Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Digital copies or movies?

OP PANTERA56

4th May 2012, 12:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
Does anyone know how to put a digital copy or DVD on our SGS4G?
I know there are DVD rippers out there but would anyone by chance know of a reliable one? Blue toothing movies Is not fun lol and the quality sucks wanna put the amoled on this piece to work wonders any suggestions or thoughts are much appreciated
Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
Last edited by PANTERA56; 4th May 2012 at 12:32 AM.
4th May 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #2  
Flag Birmingham, Al
Thanks Meter: 63

545 posts
More
What I have done is use DVD shrink to make the file smaller then I use pspvideo to convert it to mp4 I have four movies on my sdcard

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
4th May 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 4

74 posts
More
I don't do much dvd ripping anymore, but when I did I used Magic DVD Ripper it worked perfectly. However the software isn't cheap, there are other options out there for ripping DVDs. Just google dvd rippers and be amazed at the choices. When using any ripper be sure to check that the file output that it creates is compatible with the device you plan to put it on. Android is simple, just download one of the many video player apps from the Google Play Store. Then it doesn't matter what output the ripper makes the file. I use MX Player currently but have used MoboPlayer.

Now for using Digital Copies there are lots of ways of putting them on the SGS4G. For simplicity I won't go into much detail, but Digital Copies normally are copy protected. Meaning that they won't usually let you put them on any device and have them work. What I do with all digital copies is just convert them to another format using Quick Media Converter. Its free and can convert to almost any known video or audio format. If the protection on the Digital Copy is preventing you from converting it you might need a program to remove the encryption from the Digital Copy.. I don't want to get into all that though.. Google is your best friend
4th May 2012, 06:48 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,684

3,326 posts
Donate to Me
More
One word: handbrake. Google the lifehacker guide to handbrake

Sent from my SGH-T959V
4th May 2012, 07:07 AM   |  #5  
Flag Orlando Fl.
Thanks Meter: 618

1,821 posts
More
For $20.00 I bought 123 movies to cellphones I think is the name of it is....and Burns great copies in your choice of 4-5 formats.
Ill check out the name of it in the morning when I get off work.
I got it at target.

4th May 2012, 07:13 AM   |  #6  
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 4

74 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251

Sent from my SGH-T959V

I can't believe I forgot to mention Handbrake... Free and makes beautiful copies.. PANTERA56, Handbrake is most likely what you are looking for. Definitely give it a try.
4th May 2012, 07:21 AM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,411

2,660 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251

One more word. Freemake. Easy to use and better than handbrake imho. It will convert anything and it's free. I just used it to convert a region 4 dvd to mp4. The whole process took 17 minutes and the rip is flawless. Also will convert audio files(including flac). Here's the link:

http://www.freemake.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to hechoen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 08:41 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,684

3,326 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen

One more word. Freemake. Easy to use and better than handbrake imho. It will convert anything and it's free. I just used it to convert a region 4 dvd to mp4. The whole process took 17 minutes and the rip is flawless. Also will convert audio files(including flac). Here's the link:

http://www.freemake.com/

Haven't tested the program myself, but I looked through the tutorial videos. The interface looks REALLY good and everything is pretty easy to use. If I wanted to just get the job done I would definitely use it.
4th May 2012, 02:18 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
U guys are pimps good looking out if anything else has worked for others pls post cuz our phones are still awesome IMHO!

7th May 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTERA56

our phones are still awesome IMHO!

i agree 100%

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread