Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Replacement battery issues (phone loop rebooting)

OP d.a.v.o.r

29th November 2011, 04:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

141 posts
As the title says, and much to my surprise a cheap replacement battery i bought on ebay (http://goo.gl/y4RML) for my Omnia 7 makes my phone reboot constantly when put to charger or USB. Works fine when not charging.

Just out of curiosity, what is the reason for this, other than battery being a cheap replacement?

On a side note, the original battery weights 4.7g more than the replacement, as measured by my perfectly working digital scale i bought on ebay.
14th February 2012, 10:09 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

141 posts
BUMP

I just bought another one, same problem. So I'm calling it quits and buying an OEM battery.
24th April 2012, 10:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 25

156 posts
Same problem, I try a non original battery and now when I try to charge my original battery my omnia reboot
28th April 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Decided to sell my Omnia......although I liked Windows a lot, the battery does not charge very quickly, it will not charge above about 90% and I have tried 3 different batteries, 2 or 3 chargers etc. all with the same result. The phone needs either a software update or hardware mods.......Samsung get your finger out and fix this problem......
I also found it very difficult to get a genuine battery, had to buy a 3rd party battery which did not seem as good........
4th May 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #5  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 21

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bump... I also bought 2 cheap batteries for Omnia 7, and had the same problem, although it works ok, when you plug in the charger (or microUSB on PC), after 3-4 seconds the phone reboots. and then boots again, and instantly reboots...leading to an endless booting-rebooting loop. When you disconnect the cable, it's boots ok.

The batteries I got were marked 'Made in China' (made in Korea for the original). Also they had a (slightly) different P/N: EB504465VB (chinese) vs EB504465VU (original)

I have tried to charge the battery when the phone is in Download mode. It works, but I'm afraid that the constant image of the bootloader may burn in the Omnia7 AmoLED screen.

Has anyone found any decent source of replacement batteries for Omnia7 (apart from Mugen, that is very pricey)?
4th May 2012, 10:12 AM   |  #6  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 12

60 posts
More
same battery problem, so i bought a charger dock
4th May 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #7  
Flag Manchester

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfla

same battery problem, so i bought a charger dock

Does that dock charges only the battery? Can nyou provide a link, if you have bought it online? I have found some docks on ebay, but not for omnia7 specifically. They say the y are universal for almost all types of batteries. Do you have a universal one or a omnia7?
4th May 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #8  
Flag Naples

60 posts
More
I bought this: cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190666195369#ht_4052wt _1134

p.s.: i can't post full link beacuse I'm under 8 post...
4th May 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #9  
Flag Manchester

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Grazie newfl, i found it.

The batteries that came with the dock charger had the same problem, right? What is their Part Number, EB504465VB 'or' EB504465VU?
4th May 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #10  
Flag Naples

60 posts
More
Part Number is EB504465VB. Yes they have same issue

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread