Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official ASUS Thread - ICS Update on TF101 (20-Mar-2012)

Tip us?

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicw View Post
The sound output level has always been low on this device, but it does seem a bit weaker recently. You can boost it pretty nicely with the free Equalizer app. Just be sure to Store your boost settings, and exit the app via the HOME button, instead of the BACK button, so that it continues to work in the background.
Actually, it seems to me that the last two ICS releases (.21 and .24) actually INCREASED the volume output noticeably - but like someone said, it's kind of subjective....

FYI - Current uptime with .24: 32 hours, 19 hours deep-sleep - VERY promising!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

rxnelson
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev1775 View Post
I appreciate jtrosky's updates with regard to the beta testing of the new release. It is nice knowing that someone is sharing info. I didn't even take the last update because I wanted to see where things went and it seems they went downhill, fast.

I would also like to see a detailed change log of fixes, issues resolved and several other of these beta testers results before I take an update.
What am I, chopped liver?
The Following User Says Thank You to rxnelson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bsoplinger
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Actually, it seems to me that the last two ICS releases (.21 and .24) actually INCREASED the volume output noticeably - but like someone said, it's kind of subjective....
+1
I thought the .21 release fixed the ”ICS sound is too low” issue.

Sent from my PG41200 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnelson View Post
I will say every once and again when I try to wake the device with the power button there is a slight delay before waking and I kind of hold my breath for a second...lol
It's funny you say that - I've noticed the same thing on both my Frankenformer setup and the new .24 release - I too hold my breath every time that slight delay appears!! :)

But, it always does come back to life!!

By the way - where are all of the other beta testers?? It seems that only me and @rxnelson are reporting anything....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

*Detection*
Old
Thanks Meter 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoplinger View Post
+1
I thought the .21 release fixed the ”ICS sound is too low” issue.

Sent from my PG41200 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
.11 was the first ICS that was buggy I believe (I forget what was initially wrong, RR's and waking up I think)

.13 was meant to fix it but broke the volume

.19 Fixed the volume but not the reboots

.21 Didn't fix anything, it made everything that was wrong, worse

just lou
Old
Thanks Meter 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post

By the way - where are all of the other beta testers?? It seems that only me and @rxnelson are reporting anything....
I agree. Someone leak the beta so more of us can help.

vicw
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection* View Post
.11 was the first ICS that was buggy I believe (I forget what was initially wrong, RR's and waking up I think)

.13 was meant to fix it but broke the volume

.19 Fixed the volume but not the reboots

.21 Didn't fix anything, it made everything that was wrong, worse
RE the volume thing. I don't have any objective reading on that, and I haven't tried to carefully compare it from one release to another, so I wouldn't take my previous comment too seriously.

I've always felt that the volume on my TF is anemic, one of the very few negatives on it.

Interesting that as I was reading the first post on my laptop about the TF volume being too low, my wife handed me the TF (it's technically hers), with the complaint that she couldn't hear her videos on YouTube very well, which is when I installed and set up the Equalizer app, then posted my response.

*Detection*
Old
Thanks Meter 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicw View Post
RE the volume thing. I don't have any objective reading on that, and I haven't tried to carefully compare it from one release to another, so I wouldn't take my previous comment too seriously.

I've always felt that the volume on my TF is anemic, one of the very few negatives on it.

Interesting that as I was reading the first post on my laptop about the TF volume being too low, my wife handed me the TF (it's technically hers), with the complaint that she couldn't hear her videos on YouTube very well, which is when I installed and set up the Equalizer app, then posted my response.
Heh, spooky

The volume problem was not system wide, and it didn't seem to effect everyone, it was media files such as videos and mp3's that had about 10% of the normal volume making it impossible to watch a movie and too quiet to listen to music
Droid: TF101
HW: B4O
ROM: KatKiss KitKat

KatKiss Dev / Stable
Kat Kernel
Kat App
Gapps
-----
EasyFlasher Root / Recovery
Peri Root/Recovery
-----

ssl123
Old
Thanks Meter 49
The Gmail issue is not an isolated issue:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1555164

The problem can also extend to several of Google's own apps, not just Gmail. There are scattered posts on the subject.

septijo
Old
(Last edited by septijo; 6th May 2012 at 01:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd.bx View Post
It likely won't fix your problem. Random reboots are mostly caused by damaged hardware due to overheating (think Xbox 360 Rod). In that case only a replacement of the faulty part will solve the issue. Note how ASUS failed to provide more information on the root cause of the problem - replacing all the faulty TF101's motherboard would likely cost a bunch of money.
my B60 TF101 9.2.1.21 becomes worse.. yesterday it was reboot every time it goes to standby.

So, using nvflash, I flashed my B60 TF101 WW back to HoneyComb 8.6.5.13.
No reboot anymore, no SOD. So I guess, there are no damaged hardware / overheating.
Seems to me that the problems caused by some memory leaks / infinite loop / others bug somewhere on the unstable firmware, not the hardware.

Tags
tf101, transformer