5,595,918 Members 30,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Official "Get Something Off Your Chest" Thread...

Tip us?

fernando sor
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4779
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad0989 View Post
Just FYI, Google now allows up to 4gb of additional downloadable content and the 15 minute timer doesn't start until its finished downloading.

The 50% refund rate isn't just me. Its across the board, I've done my homework on this. This is why I wasn't initially overly upset by it. Those users weren't going to purchase an app no matter what. It's well known that a good majority of individuals like to root solely for this purpose. What got me fired up is the dedicated piracy and malicious intent to rip off the app and distribute it free. It's one thing if someone does it privately (even though its still clearly wrong), but when individuals start publicly pushing others who may not have otherwise pirated it to do so also, that's stepping way over the line.
It's difficult to stop piracy but for those that take someone's app and change the package name and try to distribute it I believe you can write some form of drm into it to make apktool malfunction

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
Bad seed Customs Founder

MR4Y
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Just FYI, Google now allows up to 4gb of additional downloadable content and the 15 minute timer doesn't start until its finished downloading.

The 50% refund rate isn't just me. Its across the board, I've done my homework on this. This is why I wasn't initially overly upset by it. Those users weren't going to purchase an app no matter what. It's well known that a good majority of individuals like to root solely for this purpose. What got me fired up is the dedicated piracy and malicious intent to rip off the app and distribute it free. It's one thing if someone does it privately (even though its still clearly wrong), but when individuals start publicly pushing others who may not have otherwise pirated it to do so also, that's stepping way over the line.
I would suggest a few ways of keeping people from pirating, but can only explain them logic-wise.

Sent from my GT-S5360B using XDA

GetRipped
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumrims View Post
Dude I feel your pain on the finals. I'm so mind ***ked this week I forgot I had one Monday but get to take it Friday thank God lol.
Dang dude you're lucky you've got a nice professor. Finals week is so retarded... Its not even about how knowledgeable you just how well you can cram information

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

graymonkey44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358

DONATE TO ME
I'm kind of mad at myself for having the whole semester to write a 10 page paper that I haven't even found a topic for.... it's due Tuesday...

Khayos
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by graymonkey44 View Post
I'm kind of mad at myself for having the whole semester to write a 10 page paper that I haven't even found a topic for.... it's due Tuesday...
This place hasn't given you any topics? Lol

HTC elevate

graymonkey44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayos View Post
This place hasn't given you any topics? Lol
Well the topic has to relate to anthropological demography. It has to relate to fertility or morality rates of populations, past or present. Too bad I couldn't write about the android root user demographic and rate of OS upgrade leak downloads compared to stock users.

CharliesTheMan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2473

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well the topic has to relate to anthropological demography. It has to relate to fertility or morality rates of populations, past or present. Too bad I couldn't write about the android root user demographic and rate of OS upgrade leak downloads compared to stock users.

Actually I banged my girlfriend because I told her I was with Team BAMF and was rooting Android phones, it turned her on. Let me know if you would like an interview

After that I decided I liked her so we are still together.
Help CharliesTheMan out by signing up for Copy with this link https://copy.com?r=lK6L1Y

demmo86rt
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Don't know how many times I did that back in college. Like the time I hit print for the paper right as my roommate's alarm was going off.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

jayochs
Old
Thanks Meter 2644
Quote:
10 pages? psh, that's nothin! :P
LG G2
HTC Droid DNA
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Devices:

Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (Sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound
HTC Evo View 4G

nrfitchett4
Old
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:

ok, but that still doesn't help the avg user figure out if your app is even functional on their phone.
What kernels work for the rezound? I'm guessing only sebastians OC kernel.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe