OP Lokifish Marz

22nd April 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #11  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 193

691 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

To those that have donated to me in the past I'm very sorry about this and will return your donations if you would like.

I appreciate the offer but would consider it boorish to take you up on it.

Frankly, I think it's unnecessary for you to even consider making the offer, but not surprising given the nature of your efforts to help and support this community.

Let's just say that this is taking the concept of giving back to others a little too far.
23rd April 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 21

206 posts
More
I start my new job this Monday and once my money flows, I'll start donating to those who deserve it, i feel bad but yea glad to see your still around.
24th April 2012, 12:36 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,049

4,611 posts
Donate to Me
More
i have most of the same files (old ones at least) hosted on holyliving****.com in my sig, i do however have a new host (seperate from hlf) which ill be uploaidng all my copies onto as well. if you could be so kind as to update the guide with the links ill be sending you that would be awesome

trying to make sure that we dont have any lost files due to domains etc
3rd May 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #14  
Flag Where I Am
Thanks Meter: 8,991

5,823 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

I am now personally hosting the site but may have lost the original domain name. All Imperium services and ROMUpdater servers are now gone and the new site is very limited. I now no longer personally host any files and have found a third party service that pays me per download. The following projects are now dead:

• WebTop enable devices TabletDock
  • WebTop enable devices CarPC
  • Remote Access ROM Development Service
  • Anything Galaxy Tab
  • Anything GS2
  • Anything G2X
  • Anything not Photon related

The Martian Imperium site is now closed and in the process of being purged. In all likelihood there will be no new website and unless somebody here has a copy, all the files will disappear as well. iPage was the cheapest host I could find for the bandwidth users were pulling (500GB-1TB a month and over 1000 DL's a day). In addition to my own work, I was hosting all the SBF's, some high demand older ROMs and kernels, root-unlock-relock and other Photon related files.

I looked at alternate places to host but Mediafire would cost almost ten times as much and dropbox almost three times as much just to host files. I even covered the site in ads to help cover expenses with no real success. The core factor was that my wife and I went over the receipts yesterday and I have spent something like $1000USD this year in equipment and hosting. If I had received a $0.01 donation (after paypal takes it's cut) for every unique download I actually would have made money and been able to continue development. There were many things I had planned to release this year but as it stands I am leaving development and guide writing.

To those that have donated to me in the past I'm very sorry about this and will return your donations if you would like.

Damn unfortunate for the Photon community if we lose you. Definitely one of the very helpful devs out there. I do understand what you mean...lots of people like to use the work...not many understand what it costs you in time and energy, not to mention cash money. Best of luck to ya!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread