Tip us?

lordxentris
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Question [q] gold 2430mah battery for samsung i9000 galaxy s

Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOLD-2430MAH-BATTERY-SAMSUNG-I9000-GALAXY-S-/190645284732?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c63582f7c#ht_2892wt_1270
Has anyone come across this before? Any reviews? Is this the Slim one?
These are not the droids you are looking for...
~ PC Help ~

Click "Thanks" to those who deserve it.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordxentris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darkangels6sic6
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I have never heard of this, but it looks amazing! Thank you. I'm gonna ask the seller. Seeming that the description claims it to be a Lithium Polymer battery it is very likely that it is normal sized. In the past I searched around and never found a lithium polymer battery for the Galaxy phones. It would be really nice if all phones had high capacity lithium polymer batteries.

My question is that something for the 19000 battery wise is the same size as all other Galaxy 1 variants correct?
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkangels6sic6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lordxentris
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkangels6sic6 View Post
I have never heard of this, but it looks amazing! Thank you. I'm gonna ask the seller. Seeming that the description claims it to be a Lithium Polymer battery it is very likely that it is normal sized. In the past I searched around and never found a lithium polymer battery for the Galaxy phones. It would be really nice if all phones had high capacity lithium polymer batteries.

My question is that something for the 19000 battery wise is the same size as all other Galaxy 1 variants correct?
Yes, you are right. After some more research @Wikipedia, LiPoly Batteries can have high capacity and can be used safely provided that you use the original chargers and not the cheap Chinese crap. BLE is not needed for them . I might buy one soon, If i do, will update this thread. Wish me luck.
~ PC Help ~

Darkangels6sic6
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxentris View Post
Yes, you are right. After some more research @Wikipedia, LiPoly Batteries can have high capacity and can be used safely provided that you use the original chargers and not the cheap Chinese crap. BLE is not needed for them . I might buy one soon, If i do, will update this thread. Wish me luck.
Well then best of luck to both of us I'm not sure why i couldn't remember at that moment, but any i9000 battery should fit the variants.

dvirs
Old
Thanks Meter 3
BTW guys, why buying from this seller when u have it on ebay.com a lot cheaper and with free delivery?
(I'm not allowed yet to post links so it's search for Item number: 280867655757 on ebay.com)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dvirs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darkangels6sic6
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvirs View Post
BTW guys, why buying from this seller when u have it on ebay.com a lot cheaper and with free delivery?
(I'm not allowed yet to post links so it's search for Item number: 280867655757 on ebay.com)
Oh wow. Thanks a lot. Much cheaper. Now I have to test. Just search for i9000 or Galaxy S 2450mah or 2430mah and find the correct one. This looks legit

lordxentris
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvirs View Post
Thanks Nice, Fine. :P +1

Quote:
Well then best of luck to both of us I'm not sure why i couldn't remember at that moment, but any i9000 battery should fit the variants.
Yes, My current battery is a i9000 battery :P

Quote:
Oh wow. Thanks a lot. Much cheaper. Now I have to test. Just search for i9000 or Galaxy S 2450mah or 2430mah and find the correct one. This looks legit
Well ebay says he's got positive feedback so just keeping my fingers crossed.
~ PC Help ~

sym86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi !

Any feedback about this battery ?

Did you received it in time ?

Is it really better than the 1500 or 1800mAh ?

Thank you

davidgo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default To good to be true I think

I'd also love a battery which claims what this one does at this price, but It seems to good to be true. A bit of Googling shows a review for this battery with 2/2 "average" reviews which show it did not perform as promised (but it did work). There are also some other review sites which say pretty much the same thing. (I'd love to post the URL but can't because I'm a noob. A search for B005O8S4V0 on amazon.co.uk will find this.

Also, I think that if this technology was legit Samsung would have shipped it with the unit itself !!

Pity, I was really hoping it would work. I hate it that all the aftermarket batteries I have purchased sucked compared to the original.

DG
The Following User Says Thank You to davidgo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sym86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yep i've finally bought a 1800mAh PolaCell battery. It seemed more secured to me.

Maybe i'm wrong (I hope for those who bought it) but as you said the 2430mha chinese one is too cheap to be true.

Tags
2430mah, battery, gold, i9000, samsung