Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What a joke Anybody eles still not got the ICS update in UK

Tip us?
 
crazymanc
Old
#1  
crazymanc's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: manchester
Thumbs down [Q] What a joke Anybody eles still not got the ICS update in UK

Anybody eles still not got the ICS update in UK getting to be a bit of a joke this now
 
kiwirj
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2012
why is it a joke, the update will come. I'm just wondering if people who buy android do not release that the updates roll out in batches and can take time before they get it.
 
netham45
Old
#3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 529
Posts: 859
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver

 
DONATE TO ME
Yea, they can't feasiabally roll out the update to everyone at the same time, it'd overload their update servers.

You'll get it, probabally within a week, just be patient.
Don't PM me for help, post on the forums. I won't respond to basic questions.

I wrote and maintain the jailbreak scripts for Windows RT.

Tablet: Microsoft Surface RT 32GB, Type Keyboard
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note III

Helpful Windows RT Links:
Windows RT Jailbreak Tool
List of ported apps
Disabling Windows Update
 
al2052
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2012
Still no update for me in UK, been trying for about 2 weeks, lost the poor signal problem, and back to uptodate message, must admit it would be nice if Acer was forthcoming with a bit of information.
The Following User Says Thank You to al2052 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
crazymanc
Old
#5  
crazymanc's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: manchester
The rollout started on the 27th april 24th for others no support what so ever from acer in the uk no infomation has to why some users in the uk have not got it thats why its a JOKE and yes i do no it is in order it goes by the devices serial number and i started this thread to get replys from people in the uk who havent got the update so i would no if anybody eles was still waiting not from people to tell me to be patient and that i do not no how acer roll's out there updates thankyou very much
 
nasimdejai
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 313
Join Date: Aug 2010
I'm in the UK, on stock 3.2,never rooted and never flashed custom ROMs and still haven't received the ICS even after installing the Enhancement app. Sent Acer UK an email and one of the solutions suggested by the rep was to reset the device to factory settings which I refused to go ahead with. It took me a long time to get the home screens the way I wanted them and apps installed. So,for someone to suggest factory reset is out of the question. I'd rather stay on Honeycomb till Windows 8 devices starts showing up,meaning no more android tablets for me. This is my 2nd Tablet and I've been absolutely disappointed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
 
CyaN1de
Old
(Last edited by CyaN1de; 6th May 2012 at 08:04 PM.)
#7  
CyaN1de's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 243
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasimdejai View Post
I'm in the UK, on stock 3.2,never rooted and never flashed custom ROMs and still haven't received the ICS even after installing the Enhancement app. Sent Acer UK an email and one of the solutions suggested by the rep was to reset the device to factory settings which I refused to go ahead with. It took me a long time to get the home screens the way I wanted them and apps installed. So,for someone to suggest factory reset is out of the question. I'd rather stay on Honeycomb till Windows 8 devices starts showing up,meaning no more android tablets for me. This is my 2nd Tablet and I've been absolutely disappointed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
So you bitch about not getting the upgrade but refuse to do what was suggested by the manufacturer to facilitate the upgrade? And it's Acer's fault?

If you want ICS that badly then dl one of the many stock ICS roms and do it manually. No need to root either.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium
 
crazymanc
Old
#8  
crazymanc's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyaN1de View Post
So you bitch about not getting the upgrade but refuse to do what was suggested by the manufacturer to facilitate the upgrade? And it's Acer's fault?

If you want ICS that badly then dl one of the many stock ICS roms and do it manually. No need to root either.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium
In all fairness we shouldn't have to factory reset are device and reinstall all the apps and get are home screens back how we had them just to receive a update from Acer in most cases anyway it does not work it didn't for me i did a factory reset, it sorted my issue out with the market not upgrading to play store but that was it still no ICS so factory reset doesn't always work that is just Acers answer to a lot of problems when the customer rings or emails regardless of the fault 9 times out of 10 this does solve the issue but i don't see the relevance to doing a factory reset so we can download the update from acers servers the problem is acers fault not the customer and not the device so i would bitch aswell if i was told to reset and reinstall all my data with no 100% guarantee that it would update to the ICS the stock ics roms are they fully working or is there still issues with the orientation and wifi ? CyaN1de are you running one of these stock roms or are you running ota thanks
 
nasimdejai
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 313
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymanc View Post
In all fairness we shouldn't have to factory reset are device and reinstall all the apps and get are home screens back how we had them just to receive a update from Acer in most cases anyway it does not work it didn't for me i did a factory reset, it sorted my issue out with the market not upgrading to play store but that was it still no ICS so factory reset doesn't always work that is just Acers answer to a lot of problems when the customer rings or emails regardless of the fault 9 times out of 10 this does solve the issue but i don't see the relevance to doing a factory reset so we can download the update from acers servers the problem is acers fault not the customer and not the device so i would bitch aswell if i was told to reset and reinstall all my data with no 100% guarantee that it would update to the ICS the stock ics roms are they fully working or is there still issues with the orientation and wifi ? CyaN1de are you running one of these stock roms or are you running ota thanks
Thanks for that response. Some ppl do not understand that not everyone is technically gifted in terms of installing custom ROMs or tweaking software on devices. One has to be very patient by following instructions to the letter and still, some end up bricking their devices.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
 
CyaN1de
Old
(Last edited by CyaN1de; 6th May 2012 at 10:16 PM.)
#10  
CyaN1de's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 243
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymanc View Post
CyaN1de are you running one of these stock roms or are you running ota thanks
I agree that a full reset should not be required, but complaining your unit is not getting OTA then not even trying what was suggested and blaming someone else is just silly. Now if the reset did not work THEN I would be complaining non-stop to whoever would listen.

I run OTA on wifes A500 and custom Flexreaper (atm) on my A500 (had Icylicious on previously).

Put custom on mine the day I got it as I didn't want to wait for OTA because I'm an impatient SOB.

The 1.031 leaked rom on here is the same rom my wifes tab was updated to OTA. So simply extracting the update.zip to sd card and flashing via power+vol button is the same as getting it OTA from Acer.

1. Download zip from http://vache-android.com/v1/download.php?fileID=151
2. Unzip and extract update.zip from archive
3. Transfer update.zip to root of your micro sd card
4. Power up tablet holding power + vol (closest to power button) until you see something like "booting recovery kernal image" in upper left
5. Tablet will update to ICS and reboot.

All your apps and settings will remain as is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nasimdejai View Post
Thanks for that response. Some ppl do not understand that not everyone is technically gifted in terms of installing custom ROMs or tweaking software on devices. One has to be very patient by following instructions to the letter and still, some end up bricking their devices.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
Believe me, I am certainly not "technically gifted" in any way, shape or form. LOL

It simply comes down to following instructions (sometimes having to read them 3 or 4 times as not everyone's first language is English) written by the developers.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes