Votes: 35 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

shane1diamond

Jun 18, 2011
Hawaii
Depends on what your looking for it to do best, each have their own BEST functionality and features personally AmeriCanAndroid is what is usually being used for me personally it works perfectly fine, almost hard to believe the phone wasnt made for that rom. Stable/smooth/battery life/features etc.

ictimai

Apr 20, 2012
AmeriCanAndroid is what is usually being used for me personally it works perfectly fine, almost hard to believe the phone wasnt made for that rom. Stable/smooth/battery life/features etc.
Is it through MAGLDR or clk? Aren't there really any issues and is all hardware-potential functionallity delivered?
To take just first example (of many reported): can you charge the phone when the device is switched off (or battery 100% depleted) or can you boot when is powered just with battery (i.e. with charger plugged off)?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

I have tried many ROMs and found out that the WP7.5 is the best one. And even the battery life is good now, it lasts me for at least 36-40 hours with calling, lighter internet, 30 min gmail sync...
and how about spying? (what we already know from Android and even Bada)
Very stable, and fast. I found that the Android, even Hyperdroid gets laggy after some time, but WP doesn't. And Android on HD2 has too many problems, every ROM has different issues.
So what issues does WP7.5 posses? Please, reply honestly...

BTW If I have many favourite apps from WM6.5 and fully accustomed to (customized either) - may I install them on WP7.5 too? Is there any sort of backward compatibility between WP7.5 and WM6.5?

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Yeh can not charge if loose all battery power .
6.5 apps has no compatibility to 7.5 ...
Wm6.5.x is fantastic in terms of flexibility, customization & real world professional use. Only issue was MS not developing or realizing potential of mobile platform growth & Google being so good at marketing & keeping the bad points hidden ...

ictimai

Apr 20, 2012
Yeh can not charge if loose all battery power
So you can't rely on such a set when battery full discharge (what is pretty usual) means you can do nothing with your phone unless you have any external charger (such that you take away battery from your phone to charge externally), can you?
Wm6.5.x is fantastic in terms of flexibility, customization & real world professional use. Only issue was MS not developing or realizing potential of mobile platform growth
However can we treat WM6.5.x as the ULTIMATE system? Once you install, apply all the tweaks invented so far by "the comunity" and then you can forget about maintance and just USE it!
The endless tamperring with it seems "art for art's sake"...

mario_net

Apr 24, 2012
wp7 no more explanations
it's the best for business and entertainment
not so many trash programs as android

ictimai

Apr 20, 2012
wp7 no more explanations
it's the best for business and entertainment
not so many trash programs as android
So what if somebody has aboundance of his/her favourite applications once purchased for WM6.5 and masterred their use and customization?
You propose now to waste a lot of time and money to buy again the whole bunch of software, but now for the new version of OS, and afterwards spend many weeks to get them to productive state - do you?
It would be good idea to port them all somehow to WP7 but is there any backward compatibilty? If not it is no more than foolish game!

Last edited:

ictimai

Apr 20, 2012
So esy to write such blatant words - but which one? There are so many incarnations...

If you read the previous post dida234 sayd about "ICS with hwa" - ok, it understandable taking into account hardware acceleration not only accelerates but also saves battery.
It is so surprising the hardware acceleration wasn't utilised so far in Android ROMs for HD2 Leo!

So what about Windows Mobile - do WM ROMs have hwa?

Furthermore, please suggest which Android ROM with hwa is the best - meaning: the most stable, the least greedy for hardware resources and battery?

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
So what about Windows Mobile - do WM ROMs have hwa?

Furthermore, please suggest which Android ROM with hwa is the best - meaning: the most stable, the least greedy for hardware resources and battery?

In a manor of speaking, kind of! Lol this was and to a degree still is the biggest problem for wm, in short, drivers for the graphics were never licenced, we eventually got some but they were never official and didn't make full use of the hardware this was a big fail for HTC and QC shouldn't have been so greedy!

Your asking for a stable android platform? Good luck with that :p

Sent from my HD2 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Mithrandix

Dec 28, 2011
Zoetermeer
Well i went this week from HTC Touch to HTC HD2 and i couldnt get it on a better time. With the new release of NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.0(nand) on saturday it runs amazing.

ictimai

Apr 20, 2012
So for now, as I can see there are just 2 'serious' candidates at stake:
- [5.May.2012] NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.4-CM9-HWA V2.0 (Kernel: tytung_HWA_r2)
and
- [07-05-12][ROM] Unofficial AOKP for HD2 [Milestone 5 SE][HWA][4.0.4][securecrt 6.6c]

(am I right? or maybe I missed something?)

Yet in the future we can expect some from Dorimanx - as he promisses on his site to release his own kernel with HWA soon - but specifically when could it happen? :-/

Please, suggest which of them to invest own attention and work in to install?

Is it at all worth installing ROM with HWA, as some people report thus activated GPU consumes additional energy so such ROM drains battery more? (If this is true the ROM developers should provide a fast switch between some kind of 'hardware profiles' - eg. : "fast with HWA enabled" and "energy with HWA disabled")

Last edited:

mainweb

Dec 8, 2010
Frankfurt/Main
what a question. i think everyone must make experience and make test of each OS, after that you can find which Os is best suit you

Top Liked Posts