Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 39,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MDAIII OR NOT

Tip us?

davidpatel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MDAIII OR NOT

I'm a bit confused. T-Moble can't help; the sales people I speak with just don't know.

I need a replacement for my Nokia 6230 phone, but would like a phone, access to my contacts in my Outlook on my PC (which is linked to my Exchange 2003 server) and Email.

We have Exchange 2003 with OMA, however I understand I need an OMA or Activesync compatible device. T-Mobile's manual for the MDA III on their uk site says IT IS NOT COMPATBLE, but i hear from lots of people it is.
Can anyone shed any light.
I'm a heavy phone user and am willing to take the risk on size of unit, Whlst I want emails, its more to read/ad-hoc reply.
Any comments.

decoy7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yes the MDA III is compatible with ActiveSync, i'm running version 3.8 and it's fine.

dont really use the phone features so cant comment on those but it works great as an in car navigator when paired with a BlueTooth GPS receiver and TomTom software...dont bother asking T-Mobile anything technical, competency is not one of their strong points....thats why these forums exist.

TheLastOne
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Now is not the time to buy a Pocket PC. The new line of HTC devices (Universal, Wizard, etc) will be out in a few months, with Windows Mobile 5.0 and a host of other new features.

Unless there is some urgent need for a new Pocket PC purchase now, I HIGHLY recommend waiting.
Telus HTC Desire
Oxygen v2.0-RC6

davidpatel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys.
Could resist waiting anylonger, bought the MDAIII on 7 day trial.
Will see how it goes.

decoy7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
technology changes everyday, if you want something now buy what you want now, the best in the current market place that fits your needs....if you sit and wait for whats round the corner you'll constantly be waiting for the next best thing.....especially when its not even in the market place yet let alone on your particular service providers inventory.

the only time to wait is when they say this'll be in next week....aside from that forget the speculation about the next model due in 3 months time.....unless your buying a car maybe.

Udem
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubimann View Post
bin ja am überleen ob ich es flashen tu....lohnt es sich denn?
Sollte sich eigentlich lohnen. da mir dieses ganze Sense nicht gefällt, warte ich auf ein AOKP mit funktionierender Kamera.