Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Very important. please read. x10 source petition.

Tip us?

xPlayGunZ
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by silveraero View Post
They knew about that package long time ago in the kernel and bootloader passing thread.
Also, we WILL not have true multitouch cause this type of touch screen does not support it, all it can do is fake the dual touch. (As you see in new Xperia 2012 Sola phone, SONY combines this type of touch screen with new type (Arc type till now) so they can using without touch the screen, you will notice that you can use a soft cloth and touch the screen too)
About 16M colors, I'm not sure cause some source say this screen can display, some not.
I don't want to start anything, but....

Didn't we confirm a few months ago that x10 can do multitouch lol??

I know what y'all thinkin...
Like a boss

Oxynium
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Signed 10 times, god thank you for proxy servers

SysGhost
Old
(Last edited by SysGhost; 5th May 2012 at 12:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxynium View Post
Signed 10 times, god thank you for proxy servers
*umh*.. .why?

Not to rain on your parade, but...
You just skewed up the petition with false signs, and that can result in the whole petition to be less valid.
Each and every sign are supposed to have real and separate individuals behind them. That is the sole purpose of petitions in the first place.

Proxy or not, most people actually came from this website, and of course someone who'll receive this petition might look that up, and find this thread, with this post.
With that in mind the whole petition could be taken as a joke and looked over.

Also, if you just "told us, but didn't really do it" one might question whenever you're telling us the truth or not, so should we remove 9 signs or not, to get the true result?
One could even take this sole post, as a sabotage to invalidate the whole petition.

I'm just a bit disappointed. Hopefully noone else will cheat.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SysGhost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spiritedwithin
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I agree with the importance of this. I signed the petition already. I dun see why Sony does not want to release the source code for x10 when they already did with the newer devices. Hopefully with the source code, many more improvements can be made.

Prodigy
Old
Thanks Meter 363

DONATE TO ME
I want to sign the petition, I have no problems giving them my email address, but I do not understand why they want my precise street address.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2
My blog on international politics

Toledo_JAB
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2136
Just finished signing. Said I was number 79.

Sent from my X10S using XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
Let me be very clear on this:
IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY,
THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

THeLogiC
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
I want to sign the petition, I have no problems giving them my email address, but I do not understand why they want my precise street address.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2
I dont think so you need to type precise street address.
I just typed my district in it and it was accepted.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiKeJ View Post
It's just business. They won't relase official ICS for device which has 3 years. Of course it's possible, but then they won't sell newer devices from 2011 or 2012 line. All what they can do is give us sources - then we start magic .

BTW: I can tell that many polish people signed on this petition - I think my forum made a trick . Thank you all patriots!
yes releasing ICS is out of scope
but some driver sources and libs may help u devs :P
X10 Stock Firmware Collection
X10-The Ultimate ROMS/KERNELS List for GB/ICS
Latest FXP 142 cm9.1 Download Link for Xperia X10

Current Configuration:
Bootloader Status: Unlocked
Kernel: doomkernel v6
ROM: cm7zmod v3 by zdzihu

ramhead
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Signed number 90. Im still love in with x10 so hoping this will help.
Phone1 Archos 50 platinum
-rooted
Phone2 Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
-rom: Gin2KitKat v3.2.0 ;kernel: DoomKerner ;rooted ;unlocked bootloader
Other devices: Xperia X10(random shutting down problem), Xperia X1(working).

a.monteiro
Old
Thanks Meter 67
signed as well, shared at my networks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiKeJ View Post
It's just business. They won't relase official ICS for device which has 3 years. Of course it's possible, but then they won't sell newer devices from 2011 or 2012 line. All what they can do is give us sources - then we start magic .
I find highly unlikely that releasing this codes would hurt sales of newer devices, the reason behind this is certainly Sony's good old technical incompetence.
The Following User Says Thank You to a.monteiro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LJE
Old
(Last edited by LJE; 6th May 2012 at 11:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.monteiro View Post
I find highly unlikely that releasing this codes would hurt sales of newer devices, the reason behind this is certainly Sony's good old technical incompetence.
agreed...
It doesn't make sense. The only people that would benefit from Sony releasing source codes for the x10 are people at xda forums that already own an x10. No one would go out and buy an x10 because codes got released. You wouldn't have a dev sell his SGS2 or GNex and go and buy an x10 instead of the newer Sony devices

The general public that knows very little about kernels/ROMs etc could care less if the codes are released. and no sales assistant would tell someone "don't buy the xperia S, buy this 3 year old x10, take it home, root it, install something called xrecovery....etc"

The only thing that makes sense is that Sony have something to hide.

That's my opinion....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LJE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe