Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Touch Screen going out?

Tip us?

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6589
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco View Post
Well your not going to believe this but my eng bootloader was causing the issues with my screen

I'm going to try a couple of things and see if I can achieve s-off before I attempt to downgrade for root again.

Still having a hard time wrapping my head around that . Makes me wonder about a few things.

sparksco
Old
(Last edited by sparksco; 5th May 2012 at 12:13 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7831

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Still having a hard time wrapping my head around that . Makes me wonder about a few things.
Bootloaders are a real pain. They can cause all types of issues that you normally wouldn't encounter.
HTC G1: Bricked
HTC G1 #2: Broke
HTC Evo Shift 4G: Active
ASUS Nexus 7: Active
LGE Nexus 4: Active

2-step unroot back to stock 2.3.4 from s-off-Evo Shift 4G
My Work-Evo Shift 4G

Lead Developer of SaberMod
Team member of AOSPAL[PSD]

If I've helped you in any way shape or form please hit the thanks button

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6589
So I'm noticing .

davante
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how to fix

Try rebooting if that dosent work take out the battery put the battery in the freezer and then put the phone in a bag of rice if battery and freezer don't work

YoungCorruptionV2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 551
Battery in freezer is a new one for me lol what does that do exactly to the battery?

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
Young Corruption's Music is BACK!!!
NEW
Take me away Song ends at 3:05. It will never cut where i want it to O.o makes the songs freaky because of that

Break Free

Oldish
True Story <-- did it more like an Alter-Ego type of song

Better Than Beyond(Cypher)<--- just submitted

Going Ham Featuring Gibbsy

I don't always ask for a THANKS, but when I do, I ask you to only hit it when I've helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to YoungCorruptionV2.0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sparksco
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7831

DONATE TO ME
Ya NO... I'm pretty sure that your not supposed to expose your devices to extreme hot/cold temps I would NEVER do that. The only time I've ever done that was with my G1 is the battery temps were dangerously high... But that has never happened with my evo shift, my battery temps never reach over 100 degrees even when I OC to 2GHZ. We're discussing touchscreen issues and what the possible causes might be like the bootloader ect, this thread is not for discussion of battery temps!

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
HTC G1: Bricked
HTC G1 #2: Broke
HTC Evo Shift 4G: Active
ASUS Nexus 7: Active
LGE Nexus 4: Active

2-step unroot back to stock 2.3.4 from s-off-Evo Shift 4G
My Work-Evo Shift 4G

Lead Developer of SaberMod
Team member of AOSPAL[PSD]

If I've helped you in any way shape or form please hit the thanks button

hamagc
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Lol did I miss a phone in water somewhere? Other than that, what use is the bag of rice trick?
Model: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: changing all the time right now

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6589
Bootloader + Touchscreen . What's the bag of rice for? Oh I get it's for when I'm at Sprint waiting for them to repair my phone. I'll have more than enough time to make myself something to eat.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cloverdale
Old
Thanks Meter 147
You need to drop the phone in a glass of coca-cola, as the carbonation creates bubbles that will go behind the screen, and ensure a proper connection (be sure to avoid off brand soda, as it lacks proper carbonation). Following this, be sure to try turning on the phone while still wet. This allows for a strong current to permeate the screen, and ensure step one worked. After this you may notice that the phone is sticky. This is solved by putting the phone in a jar of ants. Finally, kill the ants by putting the phone in the freezer.

The soda hack is a sure fix for any issue, and from what I have heard, it makes android nearly as functional as iOS.
Empirical evidence can never establish mathematical existence - nor can the mathematician's demand for existence be dismissed by the physicist as useless rigor. Only a mathematical existence proof can ensure that the mathematical description of a physical phenomenon is meaningful.
-- Richard Courant
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloverdale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jesuscash
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverdale View Post
You need to drop the phone in a glass of coca-cola, as the carbonation creates bubbles that will go behind the screen, and ensure a proper connection (be sure to avoid off brand soda, as it lacks proper carbonation). Following this, be sure to try turning on the phone while still wet. This allows for a strong current to permeate the screen, and ensure step one worked. After this you may notice that the phone is sticky. This is solved by putting the phone in a jar of ants. Finally, kill the ants by putting the phone in the freezer.

The soda hack is a sure fix for any issue, and from what I have heard, it makes android nearly as functional as iOS.
You know, I actually fell for this