XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]CM9 4.0.4 ICS Liberty[09.Jul.2012]

Tip us?

drumist
Old
Thanks Meter 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwavesurfer4 View Post
hard for me to flash gapps too. I am on at&t and can't set up the htc 2.2.2 ruu because the wizard is only compatible with windows (which i don't have)...anyone out there running gapps on their at&T aria wanna give me a hand on how to flash it?
Matt
Follow my alternative instructions on how to apply the 2.2.2 update here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=145

This method does not require Windows.

cgrucelski
Old
(Last edited by cgrucelski; 6th May 2012 at 04:40 AM.) Reason: Added P.S.
Thanks Meter 3
Default GPS lock

Hey, munjeni.

Is there a known issue with very slow GPS lock (I'm located in southeastern Pennsylvania in US)? I've read through the entire thread and saw a couple of posts very early on in the development of this ROM regarding GPS, but nothing too much since then.

When I start up Google Maps, Google Navigation, Endomondo, or just about any other application that uses GPS for determining location, it seems like the first lock takes 3-5 minutes. Once I have the initial lock in one app, it locks on almost instantly when I start another app.

What is odd is that I downloaded "GPS Status & Toolbox" by EclipSim to test GPS functionality and when I start the app, it locks onto 6-10 satellites within about 2-3 seconds. So, it seems that the GPS itself is working fine, but other apps are having a hard time locking on.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Everything else in this ROM just rocks, by the way!

lsusparky621
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrucelski View Post
When I start up Google Maps, Google Navigation, Endomondo, or just about any other application that uses GPS for determining location, it seems like the first lock takes 3-5 minutes. Once I have the initial lock in one app, it locks on almost instantly when I start another app.

What is odd is that I downloaded "GPS Status & Toolbox" by EclipSim to test GPS functionality and when I start the app, it locks onto 6-10 satellites within about 2-3 seconds. So, it seems that the GPS itself is working fine, but other apps are having a hard time locking on.
I have the same experience. It has to have something to do with the A-GPS data because GPS Status & Toolbox downloads this automatically, giving you the fast locks with that application alone. That is why I don't use that app as an indicator of initial lock time.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III running Task650 AOKP with Ktoonsez kernel
HTC Aria S-OFF with CM9
Hit the THANKS if my post helped

bigwavesurfer4
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumist View Post
Follow my alternative instructions on how to apply the 2.2.2 update here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=145

This method does not require Windows.
This worked great. it clearly says the hboot has been upgraded. Turned the phone off and booted into recovery and got a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point...so...am i going to have to go through the steps to reroot my aria...or is this a problem with S-on? Let me know where to go from here.
Matt

themacman1000
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
This worked great. it clearly says the hboot has been upgraded. Turned the phone off and booted into recovery and got a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point...so...am i going to have to go through the steps to reroot my aria...or is this a problem with S-on? Let me know where to go from here.
Matt
That red exclamation mark is the stock recovery. You need to now flash CWM recovery.

Edit: Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1122694

Sent from my HTC Intruder
HTC One X running EON AOKP 4.4

drumist
Old
(Last edited by drumist; 6th May 2012 at 02:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 537
Quote:
Matt
You need to install CWM again, like themacman1000 said. But you need to run Revolutionary first. The full process is this:

1) Use Revolutionary. This will give you S-OFF.
2) Install CWM by downloading Android Flasher and this version of CWM (this is the latest version available now). Run Android Flasher and flash the img file to your phone as a recovery.
3) You're done, but still have an unrooted ROM because this process does not modify your stock ROM. Go into recovery to flash the ROM of your choice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drumist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aster190
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Matt
I used this method to root my Aria: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC...l_Update_Guide

munjeni
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 14882
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrucelski View Post
Hey, munjeni.

Is there a known issue with very slow GPS lock (I'm located in southeastern Pennsylvania in US)? I've read through the entire thread and saw a couple of posts very early on in the development of this ROM regarding GPS, but nothing too much since then.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Everything else in this ROM just rocks, by the way!
I allso have problem with slow gps lock... so what is your experimence about first patch for gps in my rom (it was gingerbread librpc) ? If it was worked better I will back librpc to gingerbread librpc! Also please try gps.conf from attachment and let me know, I'm curently on another device and have not time to try
Attached Files
File Type: rar gps.rar - [Click for QR Code] (665 Bytes, 46 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redd920
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Apps wont find my location right away have to press the button like 5 or 6 times

Sent from my Liberty using XDA

lsusparky621
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni View Post
I allso have problem with slow gps lock... so what is your experimence about first patch for gps in my rom (it was gingerbread librpc) ? If it was worked better I will back librpc to gingerbread librpc! Also please try gps.conf from attachment and let me know, I'm curently on another device and have not time to try
I believe the gingerbread librpc worked better. I can try it out an see how it goes. Thanks!
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III running Task650 AOKP with Ktoonsez kernel
HTC Aria S-OFF with CM9
Hit the THANKS if my post helped