Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,839 Members 47,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Strange beeping coming from dialer?

Tip us?

Master_Taco
Old
(Last edited by Master_Taco; 4th May 2012 at 03:14 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Strange beeping coming from dialer?

youtu .be/NyLbqyEzwtg

Remove the space between the u and period. I can't post the link as a link... If a mod could linkify that, that would be fantastic.

That's a video with the sound it's making, this is the second time it's done this, the first time was at the doctor's office when the phone was in my pocket (back in December), it was coming out of the speakerphone speaker though. This time it started doing this while it was plugged into my computer's audio and data (mounted SD card). the sound comes out of the headphone jack when something is plugged into it, and it comes out of the ear speaker when nothing is plugged into the jack. My phone is rooted, but it's the stock ROM. The sound appears to be originating from the dialer, because the volume rocker can make the sound louder or quieter, and it says "in-call volume" on the screen when I do so. Can anyone tell me what that is? Is it a bug or something?

ewh1292
Old
(Last edited by ewh1292; 4th May 2012 at 05:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Taco View Post
youtu .be/NyLbqyEzwtg

Remove the space between the u and period. I can't post the link as a link... If a mod could linkify that, that would be fantastic.

That's a video with the sound it's making, this is the second time it's done this, the first time was at the doctor's office when the phone was in my pocket (back in December), it was coming out of the speakerphone speaker though. This time it started doing this while it was plugged into my computer's audio and data (mounted SD card). the sound comes out of the headphone jack when something is plugged into it, and it comes out of the ear speaker when nothing is plugged into the jack. My phone is rooted, but it's the stock ROM. The sound appears to be originating from the dialer, because the volume rocker can make the sound louder or quieter, and it says "in-call volume" on the screen when I do so. Can anyone tell me what that is? Is it a bug or something?
I encountered this same exact problem a long time ago when I was on stock EP4D rooted. It's something with the ROM. Go into recovery and reflash the ROM file. But seriously dude, get with the program and flash Tweaked 2.0. It ill make you like this phone 26495861057 times more...

Edit: When I say reflash the ROM, I mean doing so without wiping anything. Just flash over the top.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

aguyintx
Old
(Last edited by aguyintx; 4th May 2012 at 06:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
If it is doing that on a reboot. You have a voice mail that has not been listened to yet.

Master_Taco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewh1292 View Post
I encountered this same exact problem a long time ago when I was on stock EP4D rooted. It's something with the ROM. Go into recovery and reflash the ROM file. But seriously dude, get with the program and flash Tweaked 2.0. It ill make you like this phone 26495861057 times more...

Edit: When I say reflash the ROM, I mean doing so without wiping anything. Just flash over the top.

The problem is, since it's the stock ROM, I don't have a ROM to flash. I also don't know what Tweaked 2.0 is.

ewh1292
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Taco View Post
The problem is, since it's the stock ROM, I don't have a ROM to flash. I also don't know what Tweaked 2.0 is.
I see. The thread for Tweaked 2.0 is in the development section. Stock ROM is garbage on this phone.