Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Followed video tut for rooting, now i'm lost. What's a ROM, and where do I start?

OP Wodensman

4th May 2012, 08:30 AM   |  #111  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,420

3,791 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodensman

Alright. Where can I get them. Ki3?

Lol currently I'm sitting in the theatre about to watch avengers so I'm mobile.....so just look in the dev thread for modems
4th May 2012, 08:39 AM   |  #112  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73

468 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmm

Lol currently I'm sitting in the theatre about to watch avengers so I'm mobile.....so just look in the dev thread for modems

Oh man, I envy you. I can't wait to see that!

Alright, after flashing this new modem, i'm starting to look into overclocking. I'm not sure if our phone can play GTA3 lag free.(or close to it) But, I would like to try. I keep seeing stuff about "Tegrak." Would that be benificial to me? I also read something about Antonx's OC/UV kernel, and where would I find that, and would it benefit me? Or should i just keep using the kernel i got with the rom?

Sorry for the Q's. Don't bother answering, Erik, until you've made it back home. And you gotta let me know how the film was! THOOOORRR!!!!!!
4th May 2012, 08:44 AM   |  #113  
OP Senior Member

468 posts
I flash a modem the same way as roms and kernels? Just boot into recovery, install zip?
4th May 2012, 08:57 AM   |  #114  
OP Senior Member

468 posts
New modem solved the problem. Thanks again! now about this overclocking... is it worth it for me to do it?
4th May 2012, 09:17 AM   |  #115  
OP Senior Member

468 posts
Just did the quadrant test thing, and my score is 1783. Is that good?

Total: 1783
CPU: 1441
Mem: 1849
I/O: 3402
2D: 338
3D: 1884

The lower the score, the better, or is it the higher, the better?
4th May 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #116  
OP Senior Member

468 posts
Can I OC using this guide, following it step by step?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=overclock

Is my rom, valblack final, compatible with drhonks bali 3.0, or 3.1? How do I find niche info like this without bugging the wise folks here? I try search a lot, but it's hard. Try it yourself sometime, it's not as easy as the veterans here think. Some things are, but other stuff is still really hard to find. I've been reading thread after thread, after thread since I joined. I love it. I think i'm finally going to get the xda app.
4th May 2012, 11:05 AM   |  #117  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 767

1,868 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1610528
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=136

Those two posts will get you setup with a stable kernel and oc/uv settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to eollie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 11:26 AM   |  #118  
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 251

2,068 posts
More
Quote:

Alright. Where can I get them. Ki3?

Nevermind

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
4th May 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #119  
OP Senior Member

468 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls317

Nevermind

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Yeah, sorry. I got it and it's all done. It did exactly what I needed.

However, Looking through the two links above, and having been reading this forum for the past 3 hours on overclocking... i'm more confused than when I began. I will lose features by flashing that kernel, but it will let me oc? Then i just use setCPU?
Will overclocking to 1.3 show a noticible improvement in gfx-intensive games, like gta3? I already have chainfire3d, with all plugins, and that helped a little. Still not perfect, and that's why i'm looking to oc.

From what I read, you oc, and make your battery life longer at the same time? Isn't that opposite of what's supposed to happen?
5th May 2012, 08:48 AM   |  #120  
OP Senior Member

468 posts
Quote:

Yeah, sorry. I got it and it's all done. It did exactly what I needed.

However, Looking through the two links above, and having been reading this forum for the past 3 hours on overclocking... i'm more confused than when I began. I will lose features by flashing that kernel, but it will let me oc? Then i just use setCPU?
Will overclocking to 1.3 show a noticible improvement in gfx-intensive games, like gta3? I already have chainfire3d, with all plugins, and that helped a little. Still not perfect, and that's why i'm looking to oc.

From what I read, you oc, and make your battery life longer at the same time? Isn't that opposite of what's supposed to happen?

Is that guide the most most recommended way to OC with my set-up? will that kernel remove features I already have?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread