Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][DEV][VIDEO] Debranding Rooted Rogers/AT&T One X (1.82 safe)[Updated 05.14.2012]

Tip us?

bongd
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLEnterprises View Post
Some of you may be getting a soft-brick. If so then pm me and i'll help you through it.
Boom! You just the 1000 Thanks barrier

And thanks so much for your help too.

JSLEnterprises
Old
(Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 4th May 2012 at 08:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongd View Post
Boom! You just the 1000 Thanks barrier

And thanks so much for your help too.
no problem. Also, did you do anything differently from the last time when you got your 'soft brick' ?

General Thread Comment:

I'll be adding a cleaned up build.prop to the zip file tonight as well, will post changes from stock once updated (Im testing the edits now through my use of the device during the day)

bongd
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
no problem. Also, did you do anything differently from the last time when you got your 'soft brick' ?

General Thread Comment:

I'll be adding a cleaned up build.prop to the zip file tonight as well, will post changes from stock once updated (Im testing the edits now through my use of the device during the day)
It's strange because I did nothing different at all. I'm thinking my device wasn't as "fixed" as I had thought. But it was only the boot.img and recovery.img from the Teg3 device that I flashed so I'm not sure why flashing the appropriate ones wouldn't help.

Going to go through the RUU method after work. Got errands to do until this evening and it's killing me to not be with my beloved One X!!

alexinmontreal
Old
(Last edited by alexinmontreal; 4th May 2012 at 09:18 PM.) Reason: Wrong Thread
Thanks Meter 0
Default Another Happy Customer

I just successfully rooted (after unlocking bootloader) my new pocket-top. It took two attempts with Paul's Superboot and I'm now a happy pup. Thank you all for the help and continuing support.
Now I'll be impatiently waiting for a CM9 or 10??? Where should I be looking for ROMs?

JSLEnterprises
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexinmontreal View Post
I just successfully rooted (after unlocking bootloader) my new pocket-top. It took two attempts with Paul's Superboot and I'm now a happy pup. Thank you all for the help and continuing support.
Now I'll be impatiently waiting for a CM9 or 10??? Where should I be looking for ROMs?
well, we dont have a working recovery yet, and virtuous has an experimental rom which seems to just be 1.68 with some bloatware removed and enabling more languages (through the CID/default.xml)

I'm working on one based of the rogers img (and when AT&T users finally get root, i'll be adding a 'choice' to install specific files for each carrier.

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6327

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
well, we dont have a working recovery yet, and virtuous has an experimental rom which seems to just be 1.68 with some bloatware removed and enabling more languages (through the CID/default.xml)

I'm working on one based of the rogers img (and when AT&T users finally get root, i'll be adding a 'choice' to install specific files for each carrier.
Let me know if you want some help scripting aroma installer for this.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

JSLEnterprises
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost View Post
Let me know if you want some help scripting aroma installer for this.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Will do. It's my intention to make two Roms, one fairy stock with only small improvements (like apm for example), similar to Er3bus, and one more heavily nodded.

I would ho.Walt like to make one geared towards power business users of the device if time permits.

.. delegated by Nigerian princes
Don't forget to hit thanks when someone's helped you
Retired Devices:
HTC Desire HD (PD981400) | Blackberry 9900, 9700, 9530, 9300, 9000, 8900, 8530, 8520, 8330
Nokia N97, N95 8GB (NAM-4), E71, N93, 6300 | Motorola RAZR2 V8, ROKR E6, A1200, v551, Samsung A460
... And one iCrap 4

ChongoDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2286
Thank you for the step by step, just wanted to clarify that the final wipe is to restore to stock or to clean out any final rogers leftovers

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote:
have you:
- Installed the htc drivers
- Booted the phone to bootloader and gone into the fastboot menu

when connected to the pc (with drivers installed), the phone will connect, and 'FASTBOOT' will read 'FASTBOOT USB'. It'll work then.

Remember: Unlocking your bootloader pretty much voids your warranty.
I just sent you a PM

JSLEnterprises
Old
(Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 5th May 2012 at 10:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChongoDroid View Post
Thank you for the step by step, just wanted to clarify that the final wipe is to restore to stock or to clean out any final rogers leftovers

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I just sent you a PM
the final wipe would remove all the remnant rogers customizing (bookmarks, 6 scene's - one being the 'Rogers' one; but you can rename it), etc... thats why you dont really have to do it. (it's very optional. lol)

cao0215
Old
(Last edited by cao0215; 5th May 2012 at 01:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
i m Downloading a file explorer and grant it root access , but i cant overwriting that 2 files, when i paste, it was said cant move