Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S III Released!

Tip us?

panda_mode
Old
Thanks Meter 29
How can one hate that curved metal finish on the side. It's very sexy.

The whole camera-design thing: who actually looks at their camera lens on a daily basis? Its always behind the phone where you'll rarely ever see it. People these days...
Sony Ericsson W350 Walkman Phone | Samsung Captivate | Current: AT&T HTC One X, S-OFF, H-boot 2.15; currently trying out Sense 5 (CleanROM 7 P1)

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda_mode View Post
How can one hate that curved metal finish on the side. It's very sexy.

The whole camera-design thing: who actually looks at their camera lens on a daily basis? Its always behind the phone where you'll rarely ever see it. People these days...
Seriously when I read people cons...being about looks I feel the same way...come on now.

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

hbk19
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Definitely looking forward to upgrade.

There's been speculation that to accommodate LTE in the North American release, they might go with an S4 instead of the Exynos, which is also an excellent processor (though I would have liked to experience the Exynos).

Still, it's almost time to upgrade for me. It'll be nice to experience LTE.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

rheicide
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm totally in love with this beast. Its hardware and features are awesome.
As soon as I could get one, my beloved Cappy could then take a step back and be my backup

NightHawk877
Old
Thanks Meter 27
My Captivate has served me well. It has never failed me. Hate to retire it, but I want the GS3.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
Samsung Captivate
ROM: Helly Bean
Kernel: Devil
Modem: KG3

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: Carbon
Kernel: BMS
Modem: MJB

2013 Nexus 7
ROM: Carbon
Kernel: Faux123
Modem: N/A

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk877 View Post
My Captivate has served me well. It has never failed me. Hate to retire it, but I want the GS3.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
I agree. Never had a phone that lasted this long without me wanting to upgrade..and the way new Roms and OCing kept extending its life its pretty awesome.

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

Planswalker89
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Was anxiously awaiting this thing since even though my cappy is beyond amazing, it's begun to feel its age a bit and I'm totally looking forward to a new phone.

I am totally not disappointed and can't wait to finally get my upgrade when it comes out.

The screen is awesome, and since I never got to see super amoled + I can't say I'm going to miss it. I just hope the GS3 is anywhere near as good to me as my cappy has been - although I'm going to miss the build of this phone cause it was awesome.

TheSoaresan
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I love the specs...but I'm a tad disappointed by its aesthetics... I mean it looks like a cheaper quality phone with all that plastic...on the other hand HTC one x looks like sex
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSoaresan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

falacer
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Same here didn't use my upgrade yet but will wait to see what the US versions specs are. Might be changing from AT&T to Sprint soon as wife contract is up.

JBM12G
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I was really disappointed with the Galaxy S3. I will most likely be upgrading to the HTC One X. In almost every situation the One X beats or is a tie with the S3.

Screen: Most reviews say that the One X has a better screen then the Galaxy Nexus, so I believe that with the S3 having essentially the same screen as the nexus the One X's will be better.

Processor/SOC: The S3 will likely have an S4 in Canada so in that case it is a tie. If the S3 does have the quad core in Canada it will probably not be that noticeable of a difference.

Software: Both will likely have great Rom development, but in a worst case scenario, I can live with Sense 4.0, I cannot live with that hideous touchwiz.

Hardware: (IMO) The One X is gorgeous. The S3 is meh. Also, the S3 has a menu button, what were you thinking Samsung! I don't care about a removable battery or sd card slot.

Camera: I'm guessing it will be about the same (Don't care much about camera).