FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Tmo Gtab 7.0+ WANT to keep but MUST return due to inadvertent calls to dead number

3rd May 2012, 10:37 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Hi,

I'm [I][U]not interested[U][I] in using my tab to make calls; only to send texts via the native in-built messaging app. I don't want to use other Android apps, just the stock messaging. I am able to do this to great success on Sprint. Sprint is able to go into the backend system and apply conditional call forwarding. Not the case with Tmo.

My main purpose is to NOT miss calls from people who may decide to call via reply to text as that's what appears as my callback number when it's not.

Thanks so much to everyone for your input.
Last edited by MrJinx; 3rd May 2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling, using my tiny phone keyboard, lol.
 
 
3rd May 2012, 11:47 PM |#12  
Fairy Princess's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJinx

Hi,

I'm [I][U]not interested[U][I] in using my tab to make calls; only to send texts via the native in-built messaging app. I don't want to use other Android apps, just the stock messaging. I am able to do this to great success on Sprint. Sprint is able to go into the backend system and apply conditional call forwarding. Not the case with Tmo.

My main purpose is to NOT miss calls from people who may decide to call via reply to text as that's what appears as my callback number when it's not.

Thanks so much to everyone for your input.

.

Sorry to say, but TMO won't support this. They have silly notion that you should buy a separate phone from them if you want to make calls.
4th May 2012, 12:07 AM |#13  
chrisrotolo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 454
 
Donate to Me
More
still not sure what device you have. this may be worth a shot, although I understand tmobile says its not possible, etc.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...all_Forwarding

what is wrong with other messaging apps?, there are usually many on the market which have many more options than stock. just asking.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisrotolo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 12:56 AM |#14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Princess

.

Sorry to say, but TMO won't support this. They have silly notion that you should buy a separate phone from them if you want to make calls.

Hi,

Don't want/need to make calls. I only need for texting, however, if one of my candidate prospects (I am unknown to them at this point) attempts to call me via the link on their phone because of my text from the tablet, it'll ring to a dead number, the tablet number.

I ONLY want the calls to be conditionally call forwarded to my other Tmo cell phone which already has unlimited phone minutes.
4th May 2012, 01:02 AM |#15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo

still not sure what device you have. this may be worth a shot, although I understand tmobile says its not possible, etc.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...all_Forwarding

what is wrong with other messaging apps?, there are usually many on the market which have many more options than stock. just asking.

Hi Chris,

The reason I don't want to use other apps is if/when we move to ICS some of those apps may not be compatible for some time until they upgrade. I was burned using a VOIP app (Line 2) which worked very well and suited my needs on my older Gingerbread Tab (HTC EVO View) and when I upgraded to HoneyComb I learned that Line2 won't and never will support HC and I now know that the EVO View tab will not be upgraded to ICS.

I don't want to go there anymore, it severely impacts my ability to get my work done. I'd much rather use the native messaging app. Also because it doesn't use any data to use the native app, if I use an app from the Play Market, I'm likely going to have to use up my data plan and then I am prone to crashing, etc. Unless I am missing something are there any other alternatives?

V/r.
4th May 2012, 01:04 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Two options:

(1) Sign up for GoogleVoice and port your number to that. This is very easy and will give you full control over where that phone call routes.

(2) Go get a straighttalk SIM ($15) and service ($45, for unlimited) and tell TMO they've lost your business.

Or, do both.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DebauchedSloth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes