Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 39,997 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help with ics rom install

Tip us?

vk4559
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default help with ics rom install

hi everyone well last week ive tried many times over to install ics rom over my gingerbread and everytime this is what i get after i have completed followed the steps of how to upgrade to ics rom....when its trying to install the sd card can not be mounted...and repeats it many times over...so then i put phone into recovery so i can reboot...and it rebooted into the ics rom which i dont know how, but now my sd card is damaged and cant mount so i lose all my info no biggy....after reformatting the sd card, its ok...so i figure i would start it again...same thing.....i even did the steps but left the sd card out where you are suppose to and put back in when needed...still the same thing cant read sd card on install and after reboot sd card damaged need formatted...so i dont know what else to think except that i just cant simply get it flashed to the ics roms of any kind properly...if anyone can help thanks

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk4559 View Post
hi everyone well last week ive tried many times over to install ics rom over my gingerbread and everytime this is what i get after i have completed followed the steps of how to upgrade to ics rom....when its trying to install the sd card can not be mounted...and repeats it many times over...so then i put phone into recovery so i can reboot...and it rebooted into the ics rom which i dont know how, but now my sd card is damaged and cant mount so i lose all my info no biggy....after reformatting the sd card, its ok...so i figure i would start it again...same thing.....i even did the steps but left the sd card out where you are suppose to and put back in when needed...still the same thing cant read sd card on install and after reboot sd card damaged need formatted...so i dont know what else to think except that i just cant simply get it flashed to the ics roms of any kind properly...if anyone can help thanks
buy a class6 or higher sd card and your issue will be solved.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

icyhandofcrap
Old
Thanks Meter 3
As I said in my other post:

Sounds like you need a new SD card. Some of the stock cards don't play well with MTD based ROMs. I think it's a speed issue, and MTD based roms assume cards are at least a certain speed. I would probably get a Class 10 microSD card (be careful if you get 32gb, there are known problems with some of them)

I bought http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-m...980268&sr=8-12 and have had no problems at all after!

vk4559
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
thanks everyone for replying...i might have to just upgrade to a different card and see if that will solve the problem.

droidstyle
Old
(Last edited by droidstyle; 3rd May 2012 at 05:03 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk4559 View Post
thanks everyone for replying...i might have to just upgrade to a different card and see if that will solve the problem.
every since switching to a class 10 card, i have had no mounting issues or sd card damage errors since. my device also seems to be more tolerant of dirty flashing, before i had to always wipe data...also the phone seems faster loading apps, pictures etc.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

larrypetty
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
every since switching to a class 10 card, i have had no mounting issues or sd card damage errors since. my device also seems to be more tolerant of dirty flashing, before i had to always wipe data...also the phone seems faster loading apps, pictures etc.
+1

bobloblaw1
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
+2