5,594,805 Members 37,410 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][7/9] Android Open Kang Project Fascinate Milestone 6 (4.0.4)

Tip us?
 
yeahdude38
Old
#2031  
yeahdude38's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 105
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Yeah so basically i had low space come on. Did datafix enable then the lag started. Figured id reverse it and did datafix disable but still lag. At least the low space stayed off....

Is there a folder or something to move/delete to go back to normal or is a rom reload the only way ?? Figured id ask before i go jack myself up. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
 
bobloblaw1
Old
(Last edited by bobloblaw1; 4th May 2012 at 05:10 AM.)
#2032  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 401
Posts: 1,197
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdude38 View Post
Yeah so basically i had low space come on. Did datafix enable then the lag started. Figured id reverse it and did datafix disable but still lag. At least the low space stayed off....

Is there a folder or something to move/delete to go back to normal or is a rom reload the only way ?? Figured id ask before i go jack myself up. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Honestly I'm not sure. It would really come down to exactly what the script does and how cleanly it accomplishes that. Beyond that, I am officially speaking way above my pay grade.

My opinion is that a full device wipe (can even format everything but boot) never hurt things and can only make it better. Especially if you are having troubles with your partitions a full re-do and reconversion to mtd might be thebest way to go.

odin to eh03
reconvert to mtd using fixed cwm
wipe all the things
flash THS build 2
let it boot
wipe system data
flash m5 & gapps
calibrate battery

EDIT: I'd also run a cache cleaner like Cachecleaner NG nightly and once right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobloblaw1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sendan
Old
(Last edited by sendan; 4th May 2012 at 05:12 AM.)
#2033  
sendan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 572
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Appleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdude38 View Post
Yeah so basically i had low space come on. Did datafix enable then the lag started. Figured id reverse it and did datafix disable but still lag. At least the low space stayed off....

Is there a folder or something to move/delete to go back to normal or is a rom reload the only way ?? Figured id ask before i go jack myself up. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
If you truly did revert it then you can check to make sure there's no duplicates in the /datadata partition. (you can find it on the root of the phone) Otherwise you can either re-setup the symlinks in a terminal or re-flash the ROM.

I haven't actually used Steve and ssewks version of the script so I'm not really sure what options they're giving with it. Weird stuff can happen when you mess with the /datadata partition if you're not careful though. >.<

edit: Actually, you could run a "df" command in a terminal to see how much space is being used in the /datadata partition. If it's completely empty it either means the script did not run right in the first place, or the revert script really screwed stuff up.

And you've tried rebooting, right? That usually solves 99% of lag/issues and should probably be done after messing with that stuff.
 
yeahdude38
Old
#2034  
yeahdude38's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 105
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendan View Post
If you truly did revert it then you can check to make sure there's no duplicates in the /datadata partition. (you can find it on the root of the phone) Otherwise you can either re-setup the symlinks in a terminal or re-flash the ROM.

I haven't actually used Steve and ssewks version of the script so I'm not really sure what options they're giving with it. Weird stuff can happen when you mess with the /datadata partition if you're not careful though. >.<
Ok ill have to do a little research. When it comes to terminal and that stuff im still new to it. Basically got the low space error. Used the dayafix enable to get rid of it. Started lagging then tried dayafix disable. Apparently it disabled but didnt seem to fix lag. Ill look dome more online nd see if theres a quick fix before i wipe everything.

Thanks for ur help guys.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
 
droidstyle
Old
#2035  
droidstyle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3224
Posts: 5,911
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Wayne

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdude38 View Post
Ok ill have to do a little research. When it comes to terminal and that stuff im still new to it. Basically got the low space error. Used the dayafix enable to get rid of it. Started lagging then tried dayafix disable. Apparently it disabled but didnt seem to fix lag. Ill look dome more online nd see if theres a quick fix before i wipe everything.

Thanks for ur help guys.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
lag is from the launcher...try turning off the resize any widget option and/or nova launcher. btw if your datadata is full then apps will force close not cause lag. also if you have a decently fast sd card(class 6+) then move all apps to sd...they load fast off of my class 10 anyway.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE
 
sendan
Old
#2036  
sendan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 572
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Appleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
lag is from the launcher...try turning off the resize any widget option and/or nova launcher. btw if your datadata is full then apps will force close not cause lag. also if you have a decently fast sd card(class 6+) then move all apps to sd...they load fast off of my class 10 anyway.
The lag in question would be caused from running the datafix script, which moves some app data to a slower partition. Also when the /datadata partition is near full performance takes a giant hit. (I have no data to back that up, just personal experience.)

Also I think a skunk just died outside my window, oh my god.
 
yeahdude38
Old
(Last edited by yeahdude38; 4th May 2012 at 07:13 AM.)
#2037  
yeahdude38's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 105
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendan View Post
The lag in question would be caused from running the datafix script, which moves some app data to a slower partition. Also when the /datadata partition is near full performance takes a giant hit. (I have no data to back that up, just personal experience.)

Also I think a skunk just died outside my window, oh my god.
Yeah thays wat im thinking cas it happened only after enabling datafix. Disabling datafix in terminal it did nothing and i cant find the option to disable the widget resizing so unless theres a quick fix ill probably just reload my rom. Thanks again

This is when i did "df". Not sure wat /datadata is but maybe this screen shot can tell you more. This is AFTER datafix disable.


Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
 
sendan
Old
(Last edited by sendan; 4th May 2012 at 08:38 AM.)
#2038  
sendan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 572
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Appleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdude38 View Post
Yeah thays wat im thinking cas it happened only after enabling datafix. Disabling datafix in terminal it did nothing and i cant find the option to disable the widget resizing so unless theres a quick fix ill probably just reload my rom. Thanks again

This is when i did "df". Not sure wat /datadata is but maybe this screen shot can tell you more. This is AFTER datafix disable.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Hrm...I can't really tell because I don't know which script from here Steve is using in the ROM. If he used the one in the OP then I'd guess that it's still enabled, that would also explain the lag. Wendigogo has picked up development on the script, and he has made some extremely huge enhancements.

You might want to look through his posts for info about this, or maybe even try one of his stable scripts

Edit: Okay, here's a way to check wtf is is up with your data.

Type:
Code:
su
find /data/data -type l
(That's a L, btw.)
This should show you all the symlinks on that partition. If there are none (or only a couple) I'm *pretty* sure that means the script is disabled.

Also try running this and make sure you get no (or only a few) results:
Code:
su
find /datadata -type l
I think the older version of the script did things a bit differently and created symlinks in the /datadata partition, I could be wrong but I'm just being thorough...

If worst comes to worst the undo script didn't work right and you will have to wipe data/re-flash the ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to sendan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mustbepbs
Old
#2039  
mustbepbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 290
Posts: 831
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by neh4pres View Post
Anyone remember the Google developer saying battery stats were a myth? I think we were trolled

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
I think https://plus.google.com/105051985738...ts/FV3LVtdVxPT this is what you're looking for.
 
Azuma73
Old
(Last edited by Azuma73; 4th May 2012 at 04:44 PM.)
#2040  
Azuma73's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 746
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South-Central, ....PA.
What's the best, proper way to calibrate battery with M5?
****Help me build my Dropbox storage capacity and Get your own personal Dropbox now!!!! ....And get extra free space from referrals http://db.tt/3IsIYJB****Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4, Pure Evil to the core...all of 'em!! \m/ \m/
\m/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes