Daaaaaaang, zio threads are hella dead!

3rd May 2012, 12:59 AM   |  #21  
Flag south bend
Thanks Meter: 316

497 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCmaster

hmm.. .well maybe I'll format my sd and do a factory reset on the phone first, then try to flash the rom?

Lemme know what happens

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2
3rd May 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #22  
Flag West Valley City
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
well after formatting the sd and factory resetting the phone, with your ROM it's still giving the same issues. hmm.. maybe my phone was meant to keep the stock ROM. haha.
3rd May 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #23  
Flag south bend
Thanks Meter: 316

497 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCmaster

well after formatting the sd and factory resetting the phone, with your ROM it's still giving the same issues. hmm.. maybe my phone was meant to keep the stock ROM. haha.

Ha-ha..yea, it sounds like it.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2
23rd June 2012, 10:24 AM   |  #24  
Flag West Valley City
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
Well just an update. I took the launcher.apk from the original boot.img and pushed it to the ROM, and still doing the same thing. But now if I do anything to change the screen (ie going into settings/pulling down the notification bar) it will clear up the frozen frames, but the second I move screens at all it freezes the frames. Still tinkering with it to see if I can get it to work though.

Sent from myAnus using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to XCmaster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Had the same issue with my when trying to install openzio. I had to re-install factory image, reset to factory defaults.

after that boot to cwm, wipe system, data, cache.

Format davlik cache and then reboot.

Go back to cwm, restore factory defaults. and then finally flash the rom.

fix permissions after flashing.

Hope it helps if you still have issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to R33f For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #26  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 335

926 posts
More
I had the same issue I believe. VTL gives a process.acore error. This was long ago with OpenZio when it was first built.

Solution. Unpack the openzio.zip and find all the images, userdata, system, cache, data and the other one I forget atm(not recovery). Use Fastboot with the phone in fastboot and flash each img individually. Prior to flashing the images use fastboot to wipe each partition. The command is "fastboot erase whatever" or to flash the imgs its "fastboot flash whatever whatever.img" Flashing each img seperately is what worked for me. Although it didnt always work. It seems to be an issue with some handsets and not others. Flashing the openzio.zip through cwm like everyone else did NEVER worked for me, EVER.

Ironically I already bricked my Zio. I was messing around with the frameworkres.apk from one of Jerrys roms and I wasnt fast enough switching them out in root explorer. I dont have a computer to work on most of the time. So bricked it sits. Once I get to the computer I use it wont be. Just thought it was funny. I bricked the old one a million times. The Zio will never die on you even if you have to reflash it once in a while. Or more.

Obviously dont flash or erase recovery once you already have the recovery installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to sinisin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 191

837 posts
launcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry7389

I can make a launcher apk. flashable zip for ya,just let Me know.

Sent from my LG-P509 using xda premium

Not sure if it's too late. That would be awesome! I was also dealing with the issue of not having usb bugging enabled and not being able to see the screen to get into the settings menu to turn it on. Yeah... that zio is messed up. Any suggestions and/or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread