View Poll Results: Should I trade my Amaze 4G for a Galaxy Nexus?
Yes, it's a justified trade! 9 29.03%
No, keep the Amaze! 22 70.97%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

HTC Amaze 4G vs Samsung Galaxy Nexus

OP adslee

30th April 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #41  
stratax's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rolla, MO
Thanks Meter: 112
 
1,518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyman94

I herd that the burn problem on the screen has been fixed. Soooo I'm really tempted to sell my amaze and get a nexus .

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

thats not a problem of samsungs, its the oled screen itself.. i dont think there is a "fix"
30th April 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #42  
rubyman94's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratax

thats not a problem of samsungs, its the oled screen itself.. i dont think there is a "fix"

Ohh so all of the phones that have oled screens have that? Does the sg2 have that?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA
30th April 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #43  
stratax's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rolla, MO
Thanks Meter: 112
 
1,518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyman94

Ohh so all of the phones that have oled screens have that? Does the sg2 have that?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

im pretty sure, correct me if im wrong
3rd May 2012, 07:25 AM   |  #44  
PeartFan40's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Hadley, Ma. USA
Thanks Meter: 1,405
 
4,050 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
If you're anything like me, you won't keep your phone long enough to worry about burn in. I've yet to have an OLED suffer from it. My 2 year old Google Nexus didn't have burn in when I sold it.


XDA Rules: http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81

10 Post Rule: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...-10-post-rule/

XDA Marketplace Rules: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...rules-updated/




Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.
3rd May 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #45  
blitz911's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 25
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
If you got used to the Amaze and tried out a GN, only thing you'd really notice is the better battery life and larger screen. Other than that, the Amaze is better. Oh and transferring pics on the GN not so much a plug n play affair. Kinda annoying, but you get used to it. I use Airdroid to get stuff off and on the phone. I'm running an Amaze now and am pretty satisfied with it.
3rd May 2012, 01:06 PM   |  #46  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
The only thing I have to add is that I love the feel of the Amaze in my hand. Am I the only one that doesn't think ultra thin and light is desirable?
3rd May 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #47  
stratax's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rolla, MO
Thanks Meter: 112
 
1,518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeartFan40

If you're anything like me, you won't keep your phone long enough to worry about burn in. I've yet to have an OLED suffer from it. My 2 year old Google Nexus didn't have burn in when I sold it.


XDA Rules: http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81

10 Post Rule: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...-10-post-rule/

XDA Marketplace Rules: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...rules-updated/




Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

Yeah thats what i was thinking. next phone i get will probably have a oled screen. the only phone that i am looking at that doesnt is the acer cloudmobile which im not even sure what screen it has
3rd May 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #48  
PeartFan40's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Hadley, Ma. USA
Thanks Meter: 1,405
 
4,050 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratax

Yeah thats what i was thinking. next phone i get will probably have a oled screen. the only phone that i am looking at that doesnt is the acer cloudmobile which im not even sure what screen it has

It looks like CloudMobile has an 4.3" HD IPS Display with a zero."air gap" design. Now that you mentioned this phone, I'm now interested. LOL.


XDA Rules: http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81

10 Post Rule: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...-10-post-rule/

XDA Marketplace Rules: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...rules-updated/




Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeartFan40 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #49  
Senior Member
Flag Norwalk
Thanks Meter: 10
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
I'm not surprised that all these posts support the amaze (it IS the amaze forum) however I am surprised by some of the arguments. Android development is obviously way better on the nexus it being supported directly from Google. And I agree that stock the brightness is a little low but 80% of the people that got the nexus got it to flash custom roms / kernels. And let me tell you. I get 3.5 hours screen on time with 75% brightness with Franco.kernel not to mention super smoothness. Also Google Wallet ! Might not be for everyone but let me tell you its a head turner. I will give the amaze camera better quality shots however the zero shutter lag on the nexus is amazing! Also rgb led light is great too! Amaze does have an sdcard which is good however most cloud storage is becoming more convenient especially with sites like drop box. Also I own both phones and my nexus doesn't have burn in. its 720p display is much better than my amaze's display.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to DontJoinTheDarkSide For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 02:11 AM   |  #50  
stratax's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rolla, MO
Thanks Meter: 112
 
1,518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeartFan40

It looks like CloudMobile has an 4.3" HD IPS Display with a zero."air gap" design. Now that you mentioned this phone, I'm now interested. LOL.


XDA Rules: http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81

10 Post Rule: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...-10-post-rule/

XDA Marketplace Rules: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...rules-updated/




Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

exactly!!! im not really big on Acer but this phone is going to make them shine the screen looks amazing

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes