Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,563 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

9/6 Mandatory Update Official Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 5.8.4.0

Tip us?

Daekin
Old
Thanks Meter 1,813

DONATE TO ME
go back to HBOOT and then RECOVERY (all using volume band power buttons)

EDIT: ROFL...I did not read after your signature....so never mind
Was this post helpful to you? Don't say thanks, use the THANKS button instead. Thanks!

Sense of Eclipse ROM for HTC HD2 (Q&A/T Thread)
Eclipse Kernel for HTC HD2 (Q&A/T Thread)
WiFi Tether - Eclipse Mod for HTC HD2

zImage Injector for HTC One X

Do you want to support my work? Consider a DONATION.

Entreri
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I somehow can't do any more backups since I flashed ARHD 5.0 - my Recovery just crashes as soon as it gets to "backing up data".
I read somwhere in this thread that this might be related to a corrupt partition, but so far I haven't found out how to fix them.

I just flashed ARHD 5.1.0 which supposedly also has rewritten the Data-Partition (at least it said so during flashing) but I still can't do any backups.

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to solve this? Please tell me I don't have to wipe everything.... AGAIN :/.

murdok83
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Good afternoon everyone.. I have a question to ask you guys... I've read most of the thread but haven't found much about this...
I have the CWM Recovery 5.8.3.1 and my phone keeps turning on after 5 minutes of charging... I mean: i turn off the phone... i plug it (the red led lights up) and after a while the phone turns itslef on...
It seems that some of you have the same behavior and others don't: is there a way to solve this?
Thanks in advance

angusc
Old
Thanks Meter 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdok83 View Post
Good afternoon everyone.. I have a question to ask you guys... I've read most of the thread but haven't found much about this...
I have the CWM Recovery 5.8.3.1 and my phone keeps turning on after 5 minutes of charging... I mean: i turn off the phone... i plug it (the red led lights up) and after a while the phone turns itslef on...
It seems that some of you have the same behavior and others don't: is there a way to solve this?
Thanks in advance
When it turns on is the LED red or green? I.e. is it turning on because the battery is fully charged?

Sent witH desire from OneX
Device: HTC ONE Dual Sim UK
SW: 5.17.402.6
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 + Sense 6.0
HBOOT: 2.49.0000
MID PN071
CID HTC__001

I'm not Muslim, I'm not Christian, I have no religion, I'm just humane.....what are you?

murdok83
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusc View Post
When it turns on is the LED red or green? I.e. is it turning on because the battery is fully charged?

Sent witH desire from OneX
nope, its red... the phone is off... i plug it.. the red led turns on and after 5-10 minutes the phone becomes alive!!!!... it really pissing me off.... expecially since there seems to be a way to let it charge while completely off...

matmar
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Is there any possibility that CWR brings wrong sectors on SD when flashing a mod or something else ?

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium

geenyous
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmar View Post
Is there any possibility that CWR brings wrong sectors on SD when flashing a mod or something else ?
Was asking myself the same thing when looking through that missing space thread, especially after the following experience I just had.

I performed a backup (no issues there), then I flashed LeeDrOiD with wipe from his Aroma installer and all was laggy as hell as soon as the ROM booted. Several reflashs didn't make it better. I then wiped in CWR (factory reset) and all is good again. So it might have been the wipe scripts from Lee, but it might have also been the backup operation in CWR...

Also getting into this recovery is really a pita, just now not even the bootloader method worked
htc ONE 802w - Stock European Sense 6 - Android 4.4.2 - moonshine S-OFF - HBOOT 2.49

One X AOSenseP JB Theme for any JB Sense ROM
One V AOSP ICS Theme for myONEv/Sense 4.0

Wiki for NexusHD2 ICS CM9!

Best way of syncing between pcs, the internet and your phone: Get Dropbox!

DrAgKurt
Old
Thanks Meter 23
great post... thanks!

Phone: HTC One M8 S-OFF
ROM: Venom 1.5.0 | KitKat 4.4.2
Kernel: Elemental-X m8-0.10
CPU: 2.5GHz
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.0.2

jotha
Old
Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by geenyous View Post
Was asking myself the same thing when looking through that missing space thread, especially after the following experience I just had.

I performed a backup (no issues there), then I flashed LeeDrOiD with wipe from his Aroma installer and all was laggy as hell as soon as the ROM booted. Several reflashs didn't make it better. I then wiped in CWR (factory reset) and all is good again. So it might have been the wipe scripts from Lee, but it might have also been the backup operation in CWR...

Also getting into this recovery is really a pita, just now not even the bootloader method worked
1. HTC has acknowledged the problem with the missing space on sd-card in connection with "connect to pc". It has nothing to do with recovery. See here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6526

2. The problem of not beeing able to go into recovery is definitely gone since 5.8.3.1.
The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude towards the problem! - Captain Jack Sparrow

Some things I made:
CirclesMod All-in-One Mod-Pack for One
APM for One X
- APM for One V - EQS for One X
Battery% Mods for One X - CirclesMod for One X
Themes for 4ext Recovery Touch -

NO support questions via PM, I will NOT answer.
PM is personal, support is for all to know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jotha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aashir86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't boot into recovery

Dear broncogr

I've followed the steps thoroughly but still for some reason I can't boot into the clockwork touch recovery. After selecting recovery on the HBOOT menu, my phone tries to boot the recovery mod and then shows a red exclamation mark.

I'm running the software version 1.28.720.10 which is the version launched in India.
Please help

Thanks

Regards

Aashir

Tags
cwm, recovery