Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mobile Data Question

Tip us?

Darkness30XX
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Exclamation [Q] Mobile Data Question

I recently installed Mr.Apocalypses' Genesis ROM Beta7. Everything works like a boss, however, my mobile data randomly drops. Now, my mobile data works flawlessly on other ICS ROMs for my G2X, even CM9.

I would like to know why this can be an issue on some ROMs and not on others.

Spitfire
Old
Thanks Meter 82
You should probably pose this question in his ROM thread in development section. Better chance he will see it. It's a known issue but I don't know the reason why. I haven't tried any other ICS ROM's so I can't say which ones work/don't. They all use the same CM9 hax to start AFAIK.
Want free cloud storage? Get a DropBox!

Get Unlimited Talk, Text, and Data on T-Mobile's Network starting at $29 with Solavei!

Current Phone:
Nexus 5, Stock/Rooted for now

Backup Phone:
Nexus 4, AOKP 4.2.2 (unofficial), Matr1x Kernel

Go to AOKP. Go directly to AOKP. Do not try stock. Do not pay $200 ETF.

russell956956
Old
(Last edited by russell956956; 3rd May 2012 at 03:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAshxMoneyx View Post
You should probably pose this question in his ROM thread in development section. Better chance he will see it. It's a known issue but I don't know the reason why. I haven't tried any other ICS ROM's so I can't say which ones work/don't. They all use the same CM9 hax to start AFAIK.
I agree, post in his thread and he will more than likely see it or someone else with a similiar issue can try to help, or since its a known issue, you can try and wait for Mr.Apocalypse to try to make a fix hes an awesome dev and he will get around to it.

Good luck!

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Mr. Apocalypse
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,390

DONATE TO ME
The random data drops are issues that all ICS roms have, especially the ones that are 4.0.4 based. I explain this in the Genesis FAQ on post 2.

Follow me on Twitter: MrApocalypseDEV
Github: MrApocalypse
Goo-inside.me mirrors:MrApocalypse

Nexus 5 (aka hammerhead)
ROM: Exodus - KK 4.4.4 - Stable 7

Nexus 7 2013 (aka flo)
ROM: Exodus - KK 4.4.4 - Stable 7

Samsung Vibrant
ROM:Rage-beta3

Samsung GSII (Epic 4G Touch)
ROM:ApocalyptoCM10.2 (Unreleased)

LG G2x (Retired)
ROM:ApocalyptoCM7 (Unreleased)

My Past Creations
ROMs(G2x):Bionix 3 | Bionix Reloaded | Genesis
Themes(Vibrant):BlacKnight|GingerRED v3 | Matrix Boot Animations
Kernels(Vibrant):Immortality | Immortality-CM | 99Problemz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Apocalypse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RedmanOPG
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Apocalypse View Post
The random data drops are issues that all ICS roms have, especially the ones that are 4.0.4 based. I explain this in the Genesis FAQ on post 2.
It's strange, when I first installed ics it was when Hellfire had just come out and nullifier was recommended when coming from gb builds. Just like everyone else I had to install twice, but I didn't get data drops. On the first few genesis betas I did the same thing and no data drops also. Only once I installed beta 5 and wiped with cwm and aroma did I see data drops. But when I installed beta 6, I only wiped with aroma and all is cherry. Better than cherry even, haven't noticed one issue except known and some freezes/touch screen issues in six guns. Could be coincidence or rom and kernel incompatibility issues, idk but just my experience. Great job on genesis Mr apoc, daily driver all day long! Woot

From the bottom of my glass..
The Following User Says Thank You to RedmanOPG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

partylikeaninjastar
Old
Thanks Meter 181
What version of HFS did you come from?

RedmanOPG
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I believe the last hfs I was running was 1.4. Could be wrong I would have to check. Nothing wrong with hells rom though, I just like the aokp hybrid that mr apoc has built a bit more!

From the bottom of my glass..

partylikeaninjastar
Old
Thanks Meter 181
I think HFS 1.4 was running Android 4.0.3 (I started with that ROM, too). Word on the forums is that data connectivity issues started with Android 4.0.4 which all current ROMs are using now and that will explain why you're now having data problems.

What I don't get is if that's the case, then why don't the ROMs just start using the old version again? Was it such an improvement that it's worth the hassle?

Darkness30XX
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
As many of you can probably tell, I'm a newbie, so I'm restricted to the 10 posts before I could post in the Development sub thread. However, Mr. Apocalypse came by anyway and chimed in. Thanks to everyone for their contribution and to Mr. A for being such an awesome dev.