FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Stock vs CM7 in gaming

376 posts
Thanks Meter: 44
 
By zoppp, Senior Member on 5th May 2012, 04:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Have you guys noticed games run smoother on stock? Is that just me or is everyone else saying that. Also is the 2.3.4 update worth it?

Sent from my Handheld Portal Device
 
 
5th May 2012, 04:29 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag OC
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoppp

Have you guys noticed games run smoother on stock? Is that just me or is everyone else saying that. Also is the 2.3.4 update worth it?

Sent from my Handheld Portal Device

the 2.3.4 update is very nice for me. Super smooth. Better battery. GPS is better. Only downside is flashing custom roms wwill result in static calls

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
5th May 2012, 05:05 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1user101

the 2.3.4 update is very nice for me. Super smooth. Better battery. GPS is better. Only downside is flashing custom roms wwill result in static calls

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Oh the call issue you can fix with the Getril app

Sent from my Handheld Portal Device
5th May 2012, 08:08 AM |#4  
buru898's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cranston, RI
Thanks Meter: 590
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoppp

Oh the call issue you can fix with the Getril app

Sent from my Handheld Portal Device

Are you sure it's that easy?

Are you on the new baseband but on anything other than 2.3.4 and your calls work?
5th May 2012, 09:06 AM |#5  
I.R.Chevy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Calgary, AB
Thanks Meter: 193
 
More
I think gaming will be effected more by kernels than roms.
But no I haven't noticed that at all...

Pin it to Win it.
5th May 2012, 04:23 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buru898

Are you sure it's that easy?

Are you on the new baseband but on anything other than 2.3.4 and your calls work?

That's what everyone is saying. Most of the time if your RIL doesn't match the baseband you have issues.

Sent from my Handheld Portal Device
5th May 2012, 04:27 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoppp

That's what everyone is saying. Most of the time if your RIL doesn't match the baseband you have issues.

Sent from my Handheld Portal Device

I'm pretty sure other people tried that with no luck. Are you running new baseband with rom other than 2.3.4 and do your calls work?
5th May 2012, 05:18 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Laredo Tx
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoppp

That's what everyone is saying. Most of the time if your RIL doesn't match the baseband you have issues.

Sent from my Handheld Portal Device

This isnt the case with the OTA update. If you update your phone to 2.3.4 with the new March 2012 baseband, you can only use the OTA rom or a modified version of it, you cannot flash any other ROM to the phone other than these because it will just result in static calls because of the baseband. Its a compatibility issue with something in the ROM/or Kernel that is causing this issue.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes