Thread Closed

[ROM]<< Artemis HD2 v73.0 >>[WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|ELL|SPA|PTG|RUS|NLD|NOR|SVE|DAN] WEH6.5

OP sternas

4th May 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #41381  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,620

6,898 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mregls

Here are just my 2cents.
I still use my HD2 (with Android) and will do so until it dies. I have test driven the One X, which is an absolutely magnificent device and will be my replacement. With regards between Windows Mobile 6.x and Android, I prefer Android a million times more. It is maybe not so stable on the HD2 (keeping in mind the device was developed for Windows Mobile) but on the One X it is strong an stable and highly customizable. The only reason I would go back to Windows Mobile is for nostalgia and... well there is no other reason. There is nothing that Windows Mobile does for me ME that Android does not do as well and better.
I am glad that the hardcore Windows Mobile users still have Artemis although it seems it is coming to an end as its user base seems to drop. I am sure there will be many feisty "not true comments" to this but it is inevitable.
Anyway, just my 2cts.

You know I'm an Artemis addict for a very long time now and this will stay so for as long as Sir Sternas makes news ROM's for the HD2, but I'm not blind, so I will not comment with the "not true comments". IMO, you're right all the way. The One X is a fabulous device and Android, certainly with ICS, has matured in a gigantic way. I also observe that users make other choices than Artemis ROM and that the time lapse between new Artemis versions is getting longer and longer, but nevertheless as long as my HD2 is still alive, it will be equipped with Artemis ROM without any doubt . Yes, I also use ICS Android SD ROM on my HD2 to get accustomed to it, but this is still a hell lot of a difference to using a real Android device like the HTC One X. I'm also convinced that when my HD2 dies, Android will be the next OS and certainly the One X!!!!

best regards, Kuzibri - Artemis addicct since version 9!!!!!!!
5th May 2012, 06:29 AM   |  #41382  
Germany
Thanks Meter: 14

116 posts
time to say goodbye
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzibri

You know I'm an Artemis addict for a very long time now and this will stay so for as long as Sir Sternas makes news ROM's for the HD2, but I'm not blind, so I will not comment with the "not true comments". IMO, you're right all the way. The One X is a fabulous device and Android, certainly with ICS, has matured in a gigantic way. I also observe that users make other choices than Artemis ROM and that the time lapse between new Artemis versions is getting longer and longer, but nevertheless as long as my HD2 is still alive, it will be equipped with Artemis ROM without any doubt . Yes, I also use ICS Android SD ROM on my HD2 to get accustomed to it, but this is still a hell lot of a difference to using a real Android device like the HTC One X. I'm also convinced that when my HD2 dies, Android will be the next OS and certainly the One X!!!!

best regards, Kuzibri - Artemis addicct since version 9!!!!!!!

there is nothing to be added

time to say goodbye
5th May 2012, 10:35 AM   |  #41383  
Flag 83
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
I'm Artemis addict too, and I will still have my hd2 nearby and install a new version if it comes out. I'm using some progs since long years and it is really enough for me, like shazam, Igo (not sure I will get it to work with android ...). I like the all in one way, who thought long years ago when we had some Motorola phones (lol) that one day we will have in our pocket a 130 gr phone that is a video camera, photo camera, a great large GPS, a good flashlight (very usefull), mp3 reader, internet on board ... ?
I like the way one X is making pictures, slowmotion, pics on video already made or in live, 8mg pix quality, large screen ... but ... I love the way I can change my batterie, I use the phone hardly and need sometimes 3 bateries in a day when I'm out, can't do that with one x
Would be great to have a one x with artemis and windows
my 2 cents ...
5th May 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #41384  
Recognized Contributor

6,898 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiner1111

time to say goodbye

only when my HD2 dies

best regards, Kuzibri
The Following User Says Thank You to kuzibri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 10:28 PM   |  #41385  
Flag 83

18 posts
Quote:

only when my HD2 dies

it will never die, mine droped hundred times on the floor and only once I broke the glass ... it's just a good phone
The Following User Says Thank You to p0p0v83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #41386  
Germany
Thanks Meter: 14

116 posts
me too
Quote:

only when my HD2 dies

best regards, Kuzibri

best regards dear my best supporter
The Following User Says Thank You to heiner1111 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2012, 07:18 AM   |  #41387  
Recognized Developer
Whoville
Thanks Meter: 3,059

1,114 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0p0v83

it will never die, mine droped hundred times on the floor and only once I broke the glass ... it's just a good phone

Haha, so true, I've dropped my phone from the first floor on to hard concrete once, while using it in the balcony, Just had a few scratches on the chasis and battery cover (that too without any case/protection). I was truely amazed to see that the screen had no scratches at all and nothing was broken, fixed the battery cover by applying a decal

Also the reason why i won't be trusting my money with samsung for a long time to come.
6th May 2012, 09:03 AM   |  #41388  
Flag 83

18 posts
because it's Artemis protected !
The Following User Says Thank You to p0p0v83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2012, 10:32 AM   |  #41389  
Thanks Meter: 152

827 posts
More
Hello everybody,

it's been a long time, since i posted something to this thread...
...but I never stopped reading and help was also given by others (and espacially by the one we all know very well ).

I had to switch to Nandroid about Christmas for some business tests.
SD-Andoid was no option for long time tests and buying a Adroid-phone was to expensive, if the tests wouldn't result in success.
I tested many different Android-ROMS for our HD2 until I found a relative stable one.
But there were some things I had to learn: battery consumption is higher, synchronizing with Outlook is an adventure if you also try to synchronize with google, appointments are without categories and so on.

After the tests were successful I had to make a decision: switching back to Artemis and losing the needed apps and functions, keeping Nandroid
or how i acted, switching back to Artemis for private use and buying a Android-phone for business use.

But there was the next decision: which device to buy!
An elderly model but cheap, single, dual or quad core, small and handy or big and eye-friendly, sd-card slot or built-in memory, camera resolution, ...?

After a few weeks of reading tech specs, tests and customer reports I had four devices to choose from: HTC One S, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S2 or Samsung Galaxy Note
And after spending an afternoon at the cell phone shop of my confidence playing with all four devices at the same time I chose the HTC One S.

This was a personal decision according to my needs.

Sorry for being off topic, but after I read the last few pages I thought to share my experiences with the Artemis family.

Best regards
Uli
The Following User Says Thank You to uli71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2012, 12:04 PM   |  #41390  
Recognized Contributor

6,898 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli71

Hello everybody,

it's been a long time, since i posted something to this thread...
...but I never stopped reading and help was also given by others (and espacially by the one we all know very well ).

After a few weeks of reading tech specs, tests and customer reports I had four devices to choose from: HTC One S, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S2 or Samsung Galaxy Note
And after spending an afternoon at the cell phone shop of my confidence playing with all four devices at the same time I chose the HTC One S.

This was a personal decision according to my needs.

Sorry for being off topic, but after I read the last few pages I thought to share my experiences with the Artemis family.

Best regards
Uli

Hi Uli,

thanks for sharing. Just out of curiosity: why the One S and not the One X?

best regards, Kuzibri
Last edited by kuzibri; 6th May 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vouj
Previous Thread Next Thread