Hard bricked during CM9 upgrade from UCLD3 Leak?!

OP avus_m3

1st May 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #121  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,039

2,484 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh

Didn't Siyah 3.1r6 fry the SGS2?

To my recollection, ktoonsez's releases went from 3.1 rc5 to 3.1 final.

But what's not clear to me is what releases were based on the SHW-M250L update4 sources that Entropy says was the cause of the bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Only 3.1rc6 is problematic - all other releases are safe.

Last edited by creepyncrawly; 1st May 2012 at 09:52 PM.
2nd May 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #122  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,047

4,452 posts
More
Is this really that hard to comprehend? They wouldn't keep it up to download if they knew it was causing hard bricks. Its gone now. Done. Poof. Good lord people its called common sense. Helpful in situations such as this.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 78

325 posts
In our community there are still CWM repack released for every leak, and it is still unsafe to wipe anything. And people still wipe. You guys are lucky to have a phone similar enough to intl sgs2 that you have source, but I think given what I've read here, I'd probably odin a GB kernel and wipe/flash from there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
2nd May 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #124  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,465

13,346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaxus

In our community there are still CWM repack released for every leak, and it is still unsafe to wipe anything. And people still wipe. You guys are lucky to have a phone similar enough to intl sgs2 that you have source, but I think given what I've read here, I'd probably odin a GB kernel and wipe/flash from there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

darchstar and sbrissen are working on forward-porting your CDMA and WiMAX drivers to the I9100 update4 base - I think they have everything but CDMA and WiMAX working right now.

The international Note has the same issue - leaks are dangerous. Good thing the I9100 update4 source was also usable for Note with not much work.
4th May 2012, 05:24 AM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So since I was an idiot weeks ago and restored my bricked i777 with the broken ucld3 one click..it brought it back from a bad cm9 flash but now all this talk makes me want to downgrade.

Can I use I777UCKH7-CL503881 Stock Binaries from the download repository to restore everything to factory safely?
Last edited by twstd4lfe; 4th May 2012 at 05:37 AM.
4th May 2012, 12:46 PM   |  #126  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,039

2,484 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd4lfe

So since I was an idiot weeks ago and restored my bricked i777 with the broken ucld3 one click..it brought it back from a bad cm9 flash but now all this talk makes me want to downgrade.

Can I use I777UCKH7-CL503881 Stock Binaries from the download repository to restore everything to factory safely?

UCLD3 system isn't a problem, it's only the original UCLD3 kernel. You could flash a safe kernel and then use CWM from there, or to be more careful, you could flash a custom Gingerbread kernel and flash from recovery.

As far as using I777UCKH7-CL503881 from the download repository, if you don't need to flash bootloaders, I would use the one from the return to the store or warranty guide, which doesn't have bootloaders.
4th May 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #127  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly

UCLD3 system isn't a problem, it's only the original UCLD3 kernel. You could flash a safe kernel and then use CWM from there, or to be more careful, you could flash a custom Gingerbread kernel and flash from recovery.

As far as using I777UCKH7-CL503881 from the download repository, if you don't need to flash bootloaders, I would use the one from the return to the store or warranty guide, which doesn't have bootloaders.

Thanks for the info...I went ahead and did the full restore just to be on the safe side and it went thru without a hitch
5th May 2012, 05:45 AM   |  #128  
Thanks Meter: 30

172 posts
Jesus.

Reading this thread makes my noob ass feel like a child sitting around the campfire with a bunch of longtime mobsters, listening to them talk about the guy they just whacked. Except it didn't go exactly as planned, and the guy they whacked wasn't "whacked" right away. He managed to call the cops after overhearing the duo who came to his apartment for the hit talking about their hideout. Their hideout is this campfire and I'm somehow in their company, helplessly waiting for the impending shootout to take place.

That's the sense of horror this thread gave me lol.

I had been using AOKP build 32 for a little while, but for some reason my Temple Run data kept resetting itself and I had to start from scratch (not to mention the fact that it would occasionally freeze my phone and require a battery pull).

Rather than complain to the devs about a little problem with a game, I figured I'd just hop back to a Samsung/AT&T Stock ROM. Naturally I wanted to stay on ICS so I was going to grab the leak and flash it. Luckily the thread had been closed by the time I got there, or... well, you know.

I think I'll stick to 2.3.4 with root for now (despite the infuriating home button lag -- I guess it's better than 2.3.6 and wifi).

tl;dr: As a noob, disaster threads like this terrify me.
6th May 2012, 12:29 AM   |  #129  
Thanks Meter: 146

515 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplague1347

Jesus.

Reading this thread makes my noob ass feel like a child sitting around the campfire with a bunch of longtime mobsters, listening to them talk about the guy they just whacked. Except it didn't go exactly as planned, and the guy they whacked wasn't "whacked" right away. He managed to call the cops after overhearing the duo who came to his apartment for the hit talking about their hideout. Their hideout is this campfire and I'm somehow in their company, helplessly waiting for the impending shootout to take place.

That's the sense of horror this thread gave me lol.

I had been using AOKP build 32 for a little while, but for some reason my Temple Run data kept resetting itself and I had to start from scratch (not to mention the fact that it would occasionally freeze my phone and require a battery pull).

Rather than complain to the devs about a little problem with a game, I figured I'd just hop back to a Samsung/AT&T Stock ROM. Naturally I wanted to stay on ICS so I was going to grab the leak and flash it. Luckily the thread had been closed by the time I got there, or... well, you know.

I think I'll stick to 2.3.4 with root for now (despite the infuriating home button lag -- I guess it's better than 2.3.6 and wifi).

tl;dr: As a noob, disaster threads like this terrify me.

I wouldn't be too worried. Just stay away from the AT&T leaks as whatever AT&T touches seems to come with problems. Just use one of the ROMs based on the i9100 firmware and you'll be fine. There are plenty in our development forum and ported development forum.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread