Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZAGG invisibleShield For Desire S

Tip us?

motopico
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I found this cheaper alternative to the skin, by skinomi, I think I'm going to buy it because offers an edge protection as you can see on the images. I hope the quality isn't poor. http://www.skinomi.com/htc-desire-s-skin-protector.html

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by motopico View Post
I found this cheaper alternative to the skin, by skinomi, I think I'm going to buy it because offers an edge protection as you can see on the images. I hope the quality isn't poor. http://www.skinomi.com/htc-desire-s-skin-protector.html
Never heard of the company before. It will protect the edges, but it will not offer the invinsible scrath-free film like the invisibleSHIELD. I also suspect the film is made of a cheap kind, and it will be likely to peel away - especially since the DS is curved, and the film is most likely to peel away from these areas.

If you do end up buying it, please post a review
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

FrEaK_101
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Hey everyone. I got my invisible shield yesterday. Full body coverage. Carphone Warehouse £17.99. Installed it yesterday. Pleased with results.
As you can see in the pictures, there are still water bubbles on the front screen protector, but they are still drying up.

Now I am rest assured my desire s will remain scratch-free!

Sorry for the poor quality, shot on a 3mp tg01 camera.

Any questions, request more pictures, and I will be glad to answer!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

thanks for this im going to get a full body case protector to stop my DS getting mashed up with my keys lol and it looks nice lol

pzabet
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks for helping me choose a screen protector for my "Gorilla Glass" screen did not help me very much (17 micro scratches and one mini scratch)
Phones: HTC Desire S, HTC Wildfire (retired)
Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
HTC Desire S: S-OFF With Revolutionary Tool, Rooted (of course), ViperSAGA ROM
Galaxy Tab 10.1: Rooted, pershoot's CM10

ttocs99
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrEaK_101 View Post
thanks for this im going to get a full body case protector to stop my DS getting mashed up with my keys lol and it looks nice lol
Easy solution dont put ya desire in the same pocket az ya keys lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

korenisko
Old
Thanks Meter 33

After 8 months...
X10 mini -> Desire S CM 7.1 nightly r2 -> CyanogenMod 9a with Revolutionary hboot (good work, guys) -> XPERIA P stock JB .100 slightly modded -> XPERIA L C2105 stock 4.2.2 -> XPERIA SP C5303 -> XPERIA Z1c - stock

nyjuan69
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Looks very nice. Where did you buy it¿

korenisko
Old
Thanks Meter 33
:D zagg.com
Have replacement now. Going to replace it
X10 mini -> Desire S CM 7.1 nightly r2 -> CyanogenMod 9a with Revolutionary hboot (good work, guys) -> XPERIA P stock JB .100 slightly modded -> XPERIA L C2105 stock 4.2.2 -> XPERIA SP C5303 -> XPERIA Z1c - stock

yas87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
update: after some months i got an invisible shield replacment, with custom shape, that leave sensors free, but the problem persist, after a call the sensor feel something near it and don't unlock the screen, neither with unlock button... now with miui i disabled the sensor, but is real demoralizing a phone that have problems only with calls...
Maybe with other films that are normal all will work properly, dunno. I don't want to take off an Invisible shield without a problem on it, is a really good protection even if it don't make my phone perfect.
There is the possibility to give more power to the sensor?

korenisko
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Using zagg foil and havent any problems with sensor. Probably you have hw problem...