Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]ICS-"FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX_Rev2 (15-Sep-2012)ntfs-3Gusb-GoogleNow,.......

Tip us?

.Gibson.
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeb View Post
.................................................. ..................................yes.
A man of wisdom right here.

Joecascio2000
Old
Thanks Meter 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson.Dubs View Post
A man of wisdom right here.
.................................................. .....................he is. LOL

In other news it worked perfectly. Thanks! The name of the file "install_recovery" made me nervous. I don't think the original one does anything though.

.Gibson.
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecascio2000 View Post
.................................................. .....................he is. LOL

In other news it worked perfectly. Thanks! The name of the file "install_recovery" made me nervous. I don't think the original one does anything though.
The original install-recovery restores the original recovery when the tablet has been put through a restart. You can see then why Civato removes it from his rom.

niteh@wk
Old
(Last edited by niteh@wk; 5th May 2012 at 01:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 310
First of all, this ROM is the bomb. Thanks so much for all the work putting into this. I couldn't wait any longer for the official OTA ICS update from Acer so I flashed the leaked ICS but that didn't fix the touchscreen issue so I flashed this ROM. Everything is working perfectly. I did flashed the unsecured boot.img to get full S-Off root access to update system files since AdAway couldn't update the hosts file.

Now my only issue is I cannot use the Wifi tethered from my phone. It connects and gets an IP but cannot access the internet. It worked fine with the original leaked ICS. Anyone has any idea what I need to do to be able to use my phone's tethered Wifi?

EDITED: sorry, false alarm. It was my phone's fault. My laptop couldn't use the tethered connection either. Somehow the DNS wasn't working. I changed the tablet to use Google's public DNS and it worked like a charm.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

zleto
Old
Thanks Meter 14
It's working for me and actually i use it often.But i'm with the stock boot.img re-rooted.
I will unroot and will flash unsecured boot.img to test it.

tony_2018
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
Make sure the tablet isn't rooted .
Can someone test this boot.img , it's patched and tweaked for faster quadrant benchmarks but more important patched so there is no RW protection.
Meaning, just install SuperUser and you got root , no need to run the "easy root tool"

Flash with cwm
I also put the stock kernel in there.
If it works no need to run easy root tool and to unroot just flash the stock boot.img , should be that easy.
Flash right after installation of rom.

Please let me know.
Crap so I'm fully rooted, I can't use this rom?

zleto
Old
(Last edited by zleto; 5th May 2012 at 09:16 PM.) Reason: Aded question
Thanks Meter 14
niteh@wk.It's working perfectly.May be the problem it's in the settings of your thethered connection.

tony_2018No civato just eliminate the re-root operation with this boot.img, which is need to be done with the stock one.

Great job civato! It's working perfectly. I reflashed the ROM and aplied unsecured boot.img everything's working like it should.

And one question.I'm trying to add aditional languages to the UI. I recompiled framework-res and push it back to the tablet but it's not working like i want.That what i recieve is patrial translation (all google apps are translated) but most of the elements of UI are still on english.What else i should do to make it translate everything like the other languages included like French or Russian?
Or evrything should be build from source?
I don't know. If someone can point me to something I'll be grateful!

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 15,117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zleto View Post
niteh@wk.It's working perfectly.May be the problem it's in the settings of your thethered connection.

tony_2018No civato just eliminate the re-root operation with this boot.img, which is need to be done with the stock one.

Great job civato! It's working perfectly. I reflashed the ROM and aplied unsecured boot.img everything's working like it should.

And one question.I'm trying to add aditional languages to the UI. I recompiled framework-res and push it back to the tablet but it's not working like i want.That what i recieve is patrial translation (all google apps are translated) but most of the elements of UI are still on english.What else i should do to make it translate everything like the other languages included like French or Russian?
Or evrything should be build from source?
I don't know. If someone can point me to something I'll be grateful!
It's not only framework , I will try to build a custom new release with more languages in.And the new acer iCS keyboard with special signs.
Also the full root kernel will be build in.
Will try to make it the following days.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reaverclan
Old
Thanks Meter 40
looking forward to it.
HTC Kaiser > HTC Raphael > D1: some ROM > D3: safestrap v2.10 SD 4.8 > Bionic: SS 3.11/JB OTA > Droid DNA: Viper ROM 1.3.5 with Blackout-Viverrine-B5.9 > VZW Note 3: ObjectiveROM 1.1
A100: CM10 TWRP > Tab 2 10.1: ZAP Blaster 2.1

niteh@wk
Old
Thanks Meter 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
It's not only framework , I will try to build a custom new release with more languages in.And the new acer iCS keyboard with special signs.
Also the full root kernel will be build in.
Will try to make it the following days.
Awesome! Looking forward to it...

Thanks to unlocked bootloader, custom recovery, flexreaper rom, my A100 no longer lays around collecting dust.

Sent from my A100 using xda premium