Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery on Skyrocket?

OP guapinoy

1st May 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax49201

Just walked in the door from the local verizon store its still on sale just picked up one the sales rep looked at me like i was crazy but scanned it and it came up 24.99. So now charging it and seeing how long it can go. Fits in my otterbox so not really worried about the little bulge at the side. As stated above does feel a little heavier than stock.

Thanks for the confirmation guys. Picked one up over the weekend and have been testing it since.

For me, had to use the "contra code" to get the cover on. Snapped the top, bottom, left, right. Had to force the left side down again after snapping on the right so there's a slight bulge but not a big deal with a casemate.

Weight: Definitely a noticeable difference in weight. Heavier than before.

Battery life: Don't know if conditioning is necessary but charged phone overnight with phone turned off. I was able to get through 1 day with wifi turned on and fairly heavy usage playing games and surfing the web. I would say at least +1 to 2 hours more. I couldn't say that before with the stock battery. Great find!
1st May 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #132  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 11

71 posts
More
Just Peel It
I just peeled off the label and removed the plastic around the contacts leaving just the battery and the NFC and it now fits just fine in my skyrocket with no other modifications.

steve
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevenlong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 25

227 posts
I get over 1day and 5 hours of used on this battery. The best $25 I have ever spend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
3rd May 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #134  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 18

135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenlong

I just peeled off the label and removed the plastic around the contacts leaving just the battery and the NFC and it now fits just fine in my skyrocket with no other modifications.

steve

Do you mind posting pics of what you did?
4th May 2012, 02:40 AM   |  #135  
Decatur, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 63

314 posts
More
I removed the label off the extended battery, and it fits perfect! Used a sharp knife to pull edge of label up, then peeled it all off. My battery life after 3 full carge/discharge cycles is better than stock battery. Probably 15% better, enough to not have to charge during the day.
4th May 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #136  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 11

71 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcrotch

Do you mind posting pics of what you did?

Your wish is granted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120504_133236.jpg
Views:	3184
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	1040942   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120504_133248.jpg
Views:	2985
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	1040943  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stevenlong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #137  
Thanks Meter: 10

131 posts
More
picked one up the other day and all i did was use a nail file to slightly shave down the left top and bottom corners of the battery and a little bit of the inside of the battery cover where those left corners touch and it fits PERFECTLY [:
11th May 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #138  

6 posts
I removed the label also and now it fits perfect!

First day of use so far, pretty impressed with the extended life. Only down to 70% after a normal day of use.
14th May 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #139  

7 posts
removed the label and wet indicator
I removed the label and the we indicator and it fits. Without removing, there was the slight bulge, but it still fit in my Otterbox Defender case.
18th May 2012, 06:16 AM   |  #140  
New York City
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
More
Just picked one up today at my local Verizon store here in NYC. They are still on sale for $25 (the box had it marked at $49) and the salesfolks are still in disbelief when it is popped in an non-Verizon phone. I haven't done any modifications to the battery and the back door fit my black SR with a small amount of effort/adjusting. After about three hours of it being installed, I can kind of see the bulge/indentation
of the battery on the back plate, so I might try my hand at modifying the battery a little.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread