No registration required

[UPDATE] OTA 9.2.1.21 US - CWM flashable

OP gee one

4th May 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC_Bolts

Does anyone have a cwm flashable zip of the stock kernel that will allow this update. Really don't want to NVFlash back and set everything back up again. Not having any luck finding the stock .17 kernel.

Thank you for any help.

I'd really like to find a way to do this too, except for mine nvflash isn't an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC_Bolts

I will give it a shot, revert to 11, then 17, then the new 21 and restore root with root keeper and see what happens. Will update this post with results later tonight. Wiping only cache and dalvik I assume, or that is what I will try anyways.

Thanks

Did this end up working? It's not ideal to have to go through so many hops just to get a 17 kernel but there doesn't seem to be anything else available yet.

I have bluetooth problems on .17 and I'd really like to see if .21 fixes it, but CWM failed to back up my stock kernel in the backup I made before I installed guevor (which is otherwise perfect except for not letting me install this), so I'm stuck.
4th May 2012, 11:46 PM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 144

363 posts
Here is the .17 stick kernel that someone posted.

I went through the same thing but I had to do .11 to .17 to finally .21 all rooted rom's so I didn't have to root it once I was done. But you do need to put the stock kernel back on and my advice would to do it before going back to the previous rom's that I mentioned here's a link for the stock kernel and good luck.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6js7a4sj4pj7g40

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
4th May 2012, 11:52 PM   |  #63  

14 posts
Sadly I tried that one but it doesn't seem to be the same checksum because I still got the checksum error when trying to use this.
5th May 2012, 12:05 AM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 144

363 posts
Did this end up working? It's not ideal to have to go through so many hops just to get a 17 kernel but there doesn't seem to be anything else available yet.

Sorry I only found that link after getting to .21 the long way. I can confirm it works. Had to flash the full .11 US fully rooted stock ROM, then the .17 zip, then finally the .21 zip. Just wiped cache and dalvik. Made a nandroid of the stock.21 just in case another ota comes out. Then back to guevor test15 for me. It's been working great ever since. Good luck.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Last edited by getbuzzin; 5th May 2012 at 12:08 AM.
5th May 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #65  

14 posts
Yay, I'm finally updated!
I used the file posted here and it worked with no issues at all
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=46
6th May 2012, 06:31 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 10

25 posts
I am having a problem installing this due to the fact that I installed a modified google play apk. I had made a backup of the original with titanium backup but that didn't work. I also tried a number of different apks to get back to stock and none of them have worked so far.

Nevermind, I found it in one of my backups.
Last edited by Nairbly; 8th May 2012 at 09:52 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread