCharge Your Launchaaah!

OP zeppelinrox

3rd May 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #10781  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 118

548 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoplinger

If you're decided you want what Zep's script does why not just run it again? For that matter why not just run it again yourself and compare it against the smurfed out modified version? The wrathdu busybox has the diff command, usage diff filename1 filename2

In case you aren't a terminal user the following sequence should get you what you need:

Code:
su
cd /data
mv 99SuperCharger.sh 99SuperCharger.sav
(now re-run the V6 script with ScriptManager)
diff 99SuperCharger.sh 99SuperCharger.sav
exit
exit
The output from diff is pretty understandable without explanation.

Sent from my PG41200 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I've tried running it again but the script attached to my previous post is what I get.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA
3rd May 2012, 05:34 PM   |  #10782  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 118

548 posts
More
Quote:

If you're decided you want what Zep's script does why not just run it again? For that matter why not just run it again yourself and compare it against the smurfed out modified version? The wrathdu busybox has the diff command, usage diff filename1 filename2

In case you aren't a terminal user the following sequence should get you what you need:

Code:
su
cd /data
mv 99SuperCharger.sh 99SuperCharger.sav
(now re-run the V6 script with ScriptManager)
diff 99SuperCharger.sh 99SuperCharger.sav
exit
exit
The output from diff is pretty understandable without explanation.

I've tried running it again but the script attached to my previous post is what I get.?
Don't know why this got posted twice..

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA
3rd May 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #10783  
Flag Your Mom's closet
Thanks Meter: 38

133 posts
Quote:

And just imagine how long it takes to rebuild the 702 apps I've got installed on my HTC Evo View 4G? Between 15 and 20 minutes. Explains why I don't do more trials with the various scripts and options.

HAHA! I hear ya man. I installed, supercharged, unsupercharged and wiped the dalvic 3 times yesterday testing out zepps V6SC test1,2,3 and the Startup Kit test1,2,3 yesterday while helping him test them for bugs/functionality.

fortunately I only have about 187 smaller apps installed so the reboot/dalvic rebuild wasnt too bad. But I did it while at work so I was still getting paid.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EViollet

Hi Zep.

I was looking at this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1621808
What do you think of this? Do you think the changes done here could be relevant to your script and that you could add the values?
Some say that it DOES give longer battery, and others say that it doesn't.

Regards,

I believe I recognize some of those settings from zepps KAK script. so he may very well be using some of those.

you could always run zepps kak and look at the 98kickasskernel.sh in init.d (IIRC) and see if he is using some of those settings.

/edit

yep I just looks at his 98kickass script and he does have a section called "misc battery tweaks" and it looks like some of those are in there. But I'm too lazy to figure out which ones right now. Must go make coffee. [_P
3rd May 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #10784  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,341

2,468 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchick1o9

HAHA! I hear ya man. I installed, supercharged, unsupercharged and wiped the dalvic 3 times yesterday testing out zepps V6SC test1,2,3 and the Startup Kit test1,2,3 yesterday while helping him test them for bugs/functionality.

fortunately I only have about 187 smaller apps installed so the reboot/dalvic rebuild wasnt too bad. But I did it while at work so I was still getting paid.

I have about 170 apps that take up about 750 mb (some apps are pretty big lol) and it takes like 45 seconds to a minute for the dalvik cache to rebuild (btw one thing I love about ics is it actually tells you its optimizing apps rather than just the bootanimation), I'd love to see how long it would take for 300 apps though out of curiosity
3rd May 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #10785  
Flag Your Mom's closet

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalspring

I have about 170 apps that take up about 750 mb (some apps are pretty big lol) and it takes like 45 seconds to a minute for the dalvik cache to rebuild (btw one thing I love about ics is it actually tells you its optimizing apps rather than just the bootanimation), I'd love to see how long it would take for 300 apps though out of curiosity

oh it takes me about 2+ minutes to reboot. but then again I am using a lower end LG virgin mobile phone. 600Mhz cpu and less than 512MB ram. But with zepps script it's about as fast as it will ever get.

I found that disabling the boot animation actually cut 20 seconds off my boot time. I just put this line in my build.prop

debug.sf.nobootanimation=1
3rd May 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #10786  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,046

10,326 posts
More
170 Apps

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
3rd May 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #10787  
Thanks Meter: 89

418 posts
Can someone please verify this for me.....

1. Say 97BulletProof_Apps.sh and the usual 99SuperCharger.sh are BOTH set to Boot (This is what OP recommends if you are BulletProofing).
2. Reboot Phone
3. After waiting a bit for everything to run/load....open up the V6 main dialogue script (V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC8.2.sh). When going through the prompts here the following error messages occur:

Quote:

OOM Grouping Fixes ARE NOT In Effect! That means the boot script did NOT run....

and
Quote:

Current Values DON'T MATCH Prior SuperCharge! Check /data/Ran_SuperCharger for boot info........

These error messages result in the script saying you are only 50% supercharged.....If I remove 97BulletProof_Apps.sh from boot and redo this whole thing (rebooting and all).....I don't get the error messages and am 100% supercharged. In my mind, I think there is a disconnect in communication between this script and BulletProof on boot stuff.

My understanding is that these errors are acceptable/expected if you are running 97BulletProof_Apps.sh on Boot! Is this TRUE?
Last edited by Stupifier; 3rd May 2012 at 06:16 PM.
3rd May 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #10788  
Flag Your Mom's closet

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupifier

Can someone please verify this for me.....

1. Say 97BulletProof_Apps.sh and the usual 99SuperCharger.sh are BOTH set to Boot (This is what OP recommends if you are BulletProofing).

2. Reboot Phone

3. After waiting a bit for everything to run/load....open up the V6 main dialogue script (V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC8.2.sh). When going through the prompts here the following error messages occur:

and

My understanding is that these errors are acceptable/expected if you are running 97BulletProof_Apps.sh on Boot! Is this TRUE?

did you configure superchargers Driver Options to use the build.prop or local.prop. And does your ROM support either of these xxxx.props?
3rd May 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #10789  
Union NJ
Thanks Meter: 690

2,321 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchick1o9

did you configure superchargers Driver Options to use the build.prop or local.prop. And does your ROM support either of these xxxx.props?

If you dont mind me asking..whats the diff between the 2? I never really understood that part.
3rd May 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #10790  
Flag Your Mom's closet

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvncnt1

If you dont mind me asking..whats the diff between the 2? I never really understood that part.

according to the driver options output dialog / information, local.prop is a more preferred and less risky way of running the scripts. But as to "why" it is preferred....well im afraid I'm not linux savvy enough to answer that. maybe one of the more knowledgeable members can help with that.

and maybe setting the driver option to "use init.rc" for better system integration could help you as well.....if your ROM supports it. I believe that option is the 2nd to last setting in option 29 of V6_SC's config panel.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatchick1o9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android.process.acore, awoooooooooooooooogaaa, booga booga booga, boomstick, hard to kill, hellz yeah, hi mom, ky for android, lag, launcher, mbq was here, omfg, out for justice, ram, redraw, supercharger, turbocharger, under seige, v6 supercharger, wooooow, zeppelinrox is a god, zepplinrox, zepplinrox thanks meter exploded, zoom zoom
Previous Thread Next Thread