Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 49,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Review] Hyperion 3800 mAH Extended Battery for LG Nitro HD

Tip us?

youngv408
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaineball View Post
Just ordered mine off eBay, $17.99 with free expedited shipping!

Extra battery life will be great, I am more excited about the added weight and thickness. I am a big guy with pretty big hands, sometimes it really feels to small and light. My wife has the Skyrocket and I hate how thin and light it is. Feels cheap and plastic-y.

I will report back with perfomance results. Currenly with CM9 and stock battery I get roughly 10-11 hours of medium use. If I could get a solid day (from waking up to going to bed) that would be awesome.
you will! just fully charge battery first.....if i am surfing the web or using the phone data either 4g or lte in like 2 hours my phone is like already 15 percent...with screen at almost max brightnes...and same scenario with the hyper battery itl be at like around 70 percent left lol

AllstarE4
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngv408 View Post
you will! just fully charge battery first.....if i am surfing the web or using the phone data either 4g or lte in like 2 hours my phone is like already 15 percent...with screen at almost max brightnes...and same scenario with the hyper battery itl be at like around 70 percent left lol
This just sold me. I've been frustrated more and more with the stock battery lately. It got better for awhile, but now its getting worse. Ill have to get the Hyperion.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA
Phone: LG G3 D850
Carrier: AT&T

Namuna
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
1 week check-in.

* No more worries about letting my young son play games on my Nitro. With the stock battery I was always worried that he'd burn the battery down playing games while I wasn't looking and when I'd be leaving the house I'd have a dead phone. Those worries are totally gone now.
* With the stock battery, if the phone wasn't in my hand being used, I had to be vigilant in ALWAYS making sure it was plugged-in being charged. I can relax a little now.

I'm not specifically giving credit for those niceties to the Hyperion battery, but more so to having a PROPER battery capacity for a workhorse phone. It's damned nice that my priority now is thinking about what's coming in the next ROM nightly, instead of how far am I away from a power source.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900A)
Case: Trident Cyclops w/TechMatte HD Clear Screen Protector
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock 4.3, rooted
Kernel: Stock
Int Storage: 32gb
Ext Storage: AData Premiere 64GB UHS-I/Class 10

stemalo
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I am totally satisfied with the Hyperion. I leave in the morning and only put it on the charger before going to bed at night.. On the weekend I can use it Saturday and part of the day on Sunday.

Sent from my LG-P935 using Tapatalk 2

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
anyone have any case solutions for extended batteries, Im searching now..

thanks.

osmosizzz
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
anyone have any case solutions for extended batteries, Im searching now..

thanks.
Well there are no cases but im thinking of getting a silicone and cutting it in a way that it hugs the phone in the front a little and also on the side. im not to worried about the back but I just want something around the phone so i can feel better and know that if it drops, all the impact is not falling on the phone

k4ce
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I finally got my battery .. ordered on amazon .. they had some issues finding inventory but they kept me updated with the situation ...

And to the battery itself, I am quite excited (I was even more excited when I ordered it cos I was getting 8-10 hours on one charge ... and then I flashed the P936 kdz and not get close to 14-15) ...

Quick question .. Do I have to do the 12 hour charge ? Cos I just put it to charge and need the phone in the evening ... I think I will just pull it out once it has done 100pc ... I really want this battery to give me as much life as my friend's razr maxx ...

drumist
Old
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4ce View Post
Quick question .. Do I have to do the 12 hour charge ? Cos I just put it to charge and need the phone in the evening ... I think I will just pull it out once it has done 100pc ... I really want this battery to give me as much life as my friend's razr maxx ...
No, once it says "charged" instead of "charging" you're good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to drumist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

surewhynot
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default LG Optimus LTE2 2150mAh battery size?

Does anyone know if the battery in the new Optimus LTE2 will fit in the P930?
It is supposed to be 2150 mAh and the phone does not appear to be any thicker, so I'm thinking it may be a nice stock upgrade if it fits.

hereric
Old
Thanks Meter 128

DONATE TO ME
The new optimus isn't even released in Korea yet so unless someone has insiders for LG, were going to have to wait and see. The battery is probably wider than ours though, that extra capacity takes more volume

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA
Current Devices:
Nexus 4 16GB (mako) - Paranoid Android 3.0
Nexus 7 32GB WIFI (grouper) - Paranoid Android 3.0

Guide - Root/Unbrick LG P930/P935/P936

If I helped you out, hit the Thanks button!