The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Glitched AOKP and GB bootloaders

OP jawman27

16th April 2012, 02:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137

124 posts
I wanted to hear everyone's take on this. With all of the recent changes in AOKP and the incorporation of the Glitch kernel, is it still important to be on the GB bootloaders to use all of the Glitch features? I remember reading a little over a month ago about the various bugs, SODs, etc. that were being blamed on the absence of GB bootloaders. I know droidstyle runs fine without them, but do they do anything other than give the Glitch splash screen?
Last edited by jawman27; 16th April 2012 at 07:58 PM.
17th April 2012, 01:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 77

332 posts
The official AOKP builds still have the stock Cyanogenmod kernel, so there's no point in using the Gingerbread bootloader unless you want to. Of course it'd be a good idea to flash it if you're using the Glitch kernel, but it's not a big deal to flash via Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
4th May 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
More
nm
5th May 2012, 03:28 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,435

6,189 posts
Donate to Me
More
I flashed the gb bootloaders after odining back to stock a couple weeks back....i dont notice anything different other than the glitch splash screen instead of samsung logo.
5th May 2012, 03:34 AM   |  #5  
Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawman27

I wanted to hear everyone's take on this. With all of the recent changes in AOKP and the incorporation of the Glitch kernel, is it still important to be on the GB bootloaders to use all of the Glitch features? I remember reading a little over a month ago about the various bugs, SODs, etc. that were being blamed on the absence of GB bootloaders. I know droidstyle runs fine without them, but do they do anything other than give the Glitch splash screen?

I didn't notice any difference either but figured with all the experts recommending GB bootloader, what harm? Nothing negative to report. Just the Glitch animation on boot...
5th May 2012, 07:30 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 417

1,222 posts
Since it's what the kernel is tested on afaik it also eliminates one thing to troubleshoot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
5th May 2012, 08:19 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 82

475 posts
More
I always flash it because that is what they call for. That way if I have any problems, I know that I followed the instructions first. Sometimes I wonder if some of the issues people are complaining about are related to this. Probably not, but when most of the people detail their problems and how they did there Odin install, I don't think I recall any of them flashing the gingerbread bootloaders in their install.
I must also note that i have not had any problems ever with aokp.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread