Tip us?

kobridge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3455

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamERA View Post
Yeah thats right But only when yiur not connected to a wifi hotspot already, but you have wifi turned on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
This is what I'm saying. Once we connected to one network, wifi will not try to search the new network until it lose the current connection. So, do we need to set up 5 minutes for this? My point was, how long we have to wait until wifi automatically find the new network and some people could complain why it's not immediately detect the new network. If wifi is turned on but no wifi network connected, then phone will search the network based on this time. That's why I said, it's based on user's preference.

Samsung Galaxy II EPIC 4G Touch SPH-D710
Kobridge's Stock GB27/GB08/GA10/FL16 ROM + Addons
Kobridge Tweak Pack v4.34
TD's GB27/GB08 AIO Mod for E4GT Jelly Bean

The Following User Says Thank You to kobridge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TeamERA
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobridge View Post
Could you please be more specific? I'm not trying to down play it. I just want to find what was wrong and how you fixed it.
What I'm seeing is, adding some missing items based on stock build.prop sequence. For me, I rearranged the sequence based on the item name to make it easy to find and modify. That's why I said, almost same. I do not see any missing items or added items yet.
Oh I wasnt trying to sound that way, sorry. But there were about 10 duplicate lines, some 3 times, others 2 times. You had conflicting values also, so Im just trying to help not take credit. I did want to thank you for thanking me in the OP, but I see you removed that . Anyways Ill keep trying to help if and when you call upon it, as I will for any member of xda.

And these build.props wont cause any boot loops

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeamERA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TeamERA
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobridge View Post
This is what I'm saying. Once we connected to one network, wifi will not try to search the new network until it lose the current connection. So, do we need to set up 5 minutes for this? My point was, how long we have to wait until wifi automatically find the new network and some people could complain why it's not immediately detect the new network. If wifi is turned on but no wifi network connected, then phone will search the network based on this time. That's why I said, it's based on user's preference.
What your saying is right, but 5 min is clearly a small number compared to 3 min , as 15sec is compared to 3 minutes. So if they complain about 5 min, dont you think they may complain about 3 minutes, remember stock is 15 seconds.

The Following User Says Thank You to TeamERA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kobridge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3455

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamERA View Post
Oh I wasnt trying to sound that way, sorry. But there were about 10 duplicate lines, some 3 times, others 2 times. You had conflicting values also, so Im just trying to help not take credit. I did want to thank you for thanking me in the OP, but I see you removed that . Anyways Ill keep trying to help if and when you call upon it, as I will for any member of xda.

And these build.props wont cause any boot loops

This is why I published the second version and now planning to publish another version soon. I'm still keeping my big thanks to you in my second post.
Thanks for your explanation!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kobridge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

countryteazer
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Alls I know is I'm using the build.prop from the link TeamERA provided along with the init.d scripts that kobridge posted with the Blu Kuban ROM and I'm seeing the best battery life I've ever seen on any ICS related ROM. A very big thanks to both of you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryteazer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kobridge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3455

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryteazer View Post
Alls I know is I'm using the build.prop from the link TeamERA provided along with the init.d scripts that kobridge posted with the Blu Kuban ROM and I'm seeing the best battery life I've ever seen on any ICS related ROM. A very big thanks to both of you!
Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated!

kobridge
Old
(Last edited by kobridge; 6th May 2012 at 04:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3455

DONATE TO ME
Default GB Blazer ROM 4.1 EL29 test

GB Kernel Test - Blazer 4.1 EL29 - Not able to change the CPU frequencies and frequency change causes phone freezing during the sleep & wakeup. No way to change this by init.d script so far. Only the way would be using Tegrak or System Tuner Pro tools. I tried System Tuner Pro and set the conservative governor as on boot instead of init.d option. Working like a charm and no freezing yet. Will report back the battery life. I turned on the default tweaks included in Blazer rom (init.d scripts) except the S70darky_zipalign script because it seems like this script is causing some widget not displayed - most of widgets not displayed but app shortcuts.

By default, all init.d scripts on blazer rom 4.1 are disabled. To run those scripts, you need to change the permission to 755 from 644. The tweaks look great!

Update: Blazer CPU governor changed to conservative from default ondemand and CPU underclocked to 1GHz. Besides of that, everything runs with Blazer defaults. Battery status : running 8 hours and 89% battery left. Getting almost same battery performance like running CPU tweaks on ICS.

The Following User Says Thank You to kobridge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2344
I'm confused on how to possibly get this working on code name. All I have done so far is push the build.prop file for aokp that was posted yesterday.

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

RustedRoot
Old
(Last edited by RustedRoot; 7th May 2012 at 03:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 123
All's well save for the 70wifi script. Keep getting 127 Exit Code in Script Manager when booting. 3 other scripts returning 0 Codes. Running Team ERA's FD26 build.prop and Agat's FD26 with Sfhubs FD26 modded kernel plus. Removed Agat's 7Tweaks from init.d (I assume that was necessary?). Pray tell, what am I missing?

SOLVED: Copied sqlite3 to System/bin and System/xbin folders. (How do I give thanks to myself? Lol. Gave thanks to Kobridge however.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-05-06-17-44-02.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1045217  

JohnCorleone
Old
Thanks Meter 5707

DONATE TO ME
Kobridge, here's a idle battery drain shot with wifi set to never sleep on Venum Ice. I do have a few init.d scripts running. I am going to try yours on next battery cycle...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336341756768.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1045246  

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnCorleone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]