[Q] General questions about significance of heat, battery, sense reloading issues
I've been waiting for the SGSIII announcement before deciding on a new phone, and am currently torn between them. I've been reading a lot of the threads here, but naturally for some of the potential issue people are more likely to post if they've actually experienced it so it's hard to tell how significant it is.
BACKGROUND: I first had an HTC Hero and LOVED sense. Then I moved to an original Galaxy S because I love AMOLED screens (I don't care about colour accuracy, I love extreme saturation and contrast). I then moved to the SGS II last year.
However, I have always hated Touchwiz and themed and rommed the heck out of it to look more like stock ICS. I've always looked back at Sense with envy though.
So the following questions are the major things holding my back from a One X:
1) Is heat an issue? My SGS II would get hot on the front with web browsing on max brightness after a while and playing games, and I have the new iPad that gets very toasty, but I wouldn't want anything that can actually be concerning or affect my usage (eg: the need to stop playing games for a while or adjust screen brightness). Also does it warm up when doing non-game tasks like web browsing or general non-game apps?
2) I always use my phone on max brightness, how much screen-on time could I expect on a single charge? Is anyone coming from an SGS II able to comment on if the battery life feels longer or shorter than the SGSII?
3) I've heard a few people complaining of it and experienced it on an in-store demo One X, so how often does Sense like to spend a few seconds reloading after exiting an app? Is it frequent or a rarity?
4) While I'm aware that some One X have creaking / shifting glass at the top edge (an in-store demo model I tried had it), has anyone had it develop over time or should you be able to know out of the box if you have a dud?
5) Does the white model pick up marks / discolouration from sitting in pockets without a case?
Thanks in advance for your help guys.
HTC Hero -> Samsung Galaxy S -> Samsung Galaxy S II -> Samsung Galaxy S III -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505