Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 52,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Glitched AOKP and GB bootloaders

Tip us?

jawman27
Old
(Last edited by jawman27; 16th April 2012 at 06:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Default [Q] Glitched AOKP and GB bootloaders

I wanted to hear everyone's take on this. With all of the recent changes in AOKP and the incorporation of the Glitch kernel, is it still important to be on the GB bootloaders to use all of the Glitch features? I remember reading a little over a month ago about the various bugs, SODs, etc. that were being blamed on the absence of GB bootloaders. I know droidstyle runs fine without them, but do they do anything other than give the Glitch splash screen?
Fascinate History: Stock, Stock Debloated with TB, SC3 w/ stock kernel, SC3 w/ Lean Kernel, SC3 w/ KGB, TSM Res w/ KGB, CM7 w/ Glitch V13.1, AOKP m4, b29, b30, Gummy 1.0, AOKP w/Glitch b32, b34, m5 DEVIOUS, b40 DEVIOUS, m6 DEVIOUS w/Devil, CM10 nightlies, BAKED JB

sarkozy
Old
Thanks Meter 77
The official AOKP builds still have the stock Cyanogenmod kernel, so there's no point in using the Gingerbread bootloader unless you want to. Of course it'd be a good idea to flash it if you're using the Glitch kernel, but it's not a big deal to flash via Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

slackboxed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
nm

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,394

DONATE TO ME
I flashed the gb bootloaders after odining back to stock a couple weeks back....i dont notice anything different other than the glitch splash screen instead of samsung logo.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

pdxcire
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawman27 View Post
I wanted to hear everyone's take on this. With all of the recent changes in AOKP and the incorporation of the Glitch kernel, is it still important to be on the GB bootloaders to use all of the Glitch features? I remember reading a little over a month ago about the various bugs, SODs, etc. that were being blamed on the absence of GB bootloaders. I know droidstyle runs fine without them, but do they do anything other than give the Glitch splash screen?
I didn't notice any difference either but figured with all the experts recommending GB bootloader, what harm? Nothing negative to report. Just the Glitch animation on boot...

bobloblaw1
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Since it's what the kernel is tested on afaik it also eliminates one thing to troubleshoot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

shelby04861
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I always flash it because that is what they call for. That way if I have any problems, I know that I followed the instructions first. Sometimes I wonder if some of the issues people are complaining about are related to this. Probably not, but when most of the people detail their problems and how they did there Odin install, I don't think I recall any of them flashing the gingerbread bootloaders in their install.
I must also note that i have not had any problems ever with aokp.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk