Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more
Post Reply

help with ics rom install

OP vk4559

2nd May 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
hi everyone well last week ive tried many times over to install ics rom over my gingerbread and everytime this is what i get after i have completed followed the steps of how to upgrade to ics rom....when its trying to install the sd card can not be mounted...and repeats it many times over...so then i put phone into recovery so i can reboot...and it rebooted into the ics rom which i dont know how, but now my sd card is damaged and cant mount so i lose all my info no biggy....after reformatting the sd card, its ok...so i figure i would start it again...same thing.....i even did the steps but left the sd card out where you are suppose to and put back in when needed...still the same thing cant read sd card on install and after reboot sd card damaged need formatted...so i dont know what else to think except that i just cant simply get it flashed to the ics roms of any kind properly...if anyone can help thanks
2nd May 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #2  
droidstyle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,399
 
6,145 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk4559

hi everyone well last week ive tried many times over to install ics rom over my gingerbread and everytime this is what i get after i have completed followed the steps of how to upgrade to ics rom....when its trying to install the sd card can not be mounted...and repeats it many times over...so then i put phone into recovery so i can reboot...and it rebooted into the ics rom which i dont know how, but now my sd card is damaged and cant mount so i lose all my info no biggy....after reformatting the sd card, its ok...so i figure i would start it again...same thing.....i even did the steps but left the sd card out where you are suppose to and put back in when needed...still the same thing cant read sd card on install and after reboot sd card damaged need formatted...so i dont know what else to think except that i just cant simply get it flashed to the ics roms of any kind properly...if anyone can help thanks

buy a class6 or higher sd card and your issue will be solved.
2nd May 2012, 06:40 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
As I said in my other post:

Sounds like you need a new SD card. Some of the stock cards don't play well with MTD based ROMs. I think it's a speed issue, and MTD based roms assume cards are at least a certain speed. I would probably get a Class 10 microSD card (be careful if you get 32gb, there are known problems with some of them)

I bought http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-m...980268&sr=8-12 and have had no problems at all after!
2nd May 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
thanks everyone for replying...i might have to just upgrade to a different card and see if that will solve the problem.
3rd May 2012, 04:56 AM   |  #5  
droidstyle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,399
 
6,145 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk4559

thanks everyone for replying...i might have to just upgrade to a different card and see if that will solve the problem.

every since switching to a class 10 card, i have had no mounting issues or sd card damage errors since. my device also seems to be more tolerant of dirty flashing, before i had to always wipe data...also the phone seems faster loading apps, pictures etc.
Last edited by droidstyle; 3rd May 2012 at 05:03 AM.
3rd May 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #6  
larrypetty's Avatar
Member
Flag Tupelo / Belden Ms
Thanks Meter: 9
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

every since switching to a class 10 card, i have had no mounting issues or sd card damage errors since. my device also seems to be more tolerant of dirty flashing, before i had to always wipe data...also the phone seems faster loading apps, pictures etc.

+1
4th May 2012, 01:30 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 417
 
1,222 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

every since switching to a class 10 card, i have had no mounting issues or sd card damage errors since. my device also seems to be more tolerant of dirty flashing, before i had to always wipe data...also the phone seems faster loading apps, pictures etc.

+2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes