5,606,409 Members 33,302 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][07.05.12] SRKI's AOKP Beta 3 - Milestone 5 [Fast|Batterylife|BT|wifi|init.d]

Tip us?

strykme
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by buguk1010 View Post
KA and Hybrid have working bluetooth,

In JJ AOKP music via bluetooth does not work.

anyways i'll flash anyway eheheheh will report back to you for anything about your rom

cheers!
BT stereo does not work, music comes through the phone's speaker, same as in all CM ICS based roms. Hope someone can fix that.

Sent from my ST18a using XDA

buguk1010
Old
Thanks Meter 18

Robottoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Flashing this now , will report back if any problems

laminblur
Old
Thanks Meter 2
the port doesn't have 2G and data toggle in rom control so im using your patch in here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=146 which is working well for me (after i removed build.prop file in the zip file which cause me bootloop)

..and start up tweak in rom control is working well but in jj aokp it doesn't work

spyder-corrado
Old
Thanks Meter 26
the video call works with the beta?

Srkineo
Old
(Last edited by Srkineo; 4th May 2012 at 11:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm View Post
Really nice port....I have had it running for about 4 hours. Nice and smooth, a lot like JJs AOKP. So far the battery drain has been really good and I have been really using it (not much time in deep sleep). I needed to adjust some of the network settings in the build.prop and I adjusted the cpu (now running between 133 and 1401MHz and under volted). WIFI, USB connection are working great.

The only "thing" I noticed is that the video recording is still broken.....I know, not your fault.....

Thanks a lot!
Would you mind posting your build.prop, im curious. Also which app did you use to record video? Im looking into hansip's camera mod atm but curious what you did

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykme View Post
BT stereo does not work, music comes through the phone's speaker, same as in all CM ICS based roms. Hope someone can fix that.

Will give it a shot to get it running in this AOKP based on the work from KA17 from krabappel2548

btw this AOKP is not based on CyanogeMod, its built completly from AOKP source. It does incorporate some files that XperiaFree team built for CM9 (some libs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminblur View Post
the port doesn't have 2G and data toggle in rom control so im using your patch in here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=146 which is working well for me (after i removed build.prop file in the zip file which cause me bootloop)

..and start up tweak in rom control is working well but in jj aokp it doesn't work
Made a seperate flashable zip under 'Patches' for the 2g\data toggle.. for those intrested.. this ROMControl wasnt made for build 32 of AOKP, so bugs etc.. your own risk seems to work fine though

you can also download it : here and here - MD5 Hash: 58A00F5E578230D8558A058660729470

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder-corrado View Post
the video call works with the beta?
I havent checked this, but front cam works.. so I dont see why It would'nt.. not sure if it will be choppy... like main cam can be while recording

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srkineo View Post
Would you mind posting your build.prop, im curious. Also which app did you use to record video? Im looking into hansip's camera mod atm but curious what you did

Will give it a shot to get it running in this AOKP based on the work from KA17 from krabappel2548
I have attached my current build.prop. It is even more altered than before...and you will probably notice from the build.prop that I have supercharged the ROM. The supercharging makes it really snappy, it is more dramatic on the AOKP ROMs (this one and JJs) than on some of the other ICS ROMs, probably depends a little on the init.d tweaks. I noticed that a lot of other devices running AOKP are popular users of the V6 supercharger....

I also attached the altered services.jar that allows you to Supercharge to 100% (some of the OOM settings are adjusted so the launcher can be made hard to kill). The zip is flashable in CWM Recovery and was created by: http://android.mimic.ca

I have only tried the installed camera to record video. I was going to try Hansips camera MOD but that will have to wait until later. I tried the camera from KA15 or 16 on JJs AOKP ROM and it didn't fix the video recording...I've downloaded KA17.2 because I wanted to try the Aroma installer, but I am finding
it difficult to leave AOKP.....again, maybe later.

So far your ROM is working really great! Someone should tell Sirkay that the reported battery drains aren't because of his kernel.....

I did notice that if you try to exit the ROM by rebooting to recovery that the ROM hangs and won't reboot until you hit the home key...is that the way it is meant to work?
Attached Files
File Type: txt build.prop.txt - [Click for QR Code] (4.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: zip OOM-Priority-Charger-v1.4-aokp-23.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1,018.5 KB, 5 views)

Srkineo
Old
(Last edited by Srkineo; 4th May 2012 at 05:08 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykme View Post

I cooked something up form KA17.2

A2DP Stereo Bluetooth Support, mirror - MD5: 6DCEEFA6C7AB7254BFDC8E0698F1D4D9

CMW backup first, might make the rom stop booting.. havent tested this yet

added some more experimental stuff in first post.

justmpm, reboot menu is known bug:S Ive created the attached ZIP for ppl that also want to try the supercharge script themselves.. only 1 zip needed now, build.prop is included inside the zip now havent tested it yet.. but ty justmpm for the info!
About the video recording.. researching a solution.. wanna port SEMC camera into the rom...
Attached Files
File Type: zip OOM-Priority-Charger-v1.4-aokp-23-SRKI.zip - [Click for QR Code] (998.8 KB, 16 views)

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srkineo View Post

justmpm, reboot menu is known bug:S Ive created the attached ZIP for ppl that also want to try the supercharge script themselves.. only 1 zip needed now, build.prop is included inside the zip now havent tested it yet.. but ty justmpm for the info!
About the video recording.. researching a solution.. wanna port SEMC camera into the rom...

There's no magic in my build.prop....basically just turning back the 3G and GPS tweaks back to default....I think that it has something to do with my carrier or my location...because when I travel, the 3G tweaks don't make my phone over heat....just here at home, where they would be the most useful. Also the baseband doesn't seem to make a difference, because the story is the same with GB and baseband .42 and ICS (beta and official) on .64 and .70......the magic is whatever was done to AOKP to make the battery last sooooo long!!!!!!

Srkineo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm View Post
There's no magic in my build.prop....basically just turning back the 3G and GPS tweaks back to default....I think that it has something to do with my carrier or my location...because when I travel, the 3G tweaks don't make my phone over heat....just here at home, where they would be the most useful. Also the baseband doesn't seem to make a difference, because the story is the same with GB and baseband .42 and ICS (beta and official) on .64 and .70......the magic is whatever was done to AOKP to make the battery last sooooo long!!!!!!
thanks for the info, gonna wiggle around with the settings.. heating phones doesnt seem battery-friendly

screenshot ur battery history sometimes if you like^^ im curious

Tags
aokp, ray