Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade SPL from 5.12

Tip us?

dcscorpio76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Default [Q] Downgrade SPL from 5.12

Hello All,

I've read a lot of forums as to installing custom roms and I'm still lost. I haven't tried anything yet cause I'm too chicken to experiment and possibly kill my phone. Long story short, I still would like to install a custom rom to mainly get free wifi tethering.

I noticed in most of the forums that the only way to even begin the process is to downgrade to SPL 4.xxx. I don't have a restore point in Zuncee cause my pc crashed a month ago. Is the only way for me to downgrade from 5.xxx to 4.xxx, is by the goldcard method or is there a work around? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

viper08
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcscorpio76 View Post
Hello All,

I've read a lot of forums as to installing custom roms and I'm still lost. I haven't tried anything yet cause I'm too chicken to experiment and possibly kill my phone. Long story short, I still would like to install a custom rom to mainly get free wifi tethering.

I noticed in most of the forums that the only way to even begin the process is to downgrade to SPL 4.xxx. I don't have a restore point in Zuncee cause my pc crashed a month ago. Is the only way for me to downgrade from 5.xxx to 4.xxx, is by the goldcard method or is there a work around? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi there,

I was in the same situation you are now! Last week on Tuesday I brought a HD7 from ebay and thought it would be as easy to install custom rom as my HD2.....after reading the forums here it was anything else! But still by Wednesday I had custom ROM on my phone (im using deepshining). The only method I tried and what worked was the Goldcard method. I made my own Y cable and followed the instructions on the Goldcard thread. I found this video on youtube quite useful as well!

Any questions just ask me ill try to help as much as I can. I did find it tough to work out at first but when you have a custom ROM installed its like a new phone!

Viper08

husam666
Old
Thanks Meter 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcscorpio76 View Post
Hello All,

There's nothing you can do, except gold card, it's safe and easy, no need to be afraid
HTC HD7S Thanks to xda off-topic members
Deepshining ROM 7.8
SPL: 3.1 The Hard Kind
Radio: Meh, too long to copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raving_nanza View Post
Android is for kids/teenagers
Cheers

cp13
Old
(Last edited by cp13; 15th May 2012 at 01:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi dcscorpio76,

I am currently also in the same boat as you.

I have SPL 5.12... and also want to downgrade.

I have no backup to revert to as i recently wiped my PC and never kept my old WP backups.

After lots of reading (and im still not 100% on the process so will likely read some more) I intend to downgrade my SPL and then flash an 'unlocked' version of UK trophy rom. From what i have read i think im going to have to use the 'gold card' method so i will be buying a few bits (cables, usb gender changer etc.) When i have all the things (i believe) i need i will write back here on what i do and where it gets me.

I have a 10 nokia that i still love and i wouldn't be all that bothered if i had to use it. Why not wait until i have flashed mine (over the next couple of days i think) so that you dont risk bricking your device that you may still rely on?

I dont totally dislike my WP, its just that i want to breathe a new lease of life into it. I would like to customise the UI and play with some homebrew apps.

One thing i dont really intent to explore is running apps that should be paid for in the marketplace as im a believer in paying a good price for good apps. So i wont be answering any questions on that.

If you have already gone ahead and tinkered i'd be interested in any info you may have.

Thanks
cp13

cp13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Complete

Went fairly well have got HSPL (thanks to DFT) & custom ROM installed which seems well built to me (thanks to ansar)

Im far too tired to explain issues etc now so will do a write up tomorrow

cp13

everest.deth
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Alright guys,

So I am pretty much on the same scenario you guys are, I am coming from several rooted Android devices and expected this to be much easier

Here's my HTC info:

Name: HTC HD7
Model: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Software: Windows Phone 7.5
OS Version: 7.10.8107.79
Radio SW: 5.71.09.02a_22.51.50.21U
Radio HW: A.12.0.D4
Bootloader: 5.12.2250.0(135916)

I was reading this Thread but apparently I need to use a Y USB cable, in order to flash a Goldcard ROM since I first need to DOWNGRADE my Bootloader version. I am a bit more than lost when it comes to figuring out where to start. Just BTW: It is a stock build, the phone got the OTA update.

Ultimately I need to have a Custom ROM that supports Multiple Languages, as well as no carrier branding :P

Any suggestions, in plain english?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
Rule # 1 of crackflashers: Do not talk about the changelog

Devices:
HTC Glacier, CM7 and Faux's Kernel - Sold
LG - P999, CM7, Oclocked - Rooted - Sold
Samsung Captivate - Ice Cream Sandwich love
Motorola Atrix - CM7 Weekly #4m _Faux OC - Sold
B&N Acclaim - Alpha 0 CM9

If i Helped you, hit thanks

Follow me on Twitter Twitter or Google Plus

ruscik
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I am waiting for my HD7 replacement so might be in the same situation. Would it not be possible to enter bootloader and them flash pre nodo original rom?
HTC One in Silver.
Nexus 7 WiFi (1st Gen)
Reacquired my old love HTC HD2.

R.I.P "Super Sic" we will remember you.

sirajgoku
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Goldcard by viperbjk is the easiest and the safest method so far to downgrade our bootloaders....i was on 5.11 and I did the goldcard method and it went on smooth like butter!! I'm currently on bootloader 3.1(HSPL) and flashed the deepshinig v7.6 and I'm loving my phone right now
Just follow the guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=893152

Good luck! And happy flashing!!

The Following User Says Thank You to sirajgoku For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]