Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,765 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T Throttles, NOW Internet provider does too.

Tip us?

biglittlegato
Old
(Last edited by biglittlegato; 3rd May 2012 at 11:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 147
Besides the phones and game consoles, the crazy woman that lives in my house does commentary videos with an online friend. They send large files back and forth while editing and then one of them has to post the videos online.

I looked into Wave new highest level but the cap is still 300gb/mo. May have to set a cap in my router and charge her when she exceeds it.

Sent using the power of the dark side.

jeriku
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darunion View Post
Heres a good read for those that say they only watch a few movies and hit their cap. Because we all know no one will publicly admit to torrent downloads.

apparently on 250g u can get about 40 hd movies and 3 seasons of a tv series per month on netflix
I'm sure. But that's nothing else, no gaming, no Pandora etc... I can tell you I pretty much just use Netflix and hulu , that brings me to my cap. If my son is with me he games then I'm over.

What's the point of tiered speed then? So I can pay more and get to my cap quicker? 250 is not about service for cable companies its about money lost to people like me who refuse to pay for horrible cable programming, reruns and commercials, Period. If they bumped the cap to 350 you'd see no difference in your quality of service.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Darunion
Old
(Last edited by Darunion; 4th May 2012 at 01:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 881
deleted my post, no point in it.

mods if you happen to see this, can we just close this never ending b**ch fest about internet caps that have been out since 14.4k days? lol this is a development site not a broadband review forum.
Let me google that for you -The best way to help someone and also tell them they are lazy at the same time.

Trolls are like stray cats, if you stop feeding them, eventually they move on.

Answer a users question, he's smart for a day. Teach a user how to research his own questions, he's smart for a lifetime!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darunion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
B.Jay Old
Thanks Meter
True, this discussion is a wee bit off-topic to Android development in general.

Thread closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe