Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][V3.1][06/07/12] 26.13.04.19 Radio lib-ril/gps .so updater-CM9 & AOKP based ROMs

Tip us?

EdKeys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinny View Post
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength

have been removed from build.prop

and replaced with

rild.libpath=/system/lib/librilswitch.so
rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so

afaik all of the ganril stuff and rilswitch is only used by wifi calling (that doesn't work anyway)

the ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength bit missing is why your signal strength is not updating though.

Nick.
Thanks Nick, was trying to hunt that down. I appreciate it. BTW, I've been trying to get wifi calling to work, but no luck yet.
Phone: SGH-T889
ROM: Conch Republic Edition 3D F2FS
PDA version: T889UVUCMK7
Baseband version: T889UVUCMK7
Bootloader version: T889UVBMD1
Android version: 4.3
Kernel version: 3.0.999

EdKeys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenMaKo View Post
Tried it with [ROM][02-05-12][ICS|CM9] CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0 BETA 3 [Unofficial].

Signal was better before using those RILs so i restored my old ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnoo View Post
well for me it works only in some way... battery life is great and all but: signal strength is always six bars = full (on andromadus six bar mod) and two bars on the 5 bars setting... settings show signal str of 0 dbm and 97 asu... no matter if im in city centre or in, lets say bunker... any ideas how to fix this?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
There was a line missing in the modded build.prop so the signal strength wasn't showing correctly in the notification bar. It's been updated here. Move the updated build.prop to your system folder and reboot.

Aumkar
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I'll be testing this over the next few days. On CM7 it worked wonders for me but I just got wind of this thread after the OP posted about it in the Audacity thread. I'll be looking at battery life ( I use EDGE, and my battery life is still typically 20-24 hours, which is bad compared to the 36+ I used to get ) and see whether my calls get dropped after switching towers. Also, I'll be looking at EDGE speed with the same towers. Cuz I get crappy EDGE speed. Only good for tweeting and Gtalk.
Galaxy Note 2 - Hurricane ROM v7.0 | Nexus 7 32GB - Stock 4.2.2, Franco kernel r65

patek
Old
Thanks Meter 5
thank you
I flashed Andromadus B3 then I copied your files into their places, after the copy my device lost the pin code (I think it is normal), and started with the boot image.
I get out the battery, and rebooted into the recovery, I made the cleaning, flashed your wipe.zip, but after that I could not reboot
If I chosen the reboot system option, it started again, and again ...
Any idea?

EdKeys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by patek View Post
thank you
I flashed Andromadus B3 then I copied your files into their places, after the copy my device lost the pin code (I think it is normal), and started with the boot image.
I get out the battery, and rebooted into the recovery, I made the cleaning, flashed your wipe.zip, but after that I could not reboot
If I chosen the reboot system option, it started again, and again ...
Any idea?
You'll probably have to reflash Andromadus again. Be sure you copy and place all 6 files to the correct folders as instructed in the OP. If you forget one or put it in the wrong place, your system won't boot.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

XxhTcG2uSERxX
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm using file expert with root, and it says operation failed when copying/paste/overwrite build.prop. am I suppose to mount or something?

TenMaKo
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKeys View Post
There was a line missing in the modded build.prop so the signal strength wasn't showing correctly in the notification bar. It's been updated here. Move the updated build.prop to your system folder and reboot.
K thx. Now it works correctly I had no signal problems but i hope it will improve my battery life.
[B]Phone :[/B
HTC One (M8) (Rooted/S-On)
HTC Desire Z (Rooted/S-Off) (retired)

hendusoone
Old
(Last edited by hendusoone; 7th May 2012 at 03:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
For those of you getting operation failed when copying the files over, make sure you remounted /system as writable.

If using terminal/adb shell:

mount -o remount,rw /system

Then after you do the copy:

mount -o remount,ro /system

I'm not familiar with root explorer, so I'm not sure if it's possible to remount through the app.
Galaxy S4

XxhTcG2uSERxX
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So I used file expert mounted it to read write and then copy and paste build.prop to system and now there isn't a build.prop

EdKeys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565

DONATE TO ME
Updated the OP with a flashable ril and gps driver updater. Flash through recovery along with the efs wipe tool and wipe caches.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to EdKeys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]