5,605,766 Members 48,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] - 3.1.10 - JB - 1.4GHZ - Galaxy Tab 10.1 (11/19/12)

Tip us?

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3736
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeislak View Post
Can I know what the updates are for. There are is change log.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
droidbasement.com
github.com/pershoot

RustyNailz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just encountered another instance of the screen becoming unresponsive on the latest version of the kernel. I was able to plug in usb and capture the dmesg log.

Had to long press the On/Off switch to regain control...
Attached Files
File Type: zip dmesg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (22.9 KB, 6 views)

vibecatalin
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
So this last version of kernel is only for ICS Roms only. Am I right?
SONY Xperia Z 16 GB Black
IPad 4 16GB Wi-FI Black

pershoot
Old
Thanks Meter 3736
Only ics from this point.

Last hc was 01/09, for 3.2

twa_priv
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4387
hey pershoot,

Just had another incident...

First my lockscreen became unresponsive (didn't accept any input) and while I tried to get some logs the tab rebooted and ended up sitting at the bootanimation again.

This time however, I was able to use adb to collect some logs. Attaching it here in case they might be helpful.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip lockscreen_freeze_and_bootloop.zip - [Click for QR Code] (78.6 KB, 8 views)

pershoot
Old
(Last edited by pershoot; 4th May 2012 at 05:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3736
Im changing things around this wknd which should make this phantom bootloop situation a bit better.

The lockscreen dim issue will probly be there (as it has been since hc). Still need to investigate that and try and get it near perfection.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goldlocke
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
I got no issues at all with the may 3rd kernel so far . Touchscreen performance almost on par with tuning app.

katestar
Old
(Last edited by katestar; 9th May 2012 at 08:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
I read that you said you had tried to overclock the gpu in the past, may I ask if any progress has been made as the comment was a very long time ago please? I have been reading up on gpu overclocking and apparently most tegra 2 t20's gpu's can be oc'd to 384mhz and quite a few can get to 512mhz (which sounds far too good to be true) As playing decent games on the gtab is like hitting your head of a wall, everything just laggs a little bit. If you want to test gpu overclocking, I would be more than happy to test for you, to see if it actually increase frame rate, as your tab may not be able to overclock gpu but someone else can. To choose GPU clock speed, maybe you could use EXTweeks app for the interface, or teraks OC. Gpu's are starting to get more, and more important and having a faster gpu would probably be better than oc'ing cpu by any amount. I really don't want to spend 400+ (That I could never afford anymore, double dip recession in the UK has hit me hard) on a new tab to play games at a higher fps, as the cpu and CM9 (thank you by the way) make my tab more than fast enough. I would be more than happy to test, if you would like

Edit: I would never normally ask for gpu overclocking on phones for battery reasons, but as your tab has a great battery life, I am not so bothered about battery anymore, I actually underclock my s2 Mali-400 MP from 267mhz to 200mhz even though it can be oc'd 400mhz to show that I am not an overcloing junky, and I only would like gpu overclocking on our tab for purely practical reasons, I don't care about benchmark result

pershoot
Old
Thanks Meter 3736
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
I read that you said you had tried to overclock the gpu in the past, may I ask if any progress has been made as the comment was a very long time ago please? I have been reading up on gpu overclocking and apparently most tegra 2 t20's gpu's can be oc'd to 384mhz and quite a few can get to 512mhz (which sounds far too good to be true) As playing decent games on the gtab is like hitting your head of a wall, everything just laggs a little bit. If you want to test gpu overclocking, I would be more than happy to test for you, to see if it actually increase frame rate, as your tab may not be able to overclock gpu but someone else can. To choose GPU clock speed, maybe you could use EXTweeks app for the interface, or teraks OC. Gpu's are starting to get more, and more important and having a faster gpu would probably be better than oc'ing cpu by any amount. I really don't want to spend 400+ (That I could never afford anymore, double dip recession in the UK has hit me hard) on a new tab to play games at a higher fps, as the cpu and CM9 (thank you by the way) make my tab more than fast enough. I would be more than happy to test, if you would like

Edit: I would never normally ask for gpu overclocking on phones for battery reasons, but as your tab has a great battery life, I am not so bothered about battery anymore, I actually underclock my s2 Mali-400 MP from 267mhz to 200mhz even though it can be oc'd 400mhz to show that I am not an overcloing junky, and I only would like gpu overclocking on our tab for purely practical reasons, I don't care about benchmark result
feel free to pull my sources and play.
The Following User Says Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

katestar
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
feel free to pull my sources and play.
I really wish I had the skills to change Gpu clock speed, but I'm afraid I don't. I have tried to find the relevant information without much success. I would love to be able to compile my own kernel with oc'ing to 1.5ghz (default set at 1.2ghz though) with gpu overclocking capabilities, all of which could be controlled with a single app interface, but I am just not good enough at all. I am afraid that by the time I have the skills to do it, no one will even own the tab anymore. I am learning about kernel development, a friend is giving me his galaxy s in a 4 months, which I plan to learn to develop on, so when I am learning I wouldn't break my tab. That's why I was asking you with the overclocking of the gpu as I just am not good enough at kernel development to do anything apart from compiling a kernel from source, and making some very, very basic changes, sorry to have asked about it I know there is much more important things to be done. I would just love to play decent games on the tab, and with decent hardware acceleration in ice, maybe oc'ing the gpu would have made the tab a couple of fps smoother. Anyway, thank you