Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Tablet S skin.

OP Warren_Orange

2nd May 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Hi.

In thinking about buying one of the gel skins off eBay USA. I've just got the tablet and I'm finding it a bit plasticky and hollow sounding. I'm thinking that a skin might deaden the sound a bit.

Can anyone vouch for the quality of them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soft-Gel-Sil...item33729d73ce

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
3rd May 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #2  
Cat McGowan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 351
 
797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Orange

Hi.

In thinking about buying one of the gel skins off eBay USA. I've just got the tablet and I'm finding it a bit plasticky and hollow sounding. I'm thinking that a skin might deaden the sound a bit.

Can anyone vouch for the quality of them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soft-Gel-Sil...item33729d73ce

Looks good and US $11.99 is not a bad price. Amazon.com has the same item labeled "by Sony" in black (ASIN: B007BXZI2O) and purple (ASIN: B007BXZYPA) for US $7.99 with free Amazon Prime Membership 2-day shipping. Non-Prime standard 3-day shipping is probably US $2.99, but I'm guessing the cost.
3rd May 2012, 01:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Hi Cat.

I'll be shipping to the UK so I need to factor in shipping. The Amazon one just looks like the same one off ebay - it doesn't look Sony branded.

For some bizarre reason I can't find them in the UK at all. Very strange.

They are both roughly the same price so I'll just choose either.



Thanks.
4th May 2012, 12:41 AM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 9
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
i seen that cover but only question is that will the case cover the IR remote on top of the tablet?
4th May 2012, 12:49 AM   |  #5  
Cat McGowan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 351
 
797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meechieballer

i seen that cover but only question is that will the case cover the IR remote on top of the tablet?

I ordered one from Amazon.com and will receive it tomorrow evening. After I install it on the tablet, I will post here to let you know whether or not the skin covers the IR sensor.

Edit: I received and installed the skin. Fits well. None of the tablet's features (power plug, buttons, speakers, etc.) are blocked. And yes, there is a hole for the IR sensor.
Last edited by Cat McGowan; 4th May 2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Update Information
5th May 2012, 01:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Hi Cat.

Please tell me what you think of the skin as I'm close to ordering one myself. Please tell me if its a tight fit (a must) and whether you think that it makes the tablet feel too think.

I really want one to make the tablet feel more solid in the hand. As much as I love Google and hate Apple I really miss the build quality of my old iPad 1. I also think HC is an abomination of an OS - What were Google thinking!!

Look forward to your report and pics would be nice if possible
5th May 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #7  
Cat McGowan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 351
 
797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Orange

Hi Cat.

Please tell me what you think of the skin as I'm close to ordering one myself. Please tell me if its a tight fit (a must) and whether you think that it makes the tablet feel too think. I really want one to make the tablet feel more solid in the hand. As much as I love Google and hate Apple I really miss the build quality of my old iPad 1. I also think HC is an abomination of an OS - What were Google thinking!! Look forward to your report and pics would be nice if possible

I purchased a black skin (ASIN: B007BXZI2O) from Amazon.com, so go to their web site to see photographs. I like the skin. Its color is a perfect dark charcoal. It fits very well and tighly hugs the tablet's form. When I am handling the tablet, the skin does not feel like it is going to fall off and the back part does not feel floppy. It has a good industrial rubber feel and it makes the tablet feel more solid and protected, which is a plus for me because I am an industrial controls engineer and I frequently use my tablet in the field. The skin has openings in all the right places and does not block any of the tablet's features. I feel purchasing the skin was a wise choice.
Last edited by Cat McGowan; 5th May 2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Correct misspelling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat McGowan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Thanks for the update.

Looks like I will be purchasing one ASAP
5th May 2012, 06:35 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
I've just tried to purchase it off Amazon but they don't ship to the UK.

I'll have to purchase the one off ebay. It looks the same but you never know until you get it.
5th May 2012, 06:43 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Just bought the one off ebay. Probably take about 2 weeks to get here. It was just over 11 with the exchange being as it is so can't grumble at the price.

Cheers.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes