Key mapping fixes for SuperOSR / CM

Search This thread

mcnh

Mar 21, 2007
Hi. I have Asian WWE ChaCha, S-Off, Flashed with "ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.57_v2.0 (Asia 1.57.707.2)".

I applied "chacha-keypad-steng-signed.zip", The "?" key is totally gone along with the ";" sign.

When i press the "SYM" key, it brings up the "Change Input Method" Dialog. And the "0" = zero key is also gone.

Please help. Thank you very much.

adlx.xda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
Updated HK version, per request of a user.

Hi. I have Asian WWE ChaCha, S-Off, Flashed with "ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.57_v2.0 (Asia 1.57.707.2)".

I applied "chacha-keypad-steng-signed.zip", The "?" key is totally gone along with the ";" sign.

When i press the "SYM" key, it brings up the "Change Input Method" Dialog. And the "0" = zero key is also gone.

Please help. Thank you very much.

Those files are for SuperOSR or CM roms only. Better ask the dev of your rom for support.

Mikamura

Jul 14, 2011
I've Thai version of HTC Cha Cha come up with E/T * key use to switch layout between Thai and English. I've download your key mapping fix, restore switch apps from stock rom and install CM. Results are the E/T * key aren't respond at all even to type *. Also they can't switch language from English to Thai. I don't know how to do anymore, thanks in advance for your help.

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
thanks buddy but I Still have a problem. for example '?' button doesn't work ! or in dialer i cant type number (when I press 9 in phone typed 2) or '0' button doesn't work !

my keyboard is : http://www.mobil.se/polopoly_fs/chacha-1-1.477588.html!/image/718219200.jpg

and i flash ita veriosn .

well that is weird... I've just wiped my chacha, flashed SuperOSR, and then flashed the chacha-keypad-ita-signed.zip. Then rebooted.

All the keys you mention were working as expected.

In the dialer I had no problem typing 0123456789. Also, ? was working fine.

I'm afraid you could be using another version of keyboard file (maybe with a similar name, or even the same name, but not suitable for SuperOSR/CM).

Just in case, download this file and try again: http://goo-inside.me/devs/adlx/chacha/keypads/chacha-keypad-ita-signed.zip

Reactions: Ehsan021

Ehsan021

Jul 29, 2008
Unknown
Thanks again buddy .

with your new key mapping '?' button work fine and everything work fine except in dialer .
this is what happen when i try to click on number 1~9
Press > Type
1 > 9
2 > 3
3 > 7
4 > 7
5 > 3
6 > 3
7 > 9
8 > 9
9 > 2
0 > 0

Last edited:

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
Your last version ....

In Stock version Everything work fine but in your version and CyanogenMod7 I have a problem .

Well that is weird... I'll have to see if there is anything weird in the kernel for this CID, because I can't explain why it would work fine for me and not for you.

Only difference is my phone is s-off while yours isn't (I guess), and keeps it's CID.

Reactions: Ehsan021

hakukamatata

Mar 12, 2012
Istanbul
ChaCha Turkish Keymap

I've regular keymap problem.
When i have on a dial, i can not enter numerical keys correctly.

This is what I've done steps as you explain.

I'm from Turkey. And I've installed "chacha-keypad-tur-signed.zip" file from recovery menu.

Nothing was changed. While on a dial entering keypad numbers stil incorrect. Also i could not dialpad on touchscreen, because; close call buttons in front of numbers.

This is my wrong keymap combinations;

1 - 9
2 - 3
3 - 7
4 - 7
5 - 3
6 - 3
7 - 9
8 - 9
9 - 2
0 - 0

But maybe related;
I dont know my CID number. I've tried CID getter from market. I could not see my CID number in long-list.
(PS: I unlocked with htcdev then rooted via regular tools. Now my device is showing S-ON , but showing UNLOCKED at top of bootscreen)

Can you modify turkish keymap file ?

Thanks in advance

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
I've regular keymap problem.
When i have on a dial, i can not enter numerical keys correctly.

This is what I've done steps as you explain.

I'm from Turkey. And I've installed "chacha-keypad-tur-signed.zip" file from recovery menu.

Nothing was changed. While on a dial entering keypad numbers stil incorrect. Also i could not dialpad on touchscreen, because; close call buttons in front of numbers.

Can you modify turkish keymap file ?

Thanks in advance

It should be fixed now, please try this new file: chacha-keypad-tur-signed.zip

Reactions: hakukamatata

bungphe

May 12, 2008
Updated HK version, per request of a user.

Those files are for SuperOSR or CM roms only. Better ask the dev of your rom for support.

I also have Asian WWE ChaCha with SuperOSR, I install stdeng keymap but still can not enter "0" in the dialer. It requires pressing FN + SYM for "0" in dialer, numbers 1 to 9 do not require pressing FN
What is wrong with it?

Jul 9, 2010
Pompei
well that is weird... I've just wiped my chacha, flashed SuperOSR, and then flashed the chacha-keypad-ita-signed.zip. Then rebooted.

All the keys you mention were working as expected.

In the dialer I had no problem typing 0123456789. Also, ? was working fine.

I'm afraid you could be using another version of keyboard file (maybe with a similar name, or even the same name, but not suitable for SuperOSR/CM).

Just in case, download this file and try again: http://goo-inside.me/devs/adlx/chacha/keypads/chacha-keypad-ita-signed.zip

Man, i have flashed the ita-signed fix but the button to the right of the "fn" doesn't work, always it doesn't make a symbol and/or a function (like the vocal). The only thing that i need to write is the * but i would not mind if it works fine in all cases. Thanks for support :)

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
Man, i have flashed the ita-signed fix but the button to the right of the "fn" doesn't work, always it doesn't make a symbol and/or a function (like the vocal). The only thing that i need to write is the * but i would not mind if it works fine in all cases. Thanks for support :)

Ok, I believe I see the issue, but there are two posibilities. Please install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aws.apps.keyeventdisplay&hl=es and tell me, on your phone, what is the scancode of the key at the right of the FN key.

