Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Tip us?

djcrosstunez
Old
Thanks Meter 1
After 24 hours of testing i had just 2 problems. No sound and no autobacklight
Everything else works flawless including WIFI, GPS and finnaly my camera works awesome nice work!

I'm on the latest kernel 3.3.4, running on a rhod100.

I will upload logs in the afternoon.

ObviousMan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've been running this release on Sprint CDMA Rhod since last week with the kernel pack that was the latest at the time (the one before 3.3.4). I've been happy as BT was apparently working, not very well, but I actually made a dozen plus calls with BT, and it was fine. Kind of, because after sleep it would not always recognize that the earpiece was there to connect to, or in couple of occasions when I turned on the earpiece the phone would completely freeze.
Then yesterday all heck broke loose. 1st the phone got completely unresponsive, i.e. no reaction of any kind on any key press. I was not home to see if was really dead by hooking ADB, so I did the battery pull.
After that stuck in bootani for 5+ minutes. Another battery pull, it booted, but would FC everything. Shutdown then reboot. Stuck in bootani, booted after 2 more tries, everything FC again. I checked then and saw 3.3.4 kernel. Put it on, wiped data, put original rootfs on and tried to start from scratch. As I posted in kernel thread, it would not go through initial boot getting stuck on calibration, as if ts-calibration file was not in the directory. After that I reverted to 3.3.2 and it went through, though I made no attempts to use BT for now.

detule
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcrosstunez View Post
After 24 hours of testing i had just 2 problems. No sound and no autobacklight
Sound is an issue on your end -> make sure you have followed the csv directions to the "t".

Auto backlight on rhod 100 - Make sure you boot with auto-backlight OFF in winmo. Even then, I am not sure if anyone has ever tested auto-backlight on RHOD100 -> i know you guys have funky panels. As far as i know, it's been tested to work on 210 and above. Perhaps test to see if it works for you on .27 - should be similar as in 3.x, same mechanism is used in both kernels. If it doesn't work then someone needs to do some haret tracing in winmo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousMan View Post
After that stuck in bootani for 5+ minutes. Another battery pull, it booted, but would FC everything. Shutdown then reboot. Stuck in bootani, booted after 2 more tries, everything FC again. I checked then and saw 3.3.4 kernel. Put it on, wiped data, put original rootfs on and tried to start from scratch. As I posted in kernel thread, it would not go through initial boot getting stuck on calibration, as if ts-calibration file was not in the directory. After that I reverted to 3.3.2 and it went through, though I made no attempts to use BT for now.
Bluetooth hasn't made it to 3.3.x. It's on my phone I just need to find time to run down to my car and see if pairing works fine. If for whatever reason you need bluetooth, probably 3.2.x is your best bet.

Impossible to tell re: any of your other problems -> you've supplied no logs, and the solution to these problems isn't obvious ObviousMan. FCs and stuck in bootani usually means issues with your data.img. However you are starting with a clean slate and still experiencing these problems, could be that your sdcard is dying. No idea.

eik
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I tried out GBX0C. Phone runs smoothly, camera works. Unfortunately the problem still exists that the phone loses internet connection in low signal areas (commuting by train). Sometimes it can be fixed with airplane mode on/off, but often it requires a reboot.
Let me know if logs would be of any help (but I understood this is a known bug already).

Also I had the phone freeze completely on charging twice now.

Kernel 3.3.4
Rhod 100 uk /AUO

ObviousMan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
Bluetooth hasn't made it to 3.3.x. It's on my phone I just need to find time to run down to my car and see if pairing works fine. If for whatever reason you need bluetooth, probably 3.2.x is your best bet.

Impossible to tell re: any of your other problems -> you've supplied no logs, and the solution to these problems isn't obvious ObviousMan. FCs and stuck in bootani usually means issues with your data.img. However you are starting with a clean slate and still experiencing these problems, could be that your sdcard is dying. No idea.
Good to know that BT was not even suppose to work in 3.3.x
I tried 2 different SD cards (8gb class 4, 16gb class 10 - pretty much brand new), both formatted with HP tool. Yes, I gave up quickly and went back to 3.2 as I needed to use the phone and could not get to U/L logs.
Once 3.3.x with your BT update will make it into the build, I will try to do a proper debug if it starts going sideways. For now, sticking with 3.2.x
Thanks.
OM

agibby5
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
For MMS, did you setup an APN?
FWIW, I cannot get the APN setting to save... anyone else?

Stijnjits
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Any more people who have trouble getting the phone asleep in GBX0C? I installed LedRegime to check if the phone went to sleep, but it seems it is almost the whole time awake. Well, that explains the bad battery life...
On FRX07 the phone was a real Sleaping Beauty... Logs needed?
Phone: Rhodium 100
Greetings from Belgium!

walter79
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,489

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijnjits View Post
Any more people who have trouble getting the phone asleep in GBX0C? I installed LedRegime to check if the phone went to sleep, but it seems it is almost the whole time awake. Well, that explains the bad battery life...
Use CpuSpy to check deepsleep.
My roms, fixed-sbf, kernel:
Mirror 1 (Dev-Host)
Mirror 2 (MS-onedrive)

My custom kernel source: GITHUB

HTC LEO: Dualboot Omnirom and Evervolv - Android 4.4.4
HTC Rhodium: CM7.2 - Android 2.3.7
Huawei Mediapad hws7300u: Android 4.4.4
Motorola Defy: Dualboot MS2Ginger 5.1 + Quarx-CM-11.0
Motorola Moto G:
modded stock Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy S: Omnirom - Android 4.4.4

Rhobuntu: https://sites.google.com/site/rhobuntu/
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=VNEELS79XLXNJ

Stijnjits
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter79 View Post
Use CpuSpy to check deepsleep.
Hmm... CPU Spy tells me the following:
Time in state:
528MHz: 15%
245MHz: 84%
Unused CPU states:
122MHz, Deep Sleep

So it does seem that the phone doesn't go to sleep...
Logs are here
Phone: Rhodium 100
Greetings from Belgium!

Caldair
Old
Thanks Meter 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijnjits View Post
I was having similar issues getting the phone to enter deep sleep, and after a day of testing it became apparent that my rhod100 wouldn't sleep if wifi was set to on, regardless of the wifi sleep policy (ie. When Screen Off). If I manually toggle wifi and then turn the screen off the device would sleep almost immediately. Sooo this was good to know but not good news as I don't use data and need wifi for everything. But I installed a program from the market called GreenPower free which can override androids inbuilt sleep policy for wifi and control when the wifi sleeps and wakes (and can control syncing schedule and data connection - haven't tested the latter)
For me after setting up GreenPower the way I wanted my phone now goes to sleep (deep sleep, xdaledregime green light) within minutes of turning the screen off and stays that way until wifi comes on after 1 hour and stays on for 2 min for sync, etc then deep sleeps again, and repeat!

The other day I was getting about 5 hours of screen off before battery died now I just got 13 hours of light to moderate usage and some periods of deep sleep on an incomplete charge (about 1.5 hours) from within Android.

This is on the latest kernel 3.3.4 (may 1) and latest bundle GB0XC (may 3), I don't know if this problem was unique to my device or if it may be similar to problems that others are experiencing but hopefully this helps some of you out like it has me.

As of now this old beauty just got a new lease on life as this is the first time I have found an Android build for the rhodium that can last a day off the juice.

Huge thanks to ALL the developers involved in XDAndroid and specifically to Detule and Arrrghhh for all their work on the MSM72whatever branch of the project!