Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What next?

Tip us?

hammers4life
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default What next?

Apologies if I'm asking what is more than likely obvious to you experts... I decided to root my Sensation xl today and have succeeded I unlocked bootloader and ran the permaroot on the main thread. My intention is to install a different rom, can I just go ahead and do it or do I have to do something else first? I keep seeing this clockwork mod but not sure if I need to do that? Many thanks

benjamin.j.goodwin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4972

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammers4life View Post
Apologies if I'm asking what is more than likely obvious to you experts... I decided to root my Sensation xl today and have succeeded I unlocked bootloader and ran the permaroot on the main thread. My intention is to install a different rom, can I just go ahead and do it or do I have to do something else first? I keep seeing this clockwork mod but not sure if I need to do that? Many thanks
First of all, I won't be horrible awesome that you've rooted but you've posted in the wrong section. Rather than just flaming you though I will try and help.

Make sure you follow the tutorials. So if you have rooted and done recovery, you need to flash the chinese ROM and boot.img if you haven't already.

Go to this thread and check the information for what you do after rooting and getting Clockwork MOD.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1466436

For your first install you don't have to install RCMix 3D you can choose whatever. Happy flashing!
NEXUS 5 (RED)
BEERGANG BETA
ELEMENTALX

The Following User Says Thank You to benjamin.j.goodwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hammers4life
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I thought I might be in the wrong section lol. Ive been used to been spoon fed by Apple and need to switch my brain back on.....THANKYOU

Gunman84
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
I thought I might be in the wrong section lol. Ive been used to been spoon fed by Apple and need to switch my brain back on.....THANKYOU
Funny

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3093
Quote:
Lol nice laugh this. Yeah after rooting need to flash recovery as that's needed to install custom Roms. After flashing recovery you need Chinese boot.img and Rom of your choice

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

Alsager
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
Lol nice laugh this. Yeah after rooting need to flash recovery as that's needed to install custom Roms. After flashing recovery you need Chinese boot.img and Rom of your choice

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
But in the tutorials you say that the rcmix3d needs to be flashed first for those switching from stock ROM.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA

benjamin.j.goodwin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4972

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsager View Post
But in the tutorials you say that the rcmix3d needs to be flashed first for those switching from stock ROM.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA
It's a suggestion but not a necessity, the reason it instructs to do so is that this is the method followed by many. Plus there were less ROMs then.

By all means do that, or instead of flashing RCMix3D when it says to, just pick one you like and flash.
NEXUS 5 (RED)
BEERGANG BETA
ELEMENTALX

The Following User Says Thank You to benjamin.j.goodwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alsager
Old
(Last edited by Alsager; 5th May 2012 at 10:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
thanks