SGSIII General and launch discussion thread.

Search This thread

jorrddan

Apr 5, 2011
Sofia
I have no permitions to post youtube links with video but this is a joke.
See attachment.

Attachments

• 4067479_460s.jpg
    4067479_460s.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 387

bilboa1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 16, 2010
I dunno why people had higher expectations. It was obvious samsung wasn't going to make a new "SGS2".

For the SGS2 they needed it to capture the market. Now that everyone associates Samsung with "best android smartphones" they're going the cheaper way. It doesn't mean "cheap", simply, "cheaper".

It means pentile. It means lesser design. It means no brand new CPU. Etc. Not a bad phone but, not necessarily better than a SGS2.

Heck for the SGS2, they were still testing at which freqs the exynos was stable while they already had the phone being produced :p

I'm still curious on the battery performance of this bad boy.

awesome-member

Dec 30, 2010
kent uk
All this senseless complaining about the screen technology. Do you all have cybernetic hawk eyes that notice and sense this stuff out? The screen is obviously going go look nice regardless, and the differences to 'normal' people will be negligible.

YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE, the way samsung implements rendering in pentile is vile, if you want to know more about it then look up voodoo screen,

Reactions: ky0nkyon

rydeordie99

Aug 16, 2011
It says that gpu performance is 65% greater. But don't you have to take the fact that its driving 40% more pixels?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Reactions: jorrddan

utjock12

May 20, 2010
Austin, TX
Done automatically by the GPS hardware - delivers you a single unified position fix which is more accurate than GPS alone.

Galaxy Note already does this.

As to plastic - that is one thing I am not going to fault Samsung for. Properly engineered plastics (see Samsung's battery doors compared to third-party battery doors for a good example of "good" vs. "bad" plastic) are superior to metal - Equal strength at worst, with significantly less weight. There's a reason every modern aircraft on the planet has effectively replaced the bulk of its metal with... PLASTIC. In addition, metal cases cause serious issues with RF performance in a device that is designed around its radio interfaces - see the Transformer Prime GPS fiasco.

Entirely true, plastic is probably a better material in every property but the "intangibles". As an ME, I've learned very quickly people associate plastic as "cheap". All of the qualities of plastic: cheap to manufacture, lightweight, etc actually make customers feel like something isn't a "premium" material. As humans we inherently value metal so we have this natural attraction to heavy, expensive gadgets.

Apple got this, HTC has caught on for the most part. Samsung, and I entirely attribute this to the utilitarian culture of Samsung, has yet to understand this concept.

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
All this senseless complaining about the screen technology. Do you all have cybernetic hawk eyes that notice and sense this stuff out? The screen is obviously going go look nice regardless, and the differences to 'normal' people will be negligible.

Pentile screen is a fail. Compare the screen on the Galaxy Nexus to the screen on the One X. There's no comparison which one looks better. I guess Samsung's new Amoled tech isn't ready yet.

Slow N Stupid

Dec 10, 2011
guys, please enlighten me.
This pentile amoled, will it still have the great blacks of the s2 screen?
Will it look better in anyway then the S2 or worse?

hmmm dont know if this gona help or not... since i dont know much about pentile screens either... but my girlfriend have S1 and to me it seems like her screen is brighter, about the quality i cant comment since i havent looked at it that closely

Caladbolg

Feb 28, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Literally killing myself over the SIII vs the EVO 4G LTE.

Do I deal with the beats trash on the Evo for a slightly better screen and build?

Or do I wait til June, get an extra inch, (possible) Quad core, and more than likely more dev support (yay CM9).

Anyone wanna help me out here?

Remix2011

Apr 24, 2011
I mean this phone is better then the HTC one X in almost every aspect.

-Micro SD

-Exchangable battery

-Better looking from the front,HTC ONE from the back.

-Better processor

-Better GPU

-Probably a better camera too.

-Bigger display.

-Eye treacking

-Pop up play

-S voice.

It kills the HTC ONE X.

R

rd_nest

Some benchmark results:

Slashgear says 5642 on quadrant.

Verge just reported GLbenchmark 99fps on 720p offscreen Egypt test.

Comparison: iPhone4S is about 73 and Tegra3 about 63.

From GSMarena:

20j0cbd.png

Last edited:

tbong777

Not as bad as people are saying. better than the HTC X. But I think I will keep the Note and see what ICS brings to the table. The note is laggy compared to my SGS II. ICS should correct that.

I like the screen size a lot on the Note. Like the S Pen technology as well. It would probably work on the SGS III as the screen is larger . If it had the Wolfson DAC it would be a no brainer. Benchmarks mean nothing. All these devices do very well. After awhile its just a higher number with little actual realized real world benefit.

All in all I am glad to be slightly underwhelmed as I can wait to see what the developers do and watch for the Note II while saving our upgrades to buy and sell the Iphone 5 without chomping at the "new phone" bit.

Either way it will be the International versions that are the best as ususal

Last edited:

Daeva

Jul 17, 2011
Wow, these benchmarks are good. :D

Much more impressive then that whole presentation was. xD

Bowsa2511

Jul 30, 2010
Hopefully we get the A15 in the states, if not the S4 is pretty good. They will most definitely either implement capacitative, or on-screen buttons for the variants.

digweed4me

Oct 22, 2010
dallas, tx
Why did they call this phone a galaxy 3? They should have called galaxy pebble or something.its a disgrace to galaxy 2 name with that kind cheap metro pcs prepaid design. I am more than dissapointed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod edit: This thread is the largest thread about pre-launch discussion, so to keep the forum organised and help you find content, we will close other duplicate threads and direct discussion here

xD@^

danfamdsc01388-1335956307.jpg

well the SGSIII has officially been announced, so now lets just use this former LIVE UNPACKED event thread, as a general talk about whatever sgs3 thread.. this is where you can ask your one liner questions that arent worth making a whole thread for, or just be chatty about whatever sgs3 thoughts you have

also be sure to check out the
    [ Galaxy S III™ FAQ Guide ]
    itll save you some searching (click that ^^^)
    Posted this in another thread but I thought I'll leave it here as well.
    Great indepth review of the SGS3, it shows alot of features I have not seen before.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAs3ZiPQl-U
    I have no permitions to post youtube links with video but this is a joke.
    See attachment.
    i am extremely disappointed that its only "designed for humans"...my cat wanted an s3 sooo bad idk how to break the news to her.
    am i the only one that actually likes the design of it? :D

Probably