Just run the app and then press the key. It will say scancode=???.

munishjoshi

Jan 10, 2011
jalandhar
THis thread is for people having key mapping issues with SuperOSR or CM:

If you have unlocked your Chacha using HTCdev unlock, install https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result, run the app to get your CID, then see in the following list the correspondig word.

For example, for CID HTC__044 it would be "steng".

Go to that page: http://goo.im/devs/adlx/chacha/keypads/

Get and flash: chacha-keypad-steng-signed.zip

If you did S-Off, you probably lost your CID, anyway you can try those patches. Name are pretty obvious anyway (countries).

keypad: CID:

ell <= ??;
fra <= HTC__203, HTC__247, ORANG202, VODAP203, VODAP204;
ara <= HTC__J15;
esn <= HTC__304, VODAP304, VODAPD18, BSTAR301, ORANG309;
ger <= HTC__102, O2___102, ORANG216, VODAP102, VODAP110, VODAP120;
ita <= HTC__405, TIM__401;
rus <= HTC__A07;
hk <= ??;
nor <= HTC__Y13;
tur <= HTC__M27;
bopomo <= HTC__621;
cn <= HTCCN701;
aw <= CWS__001; (HTC Status)
tai <= HTC__053;
steng <= HTC__044, HTC__622;

none? <= HTC__001, HTC__016, HTC__032, VIRGI001, HTC__E11, HTC__038, H3G__001, O2___001, ORANG001, ORANGB10, T-MOB005, VODAP001, VODAPE17, VODAP006, HTC__N34;

If you have issues, missing keys or such, please install KeyEvent Display and tell me, on your phone, what is the scancode of the key, what it does, and what it should do.
MINE IS HTC_38......
WHAT SHOULD I DO????

My Fn+P is ~----orignal is Fn+P=@
Fn+Y is @----orignal is Fn+Y=£

Reactions: adlx.xda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THis thread is for people having key mapping issues with SuperOSR or CM:

If you have unlocked your Chacha using HTCdev unlock, install https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result, run the app to get your CID, then see in the following list the correspondig word.

For example, for CID HTC__044 it would be "steng".

Go to that page: http://goo.im/devs/adlx/chacha/keypads/

Get and flash: chacha-keypad-steng-signed.zip

If you did S-Off, you probably lost your CID, anyway you can try those patches. Name are pretty obvious anyway (countries).

keypad: CID:

ell <= ??;
    fra <= HTC__203, HTC__247, ORANG202, VODAP203, VODAP204;
    ara <= HTC__J15;
    esn <= HTC__304, VODAP304, VODAPD18, BSTAR301, ORANG309;
    ger <= HTC__102, O2___102, ORANG216, VODAP102, VODAP110, VODAP120;
    ita <= HTC__405, TIM__401;
    rus <= HTC__A07;
    hk <= ??;
    nor <= HTC__Y13;
    tur <= HTC__M27;
    bopomo <= HTC__621;
    cn <= HTCCN701;
    aw <= CWS__001; (HTC Status)
    tai <= HTC__053;
    steng <= HTC__044, HTC__622;

none? <= HTC__001, HTC__016, HTC__032, VIRGI001, HTC__E11, HTC__038, H3G__001, O2___001, ORANG001, ORANGB10, T-MOB005, VODAP001, VODAPE17, VODAP006, HTC__N34;

If you have issues, missing keys or such, please install KeyEvent Display and tell me, on your phone, what is the scancode of the key, what it does, and what it should do.
    hi, I installed the "bopomo" package (due to my cid). The keypad works great in almost every screen.. but I have a problem on the dialer.

When I enter a number, let's say "3" - it inputs a completely different number (6). When I input "1", I get "7", etc.

Is there a fix to this available? Would replacing the dialer APK fix this?

//pxd

I have updated the bopomo patch. please download again ;).
    Hi,
    i have qwertz layout, cid is gone cause i flashed with goldcard to manage the htcdev RUU.

I'll try to flash it via cwm and report if it works.

Is there anything else to attend?

Thanks for all the archivements so far. The roms are very nice. Will enjoy them, when kb works.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Hi,
    i have qwertz layout, cid is gone cause i flashed with goldcard to manage the htcdev RUU.

I'll try to flash it via cwm and report if it works.

Is there anything else to attend?

Thanks for all the archivements so far. The roms are very nice. Will enjoy them, when kb works.

I'm fckn happy, first method for me to get the kb working, after playing all night with file permissions and layout changes.

umlaute are working, @ at the right place... nice, really nice.
    only thing, that is a bit twisted is the dialer. when typing a number with hw-keyboard without fn-key pressed, the numbers are all mixed up,
    e.g. the x key(8) gives me a 9
    the r(3) leads to a 7.

when entering sim pin, the layout is all correct.

Any idea, which file to modify for that

And thanks again, great work so far.
    Cool, I'm glad it helped. Yeah,I know what is wrong with the dialer... I fixed it in the default I've, but it seems I forgot to fix it on the I other :/. OK That goes in the to-do list :)
    (?) button in Arabic layout

i am asking if {(?) scan code (105)}
    button is coded to type (?) symbol only.
    because in Arabic layout with this keyboard it supposed to type ( ط) and (?)
    can you fix that